eat clean/Daniel Fast

13»

Replies

• lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Gah! I never knew that people used the name for a sold weight lost program. You don't have to buy whatever program it is to do it. It is simply mentioned in the bible but I guess people see it as an opportunity to sell something. All it is is vegetables and cutting out meat for a couple of days. They aren't special Jesus vegetables or anything and it does make sense that it would be healthy for people.
    Also, when someone mentioned the cutting out sugar part, it kind of reminded me of the Biggest Loser Aus where Bob had his team cut out fruit for the first 2 weeks or something so that it would help the contestants rid themselves of all of the sugar cravings they have since they ate so much of it.
    Anyway, sorry about all of that but I kind of hate seeing religious debates and grouping everyone together. There are horrible Christians and horrible Atheists (people just suck in general) and well honestly, Every diet put out there is there to make money off of people. Can it help some people? Yes, but then again people can do it without buying a product. Different strokes for different folks I guess. c:

The website that I saw actually provided most of the info for free, though obviously a book is sold. I guess, when it comes down to it, someone is treating it like a ministry, with the idea that most of the diets out there are followed with a near cultic devotion, so why not compete? I don't know.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    A daniel fast is eating ONLY plant based foods and ONLY drinking water.. It can be done without the religious aspect of prayer. It essentially just eliminates all meats and "processed junk". Basically just a clean diet meatfree

Someone is making money off of doing this?

I am in the wrong business. Oh right, it's a religion thing. Man, slap some Jesus on it and people will buy it up.

I wonder if the Atheist Fast would sell as fast. No?
    More apt to slap Moses on it, as Daniel was following mosaic law at the time. Christ's fast was rather different.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    The Daniel fast is, for most people a temporary eating plan (that involves no money spent except on groceries - maybe a little money spent on a book if you need it or want it). The purpose is for spiritual reasons with the added benefit of weight loss. Some people choose this eating plan as a lifestyle which is of course a choice. This may or may not be done for spiritual reasons, again a choice. Only you can decide what is right for you... the choice is yours
  • The Daniel Fast is supposed to be for spiritual reasons and not used as a diet. Yes, you will loose weight but that should not be the focus. You are supposed to give up more than food. Things like the internet, television, etc. and spend the time you would spend on those things in prayer and consecration. This is to take you to another level with God.

If your focus is to loose weight, simply stick to MFP.
This discussion has been closed.