What are your struggles with weight loss?

Options
I was wondering what some of your struggles with weight loss are...a few of mine are...sometimes I feel like I need a partner to lose weight, I want instant gratification, I'm an emotional eater, I just feel tired at times, weakness when it comes to certain foods...and sometimes I just don't want to exercise...

what are your struggles with weight loss?

Replies

• RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I was wondering what some of your struggles with weight loss are...a few of mine are...sometimes I feel like I need a partner to lose weight, I want instant gratification, I'm an emotional eater, I just feel tired at times, weakness when it comes to certain foods...and sometimes I just don't want to exercise...

what are your struggles with weight loss?
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

Emotional Eater... Unconsious eater, instant gratification, if I'm not losing weight or not enough I tend to lose motivation, I'm sick alot and therefore, don't eat or exercise consitantly, I LOVE FOOD to me food is love... in my family everything revolves around food.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'd seemed to have gotten the emotional eating under control a couple years ago, but I was an unconscious eater. Finishing the kids plates, popping random cookies in my mouth while serving the kids, noshing while I cooked dinner-- and then always joining in on the "social" eating of a busy house. The Friday night pizzas, movie popcorn, brownies-- if kids were eating, Mom joined in--

I'd resolve to start fresh every Monday, and by the end of Monday breakfast I'd realize I'd already popped enough calories into my face out of habit than I should have had up until dinner.

So, conquering the mindless eating, and taking every morsel captive by logging it has been king--
  • bonnykate
    Options
    Definitely the emotional eating -- I tend to eat when I'm bored or lonely. . . I also tend to slack off on exercising when I get stressed. However, keeping lots of low calorie foods around the house help me avoid consuming too many calories if I do "binge," and making a set schedule for when I exercise helps make me go to the gym.

And, of course, it frustrates me to be the only girl at the party on a diet.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    NOT LOSING ANY!!!
  • itzcool4me
    Options
    I'm a small person (5'), but like to eat LARGE portions. Unfortunately, the smaller you are the fewer calories you're supposed to consume. :sad: I used to always eat way more than my ex and wonder why he was thin and I had a tummy. So, I just try to eat a lot of lower calorie things so I can still have a lot. Sometimes it's really hard!

Candy and sweets kills me too. I'm addicted to the sweet stuff. :blushing:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Having a desk job or studying. Which is what I've been doing mostly so far. There were times when I associated reading a book with eating (fruit, crackers...- but it all sums up ). I'd like to have this job which puts you always on the move - had some part-time job this summer which was like that for a couple of weeks. Lovely!

Being lazy. Just sitting there, surfing the web or chatting - glues me to the chair and though I wanna go to the aerobic class, I find reasons not to (the wind, the cold, the distance). And then there comes the guilt...

Late night snacks. I used to start with an apple. Which made me hungrier. As soon as I hit the carbs or as soon as I know I'm over limit, I don't care anymore and think that tomorrow will be another day.

The mood swings - once I lose optimism, I lose the will and the motivation. And once I break my own rules, I feel guilty and discouraged. Oh, how I hate mood swings.:ohwell:

OK, I bored you enough :embarassed: . This was a good exercise, though!. Once, for acknowledging where things go wrong and secondly, for realizing that in fact, giving all the above, I've been doing pretty well lately, hehe :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    not wanting to cook. kids are all grown and just me and hubby right now (checked the doors and they are still bolted so none of them can get in.....~)

The 1st week I ate normal, wrote everything down. Then I came on here and logged the food. WOW what an eyeopener. It really helped to have that visual when I was driving by Boston Market....which I aways thought of as the good choice, until I logged the food and had around 1200 cals from one meal and 30-40 grams of fat!!

I still struggle with wanting to cook, but not with passing up the fast food chains!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Being lazy. Just sitting there, surfing the web or chatting - glues me to the chair and though I wanna go to the aerobic class, I find reasons not to (the wind, the cold, the distance). And then there comes the guilt...

Ok Dew, so we will see ya AFTER the class....right???
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options

I'm meant in general :laugh: .Today they don't provide any, so I'll get on the stationary bike :wink: . Thanks for the kick :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I'm meant in general :laugh: .Today they don't provide any, so I'll get on the stationary bike :wink: . Thanks for the kick :happy:

no problem, always there to help. Problem is I wasnt goign to exercise today and now feel I must cuz I told you to!!:wink:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    wow!...I think I can add mindless eating to my list too....never thought about it quite like that...so you log everything?

For Marla.....
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    wow!...I think I can add mindless eating to my list too....never thought about it quite like that...so you log everything?

For Marla.....

EVERY MORSEL!! I ate 200 cals one day in bits and pieces!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    thanks for sharing...I eat more than I'm supposed to too...I thinking I need to start journaling...
  • Marla64
    Options
    thanks for sharing...I eat more than I'm supposed to too...I thinking I need to start journaling...

Oh my heavens, yes-- journaling is crucial.

God bless--
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    keep up the the good work dewpearl...i do feel guilty when i overstep my own rules too....but maybe i'm thinking at the time, I'm the rule maker, therefore the rules can be adjusted to my liking....:grumble: ...........then I suffer the consequences if the new rule doesn't include anything productive:sad: ......I think it's about getting up and starting over if I fall...

Thanks for your input girl:wink:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

Oh my heavens, yes-- journaling is crucial.

God bless--

thanks for the tips...I'll start today....:bigsmile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

For Marla.....

EVERY MORSEL!! I ate 200 cals one day in bits and pieces!

No telling how many I ate:sad: ...that's what I get for not journaling....O.K.! time for a change!...journaling starts today!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I'd seemed to have gotten the emotional eating under control a couple years ago, but I was an unconscious eater. Finishing the kids plates, popping random cookies in my mouth while serving the kids, noshing while I cooked dinner-- and then always joining in on the "social" eating of a busy house. The Friday night pizzas, movie popcorn, brownies-- if kids were eating, Mom joined in--

I'd resolve to start fresh every Monday, and by the end of Monday breakfast I'd realize I'd already popped enough calories into my face out of habit than I should have had up until dinner.

So, conquering the mindless eating, and taking every morsel captive by logging it has been king--

How did you get the emotional eating under control?
  • Marla64
    Options

For Marla.....

Whoops-- didn't see this-- yes, I'm with Jeannie-- every morsel. I measure everything and log everything-- right down to the cream in my coffee. I'd polish off 200-300 calories just absentmindedly finishing my kids sandwich crusts, or the last bites of their waffles.

This website has been KEY in getting that under control. If I eat anything, I march right to my computer and log it. My family gets a kick out of it. 'Oh, there mom goes to tell her fitness pals what she just ate." But, the accountability is so helpful.