August 1st- TurboFire Only!

Options

Replies

• CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My butt and legs are so sore from HIIT 20 yesterday. ouch!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Just did HIIT 15 & Tone 30! Burned 345 cals. I'm going to feel it tomorrow morning. I just know it.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Just finished up HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30. I didn't want to work out today, but I pushed myself up and after that 1st Fire drill I was all in.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Just completed Fire 45 EZ & Stretch 10. I was sweating throughout the whole workout. I need to buy a bandana so the sweat doesn't get into my eyes. It takes me out of my zone when I constantly have to wipe the sweat off my face.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Weighed-in today and lost 0.6 lbs.

Schedule for today is Core 20 & Stretch 40 (loathe this class so much).

By the way, I updated my picture log and included week 2 (click on the link below to see the picture):
    http://usera.ImageCave.com/PeachesPie/TurboFireWeeklyPictorial02.png.jpg
  • CivicSista
    Options
    awesome job!

Congrats on the weight lose! I am going to do pictures and weigh in every 30 days. so that means, august 30th or 31st :) Today is Fire 55EZ and if I have time Core 20 and Stretch 40. With all the calories I am going to be burning, I'm gonna be able to eat- YUM!
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Thank you!

Finished Core 20 & Stretch 40 (yawn). You should definitely take pictures and measurements (Need to do this, but I'm so lazy). If I hadn't taken any pictures, I would have said that I don't look any different. The pictures help me see that I'm losing inches, even if my weight is at a standstill
  • CivicSista
    Options
    I have my day one pic, and I will be taking a day 30, 60, and 90 pics. :)
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Just finished Fire 45 and Stretch 10. 962 bye bye!

Where are all my buddies??
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Skipping today's workout. My body is telling me it needs a break. I'm so exhausted that I slept from 12 to 8 pm. It was supposed to be a short power nap.
  • boyflowerbird
    Options
    Hey - I am new to this group. I started TF on July 21. . . so for me today was Day 1 of Week 4. Today I had Fire 45. That class has the hardest choreography for me, I think. . . the boyfriend song has me chanting "side, front, side" over and over again to keep up.

I have gotten a couple of days behind due to different things, but I have pretty much stuck with the schedule. However, I do like my Y group fitness classes, so yesterday instead of Fire 55EZ (which I do enjoy) I replaced it with a hip hop dance class at the Y. The calorie burn was similar, but it was fun to be in with other folks again. I will probably keep doing this every once in a while so I won't get bored.

Overall, I love talking TF so I hope it's okay if I post here. I can totally tell a difference in my endurance after only 3 weeks of doing the program. I was already a big believer in interval training - and it's amazing to me that the HIIT 15 is the hardest one of all for me - shorter intervals and shorter recovery. This week it had me crying.

I, too, do not really enjoy Stretch 40 and I am tired of Stretch 10 - wish there were different variations on a 10-min stretch. Love the Core, Sculpt, and Tone days. . .

Tomorrow I have HIIT 20. Yippee!
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 of week 3, and I am proud to say that I have followed the schedule 100% thus far! I am still loving everything except for stretch 40, but it wasn't as bad yesterday as it was the first time around. I'm really looking forward to doing Fire 45ez for the first time tonight.

I lost another 1/2 pound last week, and I am getting closer and closer to breaking into the 140s. I've been working toward that goal since mid-March, and it's never taken me so long to lose 10 pounds. However, Turbo Fire seems to have gotten the scale moving again, and I can't help but feel encouraged by the progress I've made as far as my endurance is concerned. I'm actually enjoying the HIIT workouts now, and I feel like I'm killing it on the fire drills!

Although it's a bit late, I took my "before" measurements this weekend, and I will try to take pictures tonight. I don't know if I'll ever post them, but at least I will be able to see how far I've come by the end of the 90-120 days, even if the scale doesn't move as much as I'd like.
  • boyflowerbird
    Options
    Today I did HIIT 20 - that is heavy on the legs for sure. I don't remember it being that hard last time, but I know that I am pushing myself harder now, too due to just gaining in strength and endurance.

All in all - felt good. And can I just say that I really love Chalene.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    I did Fire 55 EZ today-burned 544 cals. I hate this workout with a passion so I bumped it to Monday. Glad I got it over with. I've been in a crabby mood since yesterday and I can't say I notice any improvement after I got my workout in.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    I like fire 55 EZ- I do not care for Fre 30tho. blah
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Just finished up Stretch 40. I am only 2 days behind now. I was not feeling so great earlier last week and fell behind- Hopefully will be caught up by next week :)
  • boyflowerbird
    Options
    Today was HIIT 20+Sculpt 30 for me. Burned about 522 calories.

I am not sure if I will continue doing the sculpt, tone, etc. part of TF. 1) I really don't like exercise bands 2) I would rather strength train in a group class like body pump, etc.

sculpt 30 is very bicep-heavy.

anyway, it was a nice burn and i always enjoy the HIIT workouts.
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Just finished up Fire 45EZ.

I really need a boost in my life, it seems like everything is falling apart with no control. :(
  • MoonIite
    Options
    Sorry for being MIA. I haven't been myself the last few days. I actually binged two days ago for reason I've yet to figure out. My mood has been like a roller-coaster, full of highs and lows. The good news out of all of this is that I didn't skip any of my workouts and followed the schedule as outlined. I'm going to dub this week as maintenance week. I won't be seeing a loss on the scale this Saturday, since my binge tipped me over by 1600 calories (3,000 cals in total).

Today I did HIIT 20 & Stretch 10. Energy was lacking, so my calorie burn wasn't all that great (239).
  • boyflowerbird
    Options
    Fire 45 yesterday and Fire 55EZ today - completed.

Love this program! It really is fun and a great way to get the work done at home before starting my day.

I am adding some other stuff into my routine this week. I already swim 2-3 times a week which I will continue to do (sometimes I replace an EZ workout with swimming) and I am also going to start BodyPump on Tuesday morning and do that 2x a week. I will skip the TF sculpt, tone, etc. workouts because I just don't like working with the bands as much.

I still love TF and how it fits into my lifestyle right now (3 small kids - I stay at home and work part-time from home).