I can't eat enough calories!

Options
SparkleShine
SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
Sorry if I offend anyone but I keep seeing this over and over. Obviously any one of us could eat many more calories than you should, otherwise we wouldn't be here!

Replies

• lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    But I am just SO full after that huge lean cuisine I had for dinner! How can anyone eat 1,200 calories a day!? ;)
  • moderntimes
    Options
    I'm equally baffled by this.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    But I am just SO full after that huge lean cuisine I had for dinner! How can anyone eat 1,200 calories a day!? ;)

bwaha!:laugh:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more... how did you put on weight if you're at a constant deficit... you either have some genetics problem (unexplained) or you're lying to yourself.
  • sschiano
    sschiano Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i think people start running into this problem because when they enter their journey towards weight loss they cut out so many high calories foods and realize that some low cal foods are very filling. what i mean is you can eat 4 cups of boiled broccoli (100) or a single serving of mac&cheese (250) which do you think will feel like your stomach is going to burst? the broccoli and you still had less calories.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If you can't tell... that one hit a nerve with me!!!

Arggg!!!

Excuses get you nowhere... and while I'm at it... I have 5 freaking kids... my kids didn't shovel donuts into my mouth or affect my "metabolism." Shame on you for blaming your kids, or hypothyroidism, or PCOS, or knee surgery, or job, or college, or husband... I have ALL of those 'excuses'... and I also have results. What now?!?

Sick of the whiney excuses!!!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    OMG!

I feel exactly the same way!!

Its like oh my I am really struggling to eat 1200 - like really, seriously?? If this was your case in life you wouldn't be here.

And yh you are eating better food so maybe its more filling but to claim to burn 1000 calories (As many do) and be too full to eat 1200 seems like a downright lie to me!
  • lcarter25
    Options

This!!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more... how did you put on weight if you're at a constant deficit... you either have some genetics problem (unexplained) or you're lying to yourself.
    Honestly....for me I was the opposite...I worked all the time and did not eat , my metabolism slowed down and I gained so much weight.....Just because someone is overweight does not mean that they ate and ate.....you can usually spot this when someone is having a hard time getting their 1200 calories in a day because if you eat healthier food it is a lot of food compared to a Mcd's Big Mac or something like that.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Too true - a trip to KFC will take care of the calories - but I can't stand the smell of KFC anymore.....

My problem is that in a normal week all "high calorie" foods are banned in my house.....so I have to plan my big exercise days and make sure I have my stash ready.....

Like tonight where there will be cheese, olives, guacamole and some chocolate in my dinner & after dinner - yah me for planning!!
  • lcarter25
    Options
    Honestly....for me I was the opposite...I worked all the time and did not eat , my metabolism slowed down and I gained so much weight.....Just because someone is overweight does not mean that they ate and ate.....you can usually spot this when someone is having a hard time getting their 1200 calories in a day because if you eat healthier food it is a lot of food compared to a Mcd's Big Mac or something like that.

im sorry but im pretty sure the large majority on here did not get here by over exercising

yes healthy food is lower cal and more filling but half the peoples diaries who i look in is still filled with strange crap and hardly any fruit or veg or things that are good for you like nuts and good fish oils

obviously theres times when its ok for us all and im not talking about the people who have eaten 1100 or even 1000 its the ones who have eaten less and im like really you burned 1000 calories and ate 600 and are feeling stuffed...right
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to play devil's advocate to everyone here, but some people choose to lose weight improperly and do run into this issues. If they starve their body they won't feel that hunger. I think it is important to encourage this people to eat healthy and excerise properly. Maybe they aren't smart enough or been here long enough to understand how this site works yet or how the calorie intake works. If someone is posting regarding something like this if people dont have anything nice to say they shouldn't.

Some people may ask stupid questions, but not because the question is stupid but because they are honestly struggling to understand why something is happening.
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Some days I eat as much as 2300+ calories of "healthy food" so I realllllly don't get the argument that if you eat healthy you can't get in the cals.... makes no sense to me.
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think this is easy to do when you're not exercising or, more likely, not trying to live with some moderation. Sure, they might be under for a day or two, but over the weekend they might go over by a couple thousand because they don't balance well; it's just one way or the other.
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    If they really want to understand... maybe they should research instead of posting on a forum for every 'expert' to add their two cents in... I have read, researched, and SOUGHT OUT my own reliable information to make decisions regarding my health.

I love having friends on here that have also taken control of their own health instead of expecting others to do it for them. It frustrates me.

I don't feel sorry for anyone here and I'm surely not going to coddle them. I'm all for encouragement but personal responsibility has to come first and foremost.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

im sorry but im pretty sure the large majority on here did not get here by over exercising

it is easier to go out and eat fast food and get over 1200...but no I dont burn 1000 everyday....if some are eating that and burning 1000k a day yes they will lose but they wont keep it off...myself, im trying to change how I eat for my lifestyle and i try not to eat out if I can help it.

yes healthy food is lower cal and more filling but half the peoples diaries who i look in is still filled with strange crap and hardly any fruit or veg or things that are good for you like nuts and good fish oils

obviously theres times when its ok for us all and im not talking about the people who have eaten 1100 or even 1000 its the ones who have eaten less and im like really you burned 1000 calories and ate 6000 and are feeling stuffed...right
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i couldnt stick to 1200 cals, even while eating healthily. I dont know how anyone can and not be climbing the walls with hunger, but i get hungry really easily and need to eat frequently. My bf on the other hand, can easily go to 7pm before eating anything, and doesnt seem to feel hunger in the same way i do
  • Selly7749
    Options
    I don't mean to play devil's advocate to everyone here, but some people choose to lose weight improperly and do run into this issues. If they starve their body they won't feel that hunger. I think it is important to encourage this people to eat healthy and excerise properly. Maybe they aren't smart enough or been here long enough to understand how this site works yet or how the calorie intake works. If someone is posting regarding something like this if people dont have anything nice to say they shouldn't.

Some people may ask stupid questions, but not because the question is stupid but because they are honestly struggling to understand why something is happening.

I agree with this exactly. I understand that this is a topic that arouses a lot of passion, but if you're aggressive to someone who is struggling, or having a tough time inside their head, you run the risk of making it worse. Everybody has had that day when they've freaked out, and felt a bit desperate, and we must try to support people like that before we get angry with them.
  • lcarter25
    Options

no one is being agressive as the op did not comment in someone's thread about this she created a separate one.

To be fair imagine if you are struggling to eat just 1200 and are always hungry then duo come on the forum and see all these people who make it look so easy. That can be just as disheartening.

Noone is saying they shouldn't write it as its a forum its just very strange
    I agree with this exactly. I understand that this is a topic that arouses a lot of passion, but if you're aggressive to someone who is struggling, or having a tough time inside their head, you run the risk of making it worse. Everybody has had that day when they've freaked out, and felt a bit desperate, and we must try to support people like that before we get angry with them.
  • edouglas3
    Options
    you guys know that there is a thing under the goals that you can select that you want to GAIN weight, right? not EVERYONE on this site is trying to lose weight, just most of us. I actually have one guy friend who is way too skinny, so he is underweight. he is supposed to gain a pound each weeks, and has a tough time with it because his stomach is just to used to not eating much. as glorious as it sounds to the rest of us, some people actually have a problem with keeping weight on.