Do you wear a swim suit?

Options
This is for the ladies out there. Ok, guys can join, too. Just no speedos!

I personally will not be caught dead in a swim suit until I lose at least 20 more pounds. I would feel really embarrassed, ashamed, envious, self-conscious. The list of negative adjectives goes on and on. I wish I didn't care what people think, but I do.

BUT....you see fat/chubby people all the time in swim suits! So what do you do?

Replies

• jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I wear a halter tankini top with a skirted bottom if I go swimming anywhere
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Well since my main exercise is water aerobics, Yeah I wear one pretty much daily. I have a tankini, a one piece and a 1 piece with a sort ruched skirted thingy on the bottom.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wear it (but suck it in). If I feel comfortable in it, who cares about anyone else? Besides, I'm not the best looking/figured person, but there will always be someone less fortunate looking than me rocking something much smaller, so, if they can do it so can I.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    bikini (or a monokini) allllllllllll the waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

my fat/chubby friends wear bikinis too btw... sometimes its just a confidence thing :)
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    I don' t even SWIM, and I still rock a swimmin suit. Even if it's just to climb in the hot tub.......I'm also a lingerie freak.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a swimsuit in over 8 years because I refuse to be one of those people who look terrible at the beach. And I don't plan to even consider looking for a swimsuit until I get to my goal weight.

But that's just me. I take how I look in public very seriously lol.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a lake and my grandfather still lives on it and the 4th of July is always spent at his house so.....I always have a bathing suit! No matter what my size I would never even imagine not owning or putting on a suit and going swimming! My suits as of late are usually swim dresses but they are still suits and still show all the lumps and bumps of my belly. I just couldn't ever not go in the lake.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I wear a bikini top and girlie board shorts. I feel ok with my stomach so I don't mind it showing. It's my butt, hips, and upper thighs that I feel need a lil extra coverage.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I hadn't put on my suit for about 5 years. Earlier this summer I put it on and it had lost all it's elasticity. So last week I went and bought one in a plus size on clearance and wore it at the pool on our vacation. I have decided that I am NOT going to wait until all the weight is off before I really start living again. I've let my weight hold me back from enjoying life for too long. So yes, as of last Saturday, I do wear a swim suit in public It's tasteful and covers the worst of the trouble spots, so it isn't like I'm a whale in a bikini - nobody wants to see that!

I hope that by swimsuit season next year, I have to buy a new one!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have a bikini with boy short bottoms... but I haven't had occasion to wear it for I don't know how long! Come to think of it... after 34lbs gone, it's probably too big for me now. Better shop for a new one before my next venture to a pool/beach... don't wanna lose my drawers or have the girls making an unscheduled appearance. lol
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I've actually worn a 2 piece this year at the pool where we live. Please not that most of the people here are older and don't go to the pool.

Oh, and I'm still a chubba wubba!
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    HAH,Yes, yes I do...
    with SHORTS and a WIFEBEATER/TANK TOP over
  • kgs1292
    kgs1292 Posts: 4
    Options
    I absolutley HATE HATE HATE wearing a bathing suit. But sadly some instances I do need to so I have a tankini i guess it is... tank top and a skirt bottom. But then I will wear a shirt over it if I am not comforable in the setting I need to wear it at. But luckily for me this summer hasn't required me to get it out and dust it off. Thank god for small favors. Even when I reach my goal weight my bikini days are over after kids. But I have always been a very self conscious person . I think people who do have stretch marks and lumps and bumps and still strut there stuff, more power to them. If people don't like the way you look in something , then close their fricking eyes.
  • forttc
    forttc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight and look terrible in a swimsuit but I wear still wear it. I'm not going to be so worried about what other people think that I take all the fun out of my life. Why would anyone give someone else that much power. I'm not proud of being overweight and I understand the embarrassment but it also gives me that much more incentive to stick to my weight loss program. Next summer I hope to look that much better in a swim suit and the year after that even better. I really hope you swim.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    bikini (or a monokini) allllllllllll the waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

my fat/chubby friends wear bikinis too btw... sometimes its just a confidence thing :)

haha
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have decided that I am NOT going to wait until all the weight is off before I really start living again. I've let my weight hold me back from enjoying life for too long.

THIS, THIS, THIS! If I'm having fun-- and if I'm near the water, you bet I am!-- then I'm not worried about what I look like anyway. For the most part... Live life and enjoy it while you're at it!
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yes i wear a swim suit, but i wouldn't if i was real bad overweight. i would be too self-conscious and embarrassed. wouldn't want to make a spectacle of myself.

8450787.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I will wear a swimsuit when Hell freezes over.
    And, you know, freezing temperatures are really not the time to be putting on a swimsuit, are they?
    So, pretty much NEVER.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i used to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooo soooo sooo self concisous to show my stomach. like girls walking around on the beach-- yeah NOT my thing. It was so embarassing for me.... I now feel comfortable. It took me to get down to about 19% body fat to actually feel confident tho! =[ I know I looked fine before, but still...

some of those girls at the beach have SMOKINNNN bodies. I cannot even close to compare, and I am basically at my goal! haha
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Only when kids or old people are around.