I can't eat enough calories!

Options

Replies

• lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    you guys know that there is a thing under the goals that you can select that you want to GAIN weight, right? not EVERYONE on this site is trying to lose weight, just most of us. I actually have one guy friend who is way too skinny, so he is underweight. he is supposed to gain a pound each weeks, and has a tough time with it because his stomach is just to used to not eating much. as glorious as it sounds to the rest of us, some people actually have a problem with keeping weight on.

i don't think the op was talking about people trying to gain weight... she said most of us wouldn't be here if eating 1200 was too much - the most of us she is refering to is people who are over weight as thats who is mostly on the site
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If they really want to understand... maybe they should research instead of posting on a forum for every 'expert' to add their two cents in... I have read, researched, and SOUGHT OUT my own reliable information to make decisions regarding my health.

I love having friends on here that have also taken control of their own health instead of expecting others to do it for them. It frustrates me.

I don't feel sorry for anyone here and I'm surely not going to coddle them. I'm all for encouragement but personal responsibility has to come first and foremost.

You started someone where.. You had stupid questions...

I am sorry if you have lost so much weight you can't remember when you first started your journey
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    you guys know that there is a thing under the goals that you can select that you want to GAIN weight, right? not EVERYONE on this site is trying to lose weight, just most of us. I actually have one guy friend who is way too skinny, so he is underweight. he is supposed to gain a pound each weeks, and has a tough time with it because his stomach is just to used to not eating much. as glorious as it sounds to the rest of us, some people actually have a problem with keeping weight on.
    IM FAT!!!! and i find it hard to eat 1200 calories a day!!! everyone can F&%$& themselves if they disagree..lol....I love when people of many ages and gender's get on 1 place
  • lcarter25
    Options
    If they really want to understand... maybe they should research instead of posting on a forum for every 'expert' to add their two cents in... I have read, researched, and SOUGHT OUT my own reliable information to make decisions regarding my health.

I love having friends on here that have also taken control of their own health instead of expecting others to do it for them. It frustrates me.

I don't feel sorry for anyone here and I'm surely not going to coddle them. I'm all for encouragement but personal responsibility has to come first and foremost.

i hear you that some people are new and really dont get it but to me i just think some people do it too show off (i used to do ww and it was exactly the same) and make others who are struggling feel bad

one girl posted i need to eat more help, i looked in her diary no fruit, no veg, so i said i have looked at your diary over the past 5 days and theres no fruit or veg she was like yes i know....errm ok well maybe try having some
    You started someone where.. You had stupid questions...

I am sorry if you have lost so much weight you can't remember when you first started your journey
  • lcarter25
    Options
    IM FAT!!!! and i find it hard to eat 1200 calories a day!!! everyone can F&%$& themselves if they disagree..lol....I love when people of many ages and gender's get on 1 place

Ha ha!!

u wont be for long on this site!!
  • mistyb47711
    Options

Ha ha!!

u wont be for long on this site!!

yes....-14lbs and going Im learning alot :)
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I have this problem. Yes I did over eat and ate the wrong things before...which is why I'm here. But now I'm just not hungry anymore. Before I ate because I had a lot of really emotional things going on in my life and used food as comfort. Now that I'm getting over crap, I don't. I eat mostly healthy foods and find that I get full quicker. So yeah it is possible to have this issue. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you, but don't judge people based on problems you don't have.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I have this problem. Yes I did over eat and ate the wrong things before...which is why I'm here. But now I'm just not hungry anymore. Before I ate because I had a lot of really emotional things going on in my life and used food as comfort. Now that I'm getting over crap, I don't. I eat mostly healthy foods and find that I get full quicker. So yeah it is possible to have this issue. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you, but don't judge people based on problems you don't have.

