August 1st- TurboFire Only!

Options
This is a group for people who have started TurboFire on August 1st only.....

We can keep each other motivated with this, and push each to keep up with the program.

I started on Monday, anyone else?

Replies

• Luvlicious
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire!!!!!! HIITs are addicting!
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I started the schedule again on Monday. I love it!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well... I started the advanced DVDs on August first... lol

It's a great workout :) very addicting!

And the 5 day inferno WORKS! I have yet to do it, but I had a few friends do it and they lost about 5lbs a piece and lots of inches! But it is really hard to stick to.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just finished up day 7 with Stretch 40 and Core 20.
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I actually started the program on the 1st, and I'm happy to say that I completed the first week yesterday! At the beginning of the week, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to keep up, but I can't believe how much easier Fire 30 is for me now. Okay, I still wouldn't call it easy, but I don't dread it anymore. I'm still amazed that I finished 55EZ!

I am really enjoying the workouts so far, and I can really tell a difference in my metabolism already. I only lost 1/2 lb. last week, but considering how slowly I've been losing previously and how bad I was with my diet last week, I would definitely say Turbo Fire is working. Now, if I can just get my eating back on track and survive the new classes for the week (Fire 45 and HIIT 20) I think I'll really make some progress!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I started the program on August 1, but went straight to week 2. The first time I did Fire 45 my movements were completely out of synch from start to finish. I was always 3-5 seconds behind and that infuriated me. I actually didn't even finish the workout (oops), I quit when there was 5 minutes left on the ticker. I'm not a newbie when it comes to kickboxing because I've done Turbo Jam. I never imagined TF to be any different, just faster pacing and more plyometric training.

But after a few days the movements became easier and I noticed that I was pushing myself harder and putting a lot more intensity into my jumps, kicks, and punches than when I first started. Now I can't get enough of Turbo Fire. I honestly look forward to doing the workouts everyday. My favorites are Fire 45 and HIIT 15. Stretch 40 is mind numbingly boring, I almost fell asleep while doing it.

I also decided to take weekly pictures to keep track of my progress, because the number on the scale is not always a true indication of how well one is doing. It can't differentiate between water weight, muscle and fat. I've especially noticed a shift in my weight within a few days of starting the program. According to my scale, I put on 3 lbs (115 to 118). Whether it is water weight or real weight I'm not sure.

You can check my week 1 picture in the link posted below:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/309977-turbo-fire-is-it-normal-to-gain-weight-after-starting

Here are my calorie burn for week 1 (although I didn't follow the schedule as written)
    Mon, Aug 01 2011
    Fire 45 44 577
    Stretch 10 13 52
    Total Calories Burned 629

Tue, Aug 02 2011
    HIIT 30 30 344
    Stretch 10 10 48
    Total Calories Burned 392

Wed, Aug 03 2011
    Fire 55 EZ 53 590
    Total Calories Burned 590

Fri, Aug 05 2011
    Fire 45 EZ 43 545
    Stretch 10 13 41
    Total Calories Burned 586

Sat, Aug 06 2011
    Core 20 20 93
    Stretch 40 40 134
    Total Calories Burned 227

Sun, Aug 07 2011
    HIIT 15 15 133
    Sculpt 30 28 226
    Total Calories Burned 359
  • Andi_1977
    Options
    cottonay, your 1 week results are amazing, and I seriously doubt the 3 pounds was a true gain! I agree with you on Stretch 40, plus some of those plank into tricep pushups/high splits/etc. combos are hard for me to do!

I just finished Fire 45 for the first time, and I LOVED IT! I did the new to class option, and along with Stretch 10, I torched 722 calories--my highest burn yet!!! I loved the Tina Turner Fire Drill, and "Boom I Got Your Boyfriend" will probably be stuck in my head all day tomorrow. I can't believe how much fun this is!

Now i just have to psych myself up for HIIT 20 tomorrow...I think it just seems a little intimidating because I haven't done it before and I don't know what to expect compared to HIIT 15.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    I'm about to do Fire 45 but I have a splitting head ache- have had it ALL day :(
  • MoonIite
    Options
    I'm taking my rest day today, instead of Wednesday. :laugh: I LOVE Fire 45 & EZ. The HIIT workouts are my second favorite. You get amazing calorie burn in such a short amount of time. I prefer it over the long moderate workouts, which is something I thought would never say. I was scared when I saw the schedule for week 2 (skipped week 1) because of the HIITs. I've never done one before and didn't know what to expect. I definitely got my butt kicked.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Hey guys! Today I will be doing HIIT 25 & Stretch 10. So excited! Does anyone else like the Core and Sculpting classes? The soreness kicked in the next day. I felt it in my arms, legs and abs.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    I could totally feel the core class in my abs the day after I did it. Good feeling tho.
  • gpassmore
    gpassmore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo fire yesterday, and I loved it! It was hard to keep up witht he moves, but I am sure the next time I do Fire 30, I will be much better. I had amazing energy after that all day! Wow, it was fun. I hope it helps me lose 20lbs.... :)
  • Andi_1977
    Options
    Hey guys! Today I will be doing HIIT 25 & Stretch 10. So excited! Does anyone else like the Core and Sculpting classes? The soreness kicked in the next day. I felt it in my arms, legs and abs.

Um, yeah. I did Core 20 and Stretch 40 on Sunday, and every time I've sneezed today, I wanted to cry! It's not like I haven't done any ab work recently, so it must be a good workout!
  • CivicSista
    Options
    About to hit play on Fire 45 (yesterday's workout)
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Have fun! I know I will when I start my workout. Time flies so quickly when you do TF. You don't have time to think about other stuff, because you're focused on the workout and anticipating the next move. The pacing is ridiculously fast so you have to react quickly in order to get all the choreography down.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Just finished HIIT 25 & Stretch 10. Burned 320 cals in total! I feel like an energizer bunny :laugh:
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started last week, too, and I love it so far. I can't follow the schedule exactly due to the two twelve-hour shifts I work a week, but I squeeze in as much as I can.

Just curious, does anyone combine other workouts during this program? For example, I planned Fire 30 Stretch 10 for this afternoon but worried it wouldn't burn enough calories so I went jogging this am for an hour first. I really enjoy my jogs two days a week and don't want to give them up. But I don't want to over do it, either.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Right now I'm only doing Turbo Fire. Personally speaking, I don't feel the need to incorporate other workouts because Turbo Fire is already intense on its own and adding more would just bog me down. But I am planning on doing a hybrid rotation of Chalean Xtreme and TF when I'm done.

Today's schedule is Fire 45 & Stretch 10. Woohoo! My second favorite workout. I'm so pumped.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Just did HIIT 20 for the first time. I found it easier to do HIIT 20 than HIIT 15.... Super fun tho!
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Just completed Fire 45 EZ & Stretch 10. Had so much fun that I forgot I was working out.
    I'm so hungry! I haven't had dinner yet.