Girls between 125-135lbs!

Options
My goal weight is anywhere between these two weights. I'm in the low 140's right now, and I've been here FOREVER. I know I can get to 135lb... but I was wondering if 125lb is shooting too far.

Anyway so my question for you ladies who weigh in this range - How tall are you? And how would you describe your build? For example, I'm 5'5ish and I'd say I'm medium built (not petite, but not necessarily bulky either).

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm interested in this too. I'm 5'4.5" and have an overall goal of 135 but would like to see 125 but not sure if I'll look "right" there.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol no! i'm 5'8.5", and i'm 130 shooting for 127

since you are 3.5 inches shorter than me i'm sure 125 is not unreasonable.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    Here is a neat website to see women at differnt heights and weights and sizes... you pick the stats you want to see:

mybodygallery.com
  • hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm actually alittle smaller that 125, about 120 right now. I am 5'2 and pretty petite, but with a really large chest size. Ick! My sister though is 5'5 and she is 125, and I think she looks really awesome! :)
  • rrjs
    rrjs Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5' 2'', my weight fluctuates between 125-130, and I'm trying to ultimately be 120.

You're a few inches taller than me, which makes a huge difference in weight distribution, so I'd say you'd be pretty slim at 125-135. I'm medium build, and gain weight in the lower part of my body. I wish my thighs and hips were slimmer but I'm at a healthy weight for my height and don't really NEED to lose weight, I just want to.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and about 126, medium build, and i've been able to get between 113 and 120, so at 5'5'', i think 130-135 would definitely be doable for you!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is anywhere between these two weights. I'm in the low 140's right now, and I've been here FOREVER. I know I can get to 135lb... but I was wondering if 125lb is shooting too far.

Anyway so my question for you ladies who weigh in this range - How tall are you? And how would you describe your build? For example, I'm 5'5ish and I'd say I'm medium built (not petite, but not necessarily bulky either).

Thanks in advance!

I am 5'5" and 125 pounds
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weight 136.5 lbs. I probably wear a size 5-7 depending on the brand. I want to be 125 lbs. by the time I turn 25 in November. I still have a little bit of a belly that hasn't quite gone away. Until that's gone...I don't think I've lost enough.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" And i'm shooting for 115. I'm Currently 132 ish And right now I'm so stuck at that weight so I guess I'm kinda bumping this
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    5'3, 144 lbs.
    Well, because of the size of my wrist (under 6 inches) it is SAID I am small stature, but I think I'm more in the medium range.
    My ultimate goal is 125lbs, or 120lb. I have big hips, so i'm unsure if that would even work for me...but I'm going to try : D.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I was ~130 at 5' 8" and wore a size 4. Def a good weight/range.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    5'4 I think medium/small build 124-126 right now most of my weight is in my lower portion

I think it's a reasonable goal if you're hung up on the numbers game. Would hate to see you lose muscle though ...
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i originally set my goal at 120, but just switched over to maintain at around 124/125. i don't feel like 120 would be realistically maintainable, and i'm perfectly happy where i am now. so i say the goal should be when you feel happiest, and not what the number on the scale says. Oh, and i hovered in the low 130s for what seemed like an ETERNITY before going into the 120s, too.

I'm 5'3" and pretty medium build.
    good luck!
    <3
  • noellabella
    noellabella Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I started at 140 and am now down to 122, I'm 5'2" though, my goal weight is 120 maybe 115.
    I'd say go for it! 125 sounds about fine for your build, but you can see how you feel as you go along.

Best of luck, you should be able to do it in no time :)
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 & was 140 when I started. I'm 122 now. I set my goal weight at 110 but I think i'm okay here. Just need toning ^_^
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7", small framed, and I presently weigh 127. My goal is 124. Yes it is very possible.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I started MFP weighing 140.6 lbs. I'm not a petitie person, but I'm not bulky either. My goal is 125. I'm currently 134, and my next weigh in is in a few days! :noway: 8/9/11, I'm hoping I lost something! my plateu is usually at 134, I was at this same weight last summer, and It's getting harder, but I know I can do this, so I'm switching up exercises! good luck to ya! yes it's possible! You can do it!:bigsmile:
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey Alexz,

I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 141, trying to get to 130. Been there before and for me that is looking on the very slim side. But I also want to loose a little more than needed and then quit smoking (which always puts on a bit of weight for me).
  • kmeismer
    Options
    I feel ya! I am about 5' 4" similar build...i am around 137ish..and am also having trouble getting the scale to budge. I think it depends on your body type...I am pretty muscular/athletic, so I know that there are some weights that are just never going to be possible/healthy for me (anything under 125, feels pretty much impossible.) My goal weight is 125, but I know that I can be healthy and comfortable at that weight (because that is where I was just about 2 years ago.) Consider that when you are setting goals, when was the last time you were that weight? And were you healthy when you were there? I would suggest shooting for small goals- 135, 130-- see how you are feeling, energy etc. If you feel great, look great that is all that matters...you don't want to make yourself miserable obsessing over numbers.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 39 years old, and my original goal was 135, but I blew that out of the water. :laugh: I'm happy with 130-ish. And I'm able to wear the same size clothes I did when I was in my 20s and 120-ish. Don't get hung up on the number on the scale... you don't know exactly how you'll look at any given weight until you get there.