5ft 8 girls/women

Options

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh 137, trying to get down to 125-130 - per my doctor's suggestion. I know people have different body shapes and preferences on how they look but what is your waist circumference when you're at a higher weight? I know BMI isn't always the best calculation (especially for muscular men) but its pretty standard that your waist circumference should be under 35 inches for women. At the different weights mentioned are you still under 35 inches?

Gotta be careful, my waist was EXACTLY 35 inches at 200lbs. I carry all my weight in my thighs (each of whom are around 35 inches). It is not inherently a better calculation than BMI. I am 194lbs now waist is 34.5
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8' and my goal inititally was 155lbs, but now that Im there....Ive changed it to 150. And if I get lower than that..even better.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 (that.5 matters a lot to me!! :happy: ) I set a goal of 145 because who doesn't need some type of goal when you first start right?! :wink: I'm hovering between 152-155 right now. And have decided that, yep...there's still some work that needs to be done. Focused more on strength training so if that scale doesn't go down but things tighten up- I'm good with that. Just still need some changes! :laugh:
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" and my goal weight is between 140-145.
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ultimately i'd like to be at 160 but i'd be happy at 170.
  • diskko
    diskko Posts: 4
    Options
    Diskko - You keep this up you aren't going to be around very long. Don't you care about your family and friends? I mean what do you think you are doing to them? I hate seeing people giving up, that seems to be what you are doing. Please get help and take their advice.
    I actually bear no emotional attachment to my family. I understand how much I have hurt them, but it's gotten to the point where they don't care any more because I'm seen as a lost cause. It won't be a big surprise when my heart finally gives out.
    Diskko - will you stop when you reach your goal weight?
    Yes. I always get to my goal weight and stop. I know my limits.
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is around 155 -160....i have a medium build but ive played soccer since i was 7 so my legs are very muscular..if i got a smaller i would start to look kinda sick..

This is me. Except i got down to 150lbs a few years ago and looked fabulous. So 150 is my goal. And i am still playing soccer so my legs will stay muscular.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Diskko - You keep this up you aren't going to be around very long. Don't you care about your family and friends? I mean what do you think you are doing to them? I hate seeing people giving up, that seems to be what you are doing. Please get help and take their advice.
    I actually bear no emotional attachment to my family. I understand how much I have hurt them, but it's gotten to the point where they don't care any more because I'm seen as a lost cause. It won't be a big surprise when my heart finally gives out.

Please tell me you ar ein therapy.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8. My 1st goal is 164, which is the max weight for my height for the Air Force and from there I would like to drop to 150-155lbs.
  • kelseywray
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 164. That would put me in a size 7 and that's when I look best. Anything smaller and I look too thin.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would like to weight between 145-150, but I may stop at 150-155 if I think that looks and feels good. I have a big bone structure and muscular build. I am currently at about 158 and feel really good but would like to lose just a bit more.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 , solid body frame and aiming for 170
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'7 and 5'8...currently I'm 144 would like to be 135 +/- 3lbs. Actually anything in the 130's I would be happy with!!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 164. That would put me in a size 7 and that's when I look best. Anything smaller and I look too thin.

WOW are you built differently than me. I am 5'9" and when I was 140 I was a size 11. I never get lower than that because of my hips!
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am 5 ft 7.2" (yes that .2 does matter) my goal is and was 133lb or 9stone 7lb. i am cyrrently around the 126lb mark and happily maintaining between 125-127lb pretty naturally without really trying
  • zacpants
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently 170lbs ideal is around 150lbs
  • ChezBubbles
    ChezBubbles Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Diskko - you must find that people do not understand your motivations and I must admit neither do I but I am pleased to hear that you have a point at which you stop and know your limits rather than spiralling out of control.
  • michaelynj
    Options
    Between 160 and 170, anything under that is too skinny in my opinion
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have 160 as a goal. I have a large frame.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" have a medium frame and my goal is 155 which is a size 6 for me. Right now however I'm at 172 and after baby #5 I'd be thrilled with 165.