what have YOU given up to help attain your fitness goals?

Options
For me sugar was a HUGE thing to give up, we are talking a 5 POUND bag worth every 2 weeks.......for just my coffee! I still have the old container, with sugar in it and haven't touched it since I quit added sugar Feb 19th 2011. I now use artificial sweetener although some may disagree with that as well, but I like my coffee sweet and light and I am not giving THAT up anytime soon.......I am going to throw that container away because just looking at it reminds me of the stupid headache withdrawls I had......

YOUR TURN :)

Replies

• wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    White Bread...I've switched to Rye. And I actually like it better now (after 3 months.) I had a piece of white, and the sticky ball on the roof of my mouth completely turned me off.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I used to drink numerous cans of Coke every day. At least 4, but typically more than that. And I try to avoid added sugar wherever possible.

Other than that, I have just shifted from eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted (and lots of it), I now eat whatever I want, after a good workout, in moderation, haha.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I gave up everything that was bad for me. Have not missed any of it. I feel much better and I am almost off of bloodpressure meds. Life is great.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    rolls
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have given up sitting on my *kitten* all evening in favour of working out/goign for a run and THEN sitting on my *kitten*!
  • MrCake
    MrCake Posts: 53
    Options
    Gave up the excess fat and usual low energy levels is exchange for feeling, performing and looking better. Don't think of a healthier life as being a sacrifice.

Sorry just had to say it :)
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    SUGAR!
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    White bread ->multigrain bread
    full cream milk ->skim milk
    sugar -> artificial sweetner
    fruit juice + soda -> water
    lazing around -> working out
    I prefer the healthier ones now =)
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Juice! Back in 2009 I was drinking 8 glasses of juice a day and I was baaawwwing why I couldn't lose weight. *facepalm*. I haven't had any juice in months, save for 4 ounces of orange juice last week.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    White Bread...I've switched to Rye. And I actually like it better now (after 3 months.) I had a piece of white, and the sticky ball on the roof of my mouth completely turned me off.

Yay!.....the sticky ball on roof of mouth......lol
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I used to drink numerous cans of Coke every day. At least 4, but typically more than that. And I try to avoid added sugar wherever possible.

Other than that, I have just shifted from eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted (and lots of it), I now eat whatever I want, after a good workout, in moderation, haha.

Way to go! I love diet coke and can easily drink a 2 liter + a day......try not to. Awesome mindset!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    To attain fitness goals, I'd probably say the biggest sacrafices have been
    1. time.....it takes more time that I'd do other things like read more, my hair is not as nice or as clean as it used to be (since I don't have time to wash/style ever day soi skip days and it really bothers me sometimes because my hairline sweats.....yuck!) and more laundry to do with all the workout clothes everyday or more
    2. money.....all the accessories and things needed (more shoes more often, better shoes, HRM, classes/gym, workout clothes more often and more stuff, whether songs for my iTouch or workout weights, dvd's, etc.)
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    Candy... And I mean like a kid on Halloween night!! I could inhale chocolate and skittles like I was 10.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Nothing really.

I still eat out, I still drink pop, I still have sweets.

BUT, it's in moderation.

Instead of sitting on my *kitten* I move.

It's not costing me anything to move. Its saving me money on fast food! :)
  • seyran
    seyran Posts: 43
    Options
    I have given up sugar in my drinks (tea, coffee, etc) years ago and instead I used artificial sweeteners. Now since January I have given up the sweeteners aswell. I think sweeteners were bloating. I have given up whole milk and white bread too.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Gave up the excess fat and usual low energy levels is exchange for feeling, performing and looking better. Don't think of a healthier life as being a sacrifice.

Sorry just had to say it :)

No worries! That is the joy of free speech :) awesome
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've given up laziness and substituted organization ;) planning meals has been the biggest payoff!
  • greensnow
    Options
    Chocolate :'( I used to eat a block in one sitting lol
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    soda, most white bread and potatoes....being lazy and complacent.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Loving all your answers.....cannot quote everyone since I am using my phone! Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!