Do you wear a swim suit?

Options

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I put on my damn swim suit and fly around. Life is too short to worry about offending someone else's eyeballs.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I wear a swimdress, as of this year. I had a really bad green one piece the last few years, and I was gonna just stick with it till I was at goal...but then I got a glimpse of myself and the big circled seams around each of my boobs and Had to replace it Now~
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    7 months pregnant, and I feel like a whale, but I still wear a tankini (maternity, of course). How else could I swim those laps that keep me in shape?

I won't let my daughter wear a bikini, so I continue to set the example by wearing a 1-piece or tankini, even when not pregnant. Last year, I found a nice swim shirt that went over my suit, and it really helped with feeling self-conscious, too. But I like to be in the water, so I wear a suit. (It's good exercise!!!!!)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am older and over-overweight and I have lots of swim suits. I love swimming, beaches, and Aquafit. My mother has a great pool and we even live in Seattle. All of my clothes have gotten too big for me except my swim suits which I tend to wear on the smaller side. Well actually one is getting too big. I usually wear one pieces and tankinis with skirts for now. I can't wait till I look good in those triatholon style suits with the shorts for biking.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, always have, even at my fattest. What is the worst thing that could happen? That someone will look at me and think "wow, she's fat". Ummmm, they could think that just as easily if I have clothes on. And does it change anything in my life? Nope, I already knew that I needed to lose weight, other people thinking that makes no difference to me.

I have worn a bikini for years , even at a size 18 - I've been inspired by meeting European women on holidays who seem to be quite un-selfconscious at any size, it's fabulous!

So, wear it, feel good! If you're selfconcious get a cute wrap or shirt or shorts to go over the top, but don't hide away because you are "too fat", I don't believe it!
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Girls, girls, girls, I feel like the mommy here, but just remember it's not important what others think, it is how we view ourself. This is the hardest thing I think for us all to overcome. Yes we all want to look good, but remember losing weight most importantly is for our health. We all want to live life to its fullest and we all CAN NOT be that super model. Be comfortable and happy whatever size you are. We are all here to lose weight to be healthy and I might say you all are doing such a good job. Wear those bathing suits, feel good about yourselves. And yes I do wear a bathing suit and always have and could care less how others feel about it!!! Depending on where I am going to swim determines what kind I'm going to wear. You all are so beautiful!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I put on my damn swim suit and fly around. Life is too short to worry about offending someone else's eyeballs.

I LOVE your sense of humor and your siggy pic is fantastic!!!!! Will you be my friend????
  • amygibson82
    amygibson82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I actually have four swimsuits! We have a pool in our backyard so I really don't give a crap what anyone who comes here to swim thinks. But we went to Florida in April and I STILL wore my swimsuit to the beach. I know I'm overweight and I know I'm not a "beachbody", but I was with my family having fun and that is all that mattered to me :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't care if I was 500 pounds. I love to swim and will be on the beach in my bathing suit everytime the weather is nice and I am on the beach. I don't give a rat's butt about what people think about how I look; I am not losing weight for them! I enjoy swimming, boogie boarding, surfing, etc...and I live in a bathing suit when I am vacationing at the beach.
  • FloraJoy
    FloraJoy Posts: 24
    Options
    If you love the beach you should be in a swim suit on one as often as possible. Enjoy!
  • change_happens
    Options
    Why.... To scare the sand away?! No.... We need sandy beaches
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I wear one when I swim laps.... I figure no one's looking at my manatee body as we're heaving ourselves back and forth across the pool.
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly girls if your happy with your body wear what the hell you like!! other ppls opinions are just that and have no bearing on your life whatsoever :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    yes I do, it is old and looks like something our gym teachers used to wear, remember? lol but I plan on getting something cute as a reward when I get to my goal weight or this one gets to small, which ever comes first :) swimming is an awesome work out and I love it a lot more then the treadmill so i dont care what anyone thinks when I am swimming at the gym :) it covers all the important parts, what more could I ask :) I dont go there to look cute, I go there to work :)
  • kellogsmscott
    kellogsmscott Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't usually but I did last night! And you know what, not actually as horrific as I thought. Im 40lbs away from my goal weight but I guess through existing exercise my legs weren't vile, they may have been a bit of back fat lol but nothing I couldn't handle, and I thought, well, why not?

I swam for 45 mins and that was fine. People there were bigger, smaller, no one cared.

Kel x
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 200's and yeah I own & wear my swim suit weekly :) I love water activity's way to much not to !!!!!!!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a one piece this year and before that I had a tankini with a skirt. I usually wear a sarong until the moment I'm ready to get in the pool. I have two toddlers so not getting in the water isn't an option.
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    I will be completely honest. I LOVE my swim suits and I proudly rock them without any kind of cover up. I even loved my swim suits 60 pounds and 5 sizes ago. I learned at a young age that I have to be comfortable and to me, comfortable is in the water so I dont really care what other people think. I will also add that I get very frustrated trying to find bathing suits at my size because I can never find any that don't have a skirt at the bottom. They irritate me more than anything! I don't mind showing my thighs. I guess I'm just comfortable the way I am!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a swimsuit because I don't swim. I'm afraid of the water. But if an occasion comes up, I will wear one. I do prefer to wear shorts over it, but that's more due to my... erm... bikini area. Even when I'm clean-shaven you can see the hair follicles because my skin is very pale. It's not a good look. :laugh:
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    I hated wearing a swim suit but there is a lot of options out there to flatter the body. check out different styles and find one you will feel comfy in. also once you are in the water no one can see what you are wearing or what you look like. no one will be looking at you when you get in or out of the pool ether because they will be too busy in the pool. once you get over all the fear the first time you will realise it isnt as bad as you think. be strong and confident and you will be so happy when you over come this fear.

you can also take a towel with you and set it at the end of the pool or some pools allow you to wear shorts and a tee :D

just be strong and beautiful :D