Options
    Just made tuna burgers for supper! When I make a sandwich I use:

1 can tuna
    1 T fat-free miracle whip
    a little sweet relish
    a small chopped dill pickle
    chopped onion
    salt & pepper
    and shredded cheese if I can spare the calories!

sometimes I put it on 2 slices of bread (open-faced) and shred cheese on top, then broil them in the oven, or I add lettuce and eat it as a salad :)
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    170g (6oz) can of tuna
    a squeeze of lemon juice
    splash of olive oil
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    1 tbsp minced red/green onion
    1 tbsp minced celery
    1 tbsp parsley
    s&p
    whole wheat bread
    lettuce leaves
  • Paradis
    Paradis Posts: 54
    Options
    That sounds really good.Thanks for sharing it.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Mine is very basic, but I love it. I use one(small) can of albacore, 1.5 tbsp of miracle whip, and two teaspoons of sweet relish on toasted whole wheat bread. I add a slice of RF cheddar cheese and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It is soooo good.
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    Options
    this all sounds yumo! so i decided id try making my own and loved it thanks guys<3

mine was;

1 low cal multigrain tortila(100cal)
    1 can tuna(tomato and basil about 215cal)
    1 cup sliced lettuce(10cal)
    and just a small dash of sweet chili sauce on top to spice it up and help kick up the metabolism(well i hope XD)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

My favorite is:
    1can of Tuna
    2 TBSP of 1/3 less fat Philly Cream Cheese Garden Veggie
    a dallop of mustard

Mix and enjoy! I usually make sandwiches, but I have also eaten this with crackers too!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I love tuna!!! There are some wonderful ideas listed that I can't wait to try. I will have tuna for breakfast this morning. This is what I do: a can of tuna (water packed), hard boiled egg whites, a few sliced olives, chopped fresh onion, a tablespoon of Onion Soup Mix with just enough lite mayo to mix it all together. Then I eat it on Romaine Lettuce leaves rolled up.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I mix tuna, light miracle whip (or mayo), a tiny bit of creole mustard (optional--brown mustard substitutes for non-Louisiana folks), sweet relish, chopped pickled jalapeno, chopped red apple (fuji preferred), chopped red onion, and lots of fresh cracked black pepper. Eat on Orowheat bread rounds with sliced cucumber and fresh spinach. The hot from the peppers and the sweet/crunchy from the apples is where it's at. This mix is great on crackers too.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Haha I guess I'm weird, I do half the amount of mayo I think i'll need and then like someone else said "over mix" it....then i add a splash or two of balsamic vinegar to give it a little bit of tang.

or tuna melts, there are a MILLION variations of those without even messing with the tuna!
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love the ideas. I usually just use tuna, miracle whip, and sweet relish. Will change up now.
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    I LOVE Tuna too! I cut up a tomataoe, red onion, pickled jalapenos, lettuces and combine it all with the tuna and a little bit of light mayo! If I am really hungry I make a wrap with that!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here...and I know what I'm making for lunch today!! :happy:

My favourite way is:

2 tbsp of Light Miracle Whip (actually I use PC Blue menu whipped dressing)
    1 can tuna
    1 chopped green onion
    1/4 cup chopped craisins
    1/4 cup shredded carrot
    couple shakes of black pepper
    shredded old cheddar (low fat of course!) add on top
    handful of baby spinach- line the wrap with it

Usually I use a whole wheat wrap but when I run out whole wheat bread will do!
  • katjohn83
    katjohn83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually use mayo but like the idea of sour cream.
    Got to have pickles (or relish), onion, celery and the secret ingredient my wife introduced to me several years ago, Chopped apple.
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    I'm like Terri98... I like a little sweet bite in my tuna and lots of crunch.

1 Can water-packed low-sodium tuna
    1 T low fat mayo or miracle whip
    1/4 finely diced apple
    1/4 stalk finely diced celery
    1 T sweet relish
    ...I eat it in pieces of lettuce- little tuna lettuce wraps! that whole recipe comes out to about 200 cals.
  • Ryanjk88
    Ryanjk88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love - Tuna with Hot Sauce

1 can (in water) Tuna
    Hot sauce
    Udis bread
    Lettuce, onion, tom.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I use 2 slices of Bimbo bread , honey or soft wheat, one can of bumblebee chunk light tuna, half an avocado, some pepper, and melt 2 slices of american cheese on the bread. soo yummy and so filling. Though it's not too friendly on calories. Sometimes I use Kraft Olive Oil Cracked Pepper mayo instead of avocado.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    tuna in water, chopped celery, chopped pickled jalapenos, chopped onion, olive oil cracked pepper mayo.
    Put it on an Arnold wholewheat sandwich thin w/ leaf lettuce and fresh red tomato.
    Perfect.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    For those who like tuna but also like a fishy smelling fish, I recommend mackerel. It comes in a can and is shredded like tuna and can be mixed with mayo and all those other ingredients. If you don't like that fishy smell, then this is not for you. But if you're like me, then you'll love it. Maybe even more than tuna!
  • stillwater1978
    stillwater1978 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These all sound delicious. Ive been inspired so we will definitely be having tuna this weekend!!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1 can of tuna
    about 2 T. dill pickle relish
    honey mustard
    (all to taste) then i put it between 2 slices of 35 calorie healthy life bread, toasted

if i need a little extra, i melt some mozz. cheese on the bread after it's toasted.

i also mix it with corn relish that my in-laws make, but i don't know if you can buy that at a store or not... it's my favorite!