Girlfriend broke up with me/panic mode

Options
13»

Replies

• kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    sorry 2 hear that. But u need 2 remember 2 keep urself on track try n fill ur free time working out as well as getting fit it will give u such a boost, sometimes if i feel like i cant b bothered n dont know if i wan2 carry on i look at ppls profiles n c their tickers and see how well their doing n that puts me right back on it, good luck, feel free 2 add me as a friend, i found having a bigger group 4 support is a big help. :0)
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    gonna need you to not have pizza grease on your chin when you meet your next girlfriend....

haha true! hang in there, stay positive!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Its probably not too emotionally healthy, but I've always been a fan of the "gonna-look-so-good-you'll-regret-breaking-up-with-me" tactic. The "now-that-I'm-single-I-have-to-look-good-to-attract-someone-better" can also be quite helpful.

Haha I did that before and it was the greatest feeling ever! Im not suggesting it neccesseraly but it was awesome to hear him begging me to take him back and me say "heck no"! haha
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have one comfort food that always makes me feel better. So I set myself a time limit, wallow in misery for a few hours/days depending on the situation. Then I go to Bruam's, get a banana split, and sit in my car (sometimes crying), and eat my banana split, chocolate end first, vanilla last, and when its gone, I'm done being depressed. I decide what I'm going to do about the situation, and I do it.

If you really have a certain food that you associate with emotional recovery, allow yourself that, but only that, and only once. After that, its time for you to take care of yourself, not torture yourself.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I went through a divorce that really pulled the rug out from under me and it was HARD to make healthy choices!
    Here are some thoughts:
    REMEMBER what you learned - the whole relationship wasn't bad. I've learned from every person I've dated and I've kept those lessons with me. Seperate the good from the bad. The good is she showed you how to make some healthier choices. That's worth maintaining for sure!
    Control what you can, and don't try to control what you can't. You can't control her feelings, but you CAN control how you allow yourself to react to it. Moarning is a normal part of change, and this is a big change for you.
    CALL GOOD FRIENDS and FAMILY! Reach out to others, stay busy, and set goals!

You'll get through this - and you can control what your waist line looks like when you come out the other side!
  • guadalupezvl
    Options
    Oh sweetie don't let this get you down! use it as motivation to do better....Your health is what matter the most. besides dont doubt that someone better will come along! :)
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    About 18 months ago, my partner broke up with me because he didn't find me sexually attractive anymore. We'd been together for a couple of years, and had a child, and I'd gained a lot of weight, and it really kicked me into overdrive to show him that I can better myself, and can look better.
    Regardless of the reasons as to why you broke up, any women in the future will enjoy having a guy who looks after himself :)
    Sorry you're feeling bad, I hope you feel better soon.
    Work through it :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Dude, just go to a strip club, they always cheer me up even when I don't need cheering up :)

hahahahahahahahahaha, love it.

i was gonna say, eat the pizza, get some ice cream as well if you want, and eat your feelings. then tomorrow, its a whole new day and you can carry on and try one day at a time to put her behind you and work on making yourself happy and healthy. but actually, just go to the strip club!!!
  • ProphetOfDoom
    Options
    Dude, just go to a strip club, they always cheer me up even when I don't need cheering up :)

hahahahahahahahahaha, love it.

i was gonna say, eat the pizza, get some ice cream as well if you want, and eat your feelings. then tomorrow, its a whole new day and you can carry on and try one day at a time to put her behind you and work on making yourself happy and healthy. but actually, just go to the strip club!!!

+ 1 I agree. lol

Get into the shape you want (After said strip club) and then in however many months it takes, run into her and make her pissed that she broke up with you. Use this as motivation to keep working at your goals.
  • jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. I have read everyone's response and it means so much to me. Actually, all of you kept me from giving all of this up. I'm not going to let her control my life, since she is no longer in it! I'm going to do this for myself. The next girl I meet will be that much luckier. :)

It's so great to know that everyone is here to support me. I won't wallow in my pain for long, but knowing that this fantastic support system is here makes me feel so much better. I don't know what I would do without all of you. You are all wonderful people and I wish you the best of luck in life. We all deserve it!
  • laureneva15
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. I have read everyone's response and it means so much to me. Actually, all of you kept me from giving all of this up. I'm not going to let her control my life, since she is no longer in it! I'm going to do this for myself. The next girl I meet will be that much luckier. :)

It's so great to know that everyone is here to support me. I won't wallow in my pain for long, but knowing that this fantastic support system is here makes me feel so much better. I don't know what I would do without all of you. You are all wonderful people and I wish you the best of luck in life. We all deserve it!

best change and attitude you can have for yourself right now.
    Let the healing begin
    just remember you'll have your good and bad days, take them as they come.
    Just keep breathing
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just try and keep calm, I ended up finishing with my boyfriend just over a week ago. We'd been going out just over 8 months too, I was really really hurt by something he did and I was torn between wanting to not eat at all and to eat everything in sight and purge (I used to suffer with an ed) so it just brought back all those negative feelings

What helped me was keeping distracted ,exercise worked really well at keeping me distracted from how I felt. Also sims 2 works wonders too but exercise is probably better.