What do you do when your depressed?

Options
JeremiahStone
JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
What do you do when you feel depressed or just down?

Replies

• emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    work out!
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    run. hard. i feel like i can do anything after a good run.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I still turn to food :grumble: ..... but, ideally, hitting the gym or a nice run always makes me feel better.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I see a doctor!
  • Mards808
    Options
    we're feeling the same today..i just hope it will not for long...i have a cup of coffee and half of traders koe naan bread and will work out after 1 hour..the endorphins during and after work out is good for us.:smile:
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    A nice scenic run. No treadmill, that just bores me and makes my mood worse. But I pick a course/route that I really love and I run until I can't run anymore :)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now. Do your workouts and do not over eat. You are extremely vulnerable to developing old and new bad habits at times like these. Hang in there, this will pass.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Sometimes I fiind that it means I'm not getting enough sleep or down time so I try and slow down and let my body catch up with my mind or visa versa.

Othertimes, I realize I'm not dealing with something and it is starting to get to me subconsciously. That's when I call a good friend and talk it out or maybe grab my journal and just start writing about whatever comes up. I usually get to the root of it pretty quickly.

I have learned that my feelings are just that...feelings. I can be aware of them and even be uncomfortable with them. I just don't need to be afraid of them as they are just that and all things will pass.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Drive and sing along to the most angry metal music I can find..
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    we're feeling the same today..i just hope it will not for long...i have a cup of coffee and half of traders koe naan bread and will work out after 1 hour..the endorphins during and after work out is good for us.:smile:
    A cup of coffee sounds good..
  • vibrant80
    vibrant80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I stop being sad and start being awesome instead.

:tongue:
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I normally have a cup of tea and maybe 1 cookie. and then I go for a run or do some sort of exercise until I feel better.
  • carriecarrot
    carriecarrot Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If I am very depressed and having a hard time coming under my calorie goal (only an issue when i get depressed, thankfully)... I change to maintenance calories until I am out of the funk. I don't necessarily eat all of the maintenance calories either, but have it set to that in case I go over my diet calories... seeing a negative red number is bad when depressed. I also go on walks and think things through.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Draw...it's relaxing and keeps me concentrating on what I'm doing. If the depression lasts for more than a couple of days, I really try to think about what's got me down and address the situation. Then there are times I'm bummed and don't know why, but I snap out of it quickly.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Eat. But I'm trying to control it.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i work out, skateboard or just have some tea and read to take the edge off
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    like I am right now. My boss made me change offices and now im sharing an office with someone I don't feel comfortable with. I just want to scream and cry. I feel so stressed. I can't wait to go to the gym and work this ugly feeling off.
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    I stop being sad and start being awesome instead.

:tongue:

ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING productive. Cleaning, a hard workout, repainting a room, tacking something I've been procrastinating, etc.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I crank up some tunes and I get moving. If I look like a crazy lady, I don't care. It's better than being in a funk :)

Feel better!!!