My 236 Calorie (Very Filling) Italian-style Lunch

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_lpgtk9FaqK1qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

I dry-fried a package of tofu shirataki noodles (on "HIGH" in a non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray), lowered the heat to medium, then added a diced, leftover 3 oz boneless skinless chicken breast and 2 cups of crushed tomatoes-- along with an obscene amount of garlic and basil.

I let it all simmer for about 20 minutes and ended up with over a POUND of lip-smacking, delicious food that only had 236 calories!

I *love* tofu shirataki noodles and eat them at least once per day. If you rinse them well and dry-fry them, as I described, they taste fantastic.

-Chelle

Replies

• amberlineilene
    Options
    I can never find shirataki noodles :( I want.
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BUMP - I'd like to try this! Thanks for sharing!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This sorta looks like what I had for lunch...were your crushed tomatoes low sodium? I realized the ones I used definitely added crazy sodium..argh...
  • danika1066
    Options
    This is a great tip! I love love love shirataki noodles, too. I have been using several paper towels to dry them, and then I microwave them. But I will definitely try this "dry fry" technique! I don't understand people who say they are disgusting.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    OMG this looks amazing! I will have to try it.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow, that looks delish. Doubt I can get those noodles around here, though. Live in the boonies. They don't even know what 'sprouted grain' bread is. Sheesh! Will have to make my own soon. *rolls eyes*
  • rlynn1150
    rlynn1150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • danika1066
    Options
    I had the same problem. The only place that had them anywhere near me was Whole Foods, but they were out of them every time I went. So I ordered them online--for a better price, too. I highly recommend them. http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

They keep for a long time in the fridge, so I got a variety pack. :-)
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    sorry but what does Bump mean??I keep seeing it and feel left out.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    sorry but what does Bump mean??I keep seeing it and feel left out.

Bump is a way to keep track of a thread you want to follow. It makes it easier to find it at a later time without having to search the boards for the topic. :smile:
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think it moves the messages up or something in the forum??? I've seen it before on another group forum I am part of. But I'm probably wrong.

Ok, I was wrong! Now how do we keep track of it?
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. The only place that had them anywhere near me was Whole Foods, but they were out of them every time I went. So I ordered them online--for a better price, too. I highly recommend them. http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

They keep for a long time in the fridge, so I got a variety pack. :-)

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to try this recipe.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Don't know where I could get shritaki noodles from.. :/ think ramen noodles a good sub?
  • Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    i buy my noodles from amazon.com. i will def try this recipe!! sounds delish :)
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    will definitely be trying this! thanks!
  • sarah829522
    Options
    i buy my noodles from amazon.com. i will def try this recipe!! sounds delish :)

Do they come cold shipped? Or do they have to stay cold?
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I think it moves the messages up or something in the forum??? I've seen it before on another group forum I am part of. But I'm probably wrong.

Ok, I was wrong! Now how do we keep track of it?

Go to your profile page & in the bottom left corner it will show your recent posts; just click on the see all tab & they will come up. If you have commented or 'bumped' the post, it will be there for you to find it. Hope this helps!! :smile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I can never find shirataki noodles :( I want.

They ship to Canada and I believe internationally. http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132_137_409
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    sounds great!