Alright ladies spill it....

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    OMG I wish I had a full proof trick or tips! I get SO tired, all I want to do is sleep and the carb cravings!!! Arghhh! I do find that a shopping trip helps! If I'm out looking at all the cute clothes and new fashions it reminds me that I LOVE clothes!!! And I want to be able to wear all the latest styles and not shop in the grandma section lol!

I'll try to do something new and interesting with my work outs too. If I'm tired and pms-ing and don't feel like going to the gym or pulling out an exercise DVD I'll try and pick up a new exercise DVD to keep me motivated or I'll try a different gym. Sometimes they have a free trial pass or a walk in fee.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I run more the week before, and avoid all dairy the week of and continue to work out. I noticed I don't get cramps when I'm active.

Yes, stay active. I just had TOM last week & I noticed that helped A LOT. I don't really bloat so not sure about that but I notice I always get kind of tired (lazy) :laugh: when I have it so I have to get up anyway and I think the staying active helps with my cramps. BTW, I never had cramps until after my kids- How crappy is that :laugh:
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    I usually gain 6-8lbs durning TOM and spend the rest of the month getting it back off. Just to reach a new low and have the same thing happen again. About 3 months ago, i decided to try and change that. Durning TOM, I still get in my exercise and I make sure to drink LOTS of water. I try to get nearly a gallon of water down a day. So, for the last 3 months I have made it through without any gaining.

I try to VERY conscious of what I am eating too. No special foods or tricks, I just make it a point to stay within my calorie goal. If that means sacrificing a little food for some chocolate....I do it. A girl has to have her chocolate that week :)

Crabbines....that is just there. Midol helps when I want to strangle someone. Maybe a beer or wine or something if you do that. Best of luck!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    I up my calories to maintenance... and continue to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Prozac.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Being physically active. Running burns out my aggression and irritability! :happy:

^ That. I try to avoid people that I know will aggravate the &^%$ out of me (not always avoidable, but I can handle myself in short spurts). I also crave chocolate like you wouldn't believe, so I resort to Nature Valley Granola Thins covered in dark chocolate and skinny cow ice cream. Last month I lost weight on TOM. I'm curious to see how next month is going to be!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Well, I don't have have any tricks because it's been happening for like 24 years and I know that in about 4 days it'll all be over.

I just keep doing what I always do.
  • try working out... it works. eases the cramps and the bloat.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    nookie. It gets rid of the cramps and the crabbiness.

What she said...works every time. The best cure for cramps is "O".
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    I run.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    This does not happen to me. However, I get severe PMS 2 weeks before that hits me way harder. I don't currently have any coping mechanisms. I don't find myself overly hungry or craving things, I just get seriously tired and headachey. But I'm interested in others that have a similar problem to me.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Someone said nookie - couldn't have said it better myself! And if you're unaccompanied, just... improvise. :laugh: The uterine contractions of orgasm (and the prostaglandins in semen) help to counteract the cramps associated with menstruation. It also helps your uterus expel the endometrium more quickly (the contractions, I mean).
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    What did you do before you joined this site?
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    I retain water like a sponge.... I avoid salt.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Being physically active. Running burns out my aggression and irritability! :happy:

^ That. I try to avoid people that I know will aggravate the &^%$ out of me (not always avoidable, but I can handle myself in short spurts). I also crave chocolate like you wouldn't believe, so I resort to Nature Valley Granola Thins covered in dark chocolate and skinny cow ice cream. Last month I lost weight on TOM. I'm curious to see how next month is going to be!

I LOVE those Nature Valley Granola Thins covered with dark chocolate......but I never want to stop at just one!!!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    i hide in my cube then go home and hide in my house and snuggle with my cat while watching sappy movies and missing the hubby.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever from my TOM. It comes every month on the dot and ends within 3-4 days. VERY EASY! :)
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Brb sending this thread to all my female friends. Lots of them are really irritable during/before their TOM, and I'm an always happy guy, so I have have to leave them alone until they feel better. T_T
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    I personally don't experience TOM directly, however, I deal with the indirect effects of it when living with my wife. What I do is I crush up a Midol and slip it into her food every month for a week. Then I tell her to go check out MFP forums since there is a TON of TOM questions on here. I suggest MFP open a TOM FAQ section.
  • i drink my face off and try to stay out of the MFP boards...