What on earth did Tim Burton do to Alice in Wonderland?

Options
13»

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Awww I loved that movie!!!!!

For those who thought it was creepy or scary, read the real book.

It's not meant to be a family adventure like Disney portrayed it...that's why Burton's version was so fabulous!
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    Burton was only aiming to bring about his own vision of Wonderland. It wasn't based on the Disney version, but it was based on the books, exploring Alice after a few years later. I thought it was a good film, with that aspect, but then again, I still value the book more than any of the adaptations of it.

As a note: I'm a big Alice In Wonderland nut. I love the books immensely, even though they are wickedly disturbing.

But if you want to get a creepier version of Alice than Tim Burton's: Try the games "American McGee's Alice" and "Alice Returns". Nothing Disney about it but still excellent :).
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    I totally agree...actually I could only stand to watch about half of it. I had no idea what was going on half the time!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The disney version is classic

The Tim burton version is genius.

Simple.
    I agree
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Man on this MFP journey I only want to end up in Onederland.....no matter how dark my outlook may seem :smile: or this :ohwell: or this :indifferent:
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love Sweeney Todd. Beetlejuice and Edward scissorhands. Tim burton is a genius. I LOVE Nightmare before christmas. He takes the storie and takes the sweetness out and just makes it more realistic. Also, interesting fact, he is actually with Helena Bohnam-Carter and has a child/children with her.