Awesome response!! You totally need to be MY friend!
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    and YOU thought I was making a mockery out of you... uughh... some people just dont get it. frankly i dont care if you dont understand or if i hit your nerves... im sorry i havent spent a whole bunch of time researching things instead of trying to get quick answers.... i do believe i have a three year old to tend to and a 3 month old... i cant just sit for hours a day on my computer... & never did I ONCE blame my children! not by any means. I may be new to this, and i may not understand everything yet... but i am NOT stupid enough NOR selfish enoug to blame my children for what I did to myself... I am simply trying to come up with MY plan to help ME out. if you dont wanna help me. DONT but leave your sarcasm at the door. im a genuine person. i am not two faced. i am not a joke. i would NEVER bash you. any of you. even after what you've said to and about me. I never even looked at the calorie content on ANYTHING i ate up until about a month ago... im working on getting myself up to 1200+ calories. genuinely trying.. and i dont care if you dont understand...
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Stick at it rayray, unfortunatly this happens in life. People don't understand so they critise. We ain't all jerks on here so don't be put off by a couple people whos not been through your situation!

All the best - Feel free to add me for some support/motivation if you want!
  • lcarter25
    Options
    Stick at it rayray, unfortunatly this happens in life. People don't understand so they critise. We ain't all jerks on here so don't be put off by a couple people whos not been through your situation!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion and peoples opinions are different someone is not a jerk because they dont agree with you, why would you even say this
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options

everyone is entitled to their own opinion and peoples opinions are different someone is not a jerk because they dont agree with you, why would you even say this

Oh i completely understand people ain't jerks because they don't have the same opinions, people are jerks because a person come on here asking for help and shes just got slated for no reason at all. If that was you when you first started i bet that would put you on a downer.

Yeah she asked a question for advice from people who have been through it and all she got was told shes a liar because she must of ate more than 1200 before..

So that makes them jerks in my eyes, if they don't have nothing nice to say...maybe they should browse instead of replying to these threads and just moan to themself instead of making someone else feel rubbish.

Just my opinion though i aint here for arguments. Just feel bad on the woman
  • mistyb47711
    Options

because for someone to say they think someone is a liar, because they eat more then they think...some judge and say they lie, but honestly they dont.
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This thread looks like it may explode lol, I'm getting the popcorn, anyone want some? :drinker:
  • lcarter25
    Options

because for someone to say they think someone is a liar, because they eat more then they think...some judge and say they lie, but honestly they dont.

noone said anyone is a liar they said they dont get how people can struggle to eat 1200. For you who do struggle if i posted starving all the time eating 1200 help you wouldnt get it cos your hungry.

I just think people should resort to rudeness theres no need for it
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    let me go back..............
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Couldn't agree more... how did you put on weight if you're at a constant deficit... you either have some genetics problem (unexplained) or you're lying to yourself.

there you go.....
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    and me eating under 1200...I am not hungry...hince why I dont eat more.
  • RayRay042408
    Options

noone said anyone is a liar they said they dont get how people can struggle to eat 1200. For you who do struggle if i posted starving all the time eating 1200 help you wouldnt get it cos your hungry.

I just think people should resort to rudeness theres no need for it

But see, don't you see what YOU just said??? "they said they don't get how people can struggle to eat 1200" THEY don't have to get it... I DO! YOU arent losing the weight for me!! you're not trying to figure out my bodies solution to the neglect I caused it (NOT my kids) ... I document EVERY SINGLE LITTLE CRUMB i shove into my fat mouth... and it DOESNT equal 1200 calories... as i was just trying to explain to someeone else... i started out with my goal being 1700... i went over this COUNTLESS days because i had never even looked at a food label... i didnt even know that a serving size wasnt the whole container until about a month ago!! so i gradually started removing things from my diet... reducing others... adding things... and i did some research and found out that it MAY be in my best interest to try 1200 cals for a little while and see what happens... AGAIN i went over day after day... so again, i deleted, modified, added... and now im trying to fill in the gaps... i was simply looking for advice... not sympathy and definitely not looking to be called a liar or fat... remember... we all know why we're here... a majority of us anyway... because we are fat & those of you who used to be are aparently full of yourselfs!!! if i was in your shoes... i wouldnt make fun of you. call you a liar or belittle you because you didnt understand something...

edited to emphasize the MONTH that i've been trying to figure things out...and to also add that I am currently in the process of being tested for an underactive thyroid and consulting with my doctor on a diet plan.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    This thread looks like it may explode lol, I'm getting the popcorn, anyone want some? :drinker:
    i would like some!! Air popped please...lol