How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I'm curious to see how often everyone weighs and why you weigh that often or not? I feel like if I weighed in every day I would be discouraged. But maybe it would be better. Thoughts?

Replies

• AmberYZ
    AmberYZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It can be discouraging to see water retention, but it lets me monitor my fluctuation and what to change
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Monday morning. Everyday would be overkill, imo.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It can be discouraging to see water retention, but it lets me monitor my fluctuation and what to change
    this.
  • cibolodave
    Options
    i weigh myself every other morning
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend weekly as the most frequent to weigh yourself.

I'm already at my goal range so I just weigh myself monthly to make sure I'm not allowing weight to creep back on
  • melissaslagle
    Options
    Once a week, I got in the habit with WW and I heard about the many fluctuations, so I keep my sanity with once a week.
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Every morning at the same time. This is usually right after I use the restroom first thing in the am.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Weekly!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in 6 weeks. I'm in quasi-maintenance and more focused on fitness and marathon training than anything else right now. I feel and look good, am pleased with my training and I have very little interest in what the scale has to say to me at this point.

I did it once a week before...occasionally twice a week...or every other week. Never been an every day weigh person.
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    every morning.
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Probably too often. I weigh once in the morning and once at night. Sometimes during the day just out of curiosity. But I have learned not to let day to day fluctuations upset me. I am just interested in my own personal fluctuations and how certain foods/behaviors effect my body. I only weigh at night to see how much different it is in the morning- really interesting!

But if you are easily discouraged, I suggest once or twice a week. I really only count my weigh in once a week (Saturday morning).

It is whatever works for you!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I know I SHOULD only weight once a week....but, I weigh myself everyday.... Cant resist! I know that sometimes I will gain a pound or two for sodium levels etc....but, drink more water etc....then next thing you know...the scale will say Ive lost four pounds! lol I just like getting on the scale. I dont get discouraged by the scale....I know it can be evil....lol. Just a morning routine! : )
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't think I could weigh myself every single day! I would make myself crazy!
    Personally - I think once a week is more than enough - even once every two weeks is fine!

I weigh in every Monday morning - after my morning "potty" and before breakfast
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I do a once a week official weigh in, and that's what I log. But I just bought a cool scale that gives me other stats, along with weight, so I've been stepping on it daily, just for kicks, haha.
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    daily......it keeps me in check and its my form of accountability.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    About 4 to 5 times per day.

Yes, I know everyone says that is bad. I tried the other ways and as of right now, I like this. It's fun and I understand about flucuations so I don't get discouraged. I always flucuate about 3 pounds so weighing myself once a week would not really be very accurate for me.

I figure it's my journey and I can do whatever I want with the stupid scale! :)

P.S. One fun thing I like to do is weigh myself right after I come in from a run in the 90 something degree heat, before I drink any water. I know it's not accurate, but it's exciting to see that really low number. It motivates me.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning....everyday would drive me crazy as it tends to fluctuate daily.....

If I had a bad weekend, and I started back good on Monday, they I will check Wednesday to see if the water retention is coming down and then I weigh again Monday morning.
  • AnaBananaChan
    Options
    I honestly don't. After this August Challenge I am doing, I'll weigh myself, but I am honestly nervous to look at a scale. I've had issues in the past where I just fluctuate, plateau or gain weight. So I don't dare look yet. However, after this challenge, I'll find another and weigh in after that one. (^_^)
  • jah_on
    jah_on Posts: 5
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. Weighing yourself everyday is not helpful in weight loss, in fact it can be detrimental to your progress. The measuring tape is a better way to measure where you're losing and gaining inches. Also, if you're a woman, you will bloat certain times of the month and if you're an emotional eater, you will give that scale power over you if you go on it everyday.