When you go to the movies....

Options
When you go to the movies with your honey or even by yourself, what do you eat as you watch The Rise of the Planet of the Apes, or Bad Teacher, or whatever is on the Big screen ?

Do you hit the snack bar for that large popcorn with that stuff they claim is butter but really is more like crack.?

Do you eat a bag of Twizzlers, Lemon drops, or M&M's ?

Do you get the largest soda cuz that's the best value. Of course you could get the same soda at 7 -11 for .99c that they charge $5.95 for at the movies.

Do you tell your wife or girlfriend to bring the "big purse" and then stuff lots of snacks in it to avoid paying the high prices at the Movies for snacks?

Do you not eat at all and just watch the Movie?

Do you "make out" with your significant other and not care about the movie ?

More than 1 of these may apply to you !

Replies

• LButterfly201
    Options
    i went to the cinema yesterday with my boyfriend...and i bailed and had m&m's....

They were good though ;) and i only had a few :D
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I bring my big purse lol We bring soda in and i buy a small popcorn that we share, no extra buttery golden topping lol
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    We sneak in drinks (water for me, diet soda for the hubby.) Skinny cow chocolates, maybe some trail mix. We just look at what we have at home that is sneakable and throw in my suitcase like purse and go for it. I've thought about popping popcorn and putting it in a ziplock before we go but I haven't yet.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    one of the theaters we go to has a healthy snack pack.

a packet of no sugar added dried fruit.
    a kind bar - fruit and nuts
    a small bag of popcorn chips (ingredients popcorn, sunflower oil, salt)
    and a bottle of water.

it costs $7 and is a great option. last time we went to the movies i bought the box. he had the chips, i had the fruit and we split the bar.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I go without. Don't want the calories, and long before I watched calories, I was too cheap to spend the cash.
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    If I get a snack for myself I will get a mini popcorn (the kid size) with no extra butter ... I always get a diet coke or a water to drink. Usually I just grab a few handfuls of the kid's popcorn or sneak a bite of their pretzel, depending on what they get.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at the movies anymore, the concessions are horribly over priced and the calories just aren't worth it :)
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I get the large popcorn with all the butter and the large drink. But I don't go very often, so why not splurge once and a while??
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I bring my own munchies if I want any but will usually buy a soda. Might have to try that trick of using my big purse next time and bring some bottled waters instead. LOL!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    we just went. I had lemom aquafina, 1 handful of popcorn and an envelope of pop rocks. Truth be told the water would have been enough
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I usually don't buy anything at the movies because it's too overpriced. Once in a while I'll splurge and get a box of Dots, but I usually don't eat all of them. I NEVER buy soda...because who wants to have to pee halfway through a movie when you've paid $10 to see it??:noway:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I opt for the big purse. I put in veggie wraps and yogurt pretzels with a bottle of water.. Sorry if my crunching kept you from hearing the dialogue on the screen, but hey .. it was in dolby.. you should have heard every word :tongue:
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I take water and whatever snack I have handy and usually buy a plain hot dog with mustard at the theater. He gets Soda and Popcorn when we get there. I wish my theater had a healthy snack pack I would buy it!
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    I bring in my own drink (green tea) and for a snack (power bar)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I get a diet coke and share a med popcorn with no extra butter. I find the stuff they put on it taste great already. The last time i went i did get peanut m&ms and a pickle on a stick. I eat 1500 calories a day so i can fit it in.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    weve been hitting up the local movie taverns and ordering an appetizer of some kind along with a cocktail! making out is optional. depends on how strong the drinks are.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am a movie-oholic for sure. I take the big purse whenever I can and bring water, cheese, skinnycow bars or lara bars. When I went to AMC last time I got this....

•ChiquitaTM Fruit Chips
    •Odwalla® Trail Mix Bar,
    •POPCornersTM Popped Corn
    •20 oz. DASANI® water.*

It was great! I highly recommend it. :) I havent eaten movie popcorn or had soda in a year.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I'll carry a big enough purse so I don't have to buy water. We never get anything from concessions. I'm happy with my water and a piece of gum.
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I'm usually a bag of Twizzler, and my son opts for the chicken fingers and a coke.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I used to live for the movie theater popcorn! I didn't really even care what movie I was watching as long as popcorn was involved! It was one thing I didn't restrict at all when I began changing my eating habits and I never planned to.

DH and I went to see Captain America last weekend though and true to form I got a big bucket of popcorn to swim around in. After eating some though I noticed my stomach wasn't feeling too happy with me. I also realized I wasn't enjoying the taste of it like I usually do. This was the second time I'd noticed the tummy thing but the first time I didn't eat it like a crazed maniac. (Well, okay I did at first but then slowed down as I realized it wasn't agreeing with me.)

So apparently I am no longer addicted to the theater popcorn! I had a really good dark chocolate in my purse and I guess in the future I'll pack some nuts or something along with it to enjoy. Unless of course my husband decides he wants to make out. ;)