Inner Thigh Gap Fitness Routine (help!)

Since bearing children my thighs decided to explode and I am determined to have a gap between my thighs.
I've seen a thread of someone achieving this but does anyone have any fitness routines to help achieve this in a 12 month period. I am determined to get it done!!!
I'll be doing treadmill work and I have a vibration machine. I am in the process of getting a good thick pilates mat and have a tv in my gym hooked up to computer. So any videos online or tutorials will be great! I'm also planning on doing pole dance classes for a term to see how it goes!

Just a side question too, if I am able to drop the weight am I going to have saggy skin?? I don't know how it works.

Thanks in Advance!!

xoxo Llante

Replies

• Bump
  • Bump!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    if you want the gap then you will just have to lower your overall body fat %

no certain exercise is going to help. Cardio, weights, anda clean diet is all that you need.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Bump
  • Bump
  • Llante
    Llante Posts: 14
    Seems there is a lot of other women wanting to know the same thing.

So sunshine, would what I am planning to do be enough??
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Check out Fitnessmagazine.com. I'm on their email list...they send great stuff.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Pretty much overall reduction in body fat is all that's going to work. You can develop the muscles under the fat all you want but you won't be able to see them until the fat is gone. Sadly, for me, this is the LAST area the fat disappears (in fact it never has). Also, I'm doubt I'll never have a gap because I just don't have the wide enough set hips for it.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    bump
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    I rather like my meaty upper thighs. :blushing: I don't have much in the boobage department. Without my hips and thighs, I'd look boyish.

Girl - I am right there with you! :flowerforyou:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    From my understanding, it's mostly genetic
  • Llante
    I rather like my meaty upper thighs. :blushing: I don't have much in the boobage department. Without my hips and thighs, I'd look boyish.

Oh don't get me wrong I love my curves but when your thighs are bigger and wider than your hips it looks terrible! And the rubbing while walking is very unpleasant. I'm also very self conscious of wearing shorts to the pole dance classes as I'll probably bulge everywhere lol!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Seems there is a lot of other women wanting to know the same thing.

So sunshine, would what I am planning to do be enough??

definitely! Just keep with it :} A big part of it is diet and consistency and you will get there!
  • Llante
    Check out Fitnessmagazine.com. I'm on their email list...they send great stuff.

Thanks that has quite a few great suggestions!!!!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Some women, even at their skinniest, still have their thighs touch. Please don't be disappointed if this doesn't happen. You can still look super fit and have your thighs touch.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member

Oh don't get me wrong I love my curves but when your thighs are bigger and wider than your hips it looks terrible! And the rubbing while walking is very unpleasant. I'm also very self conscious of wearing shorts to the pole dance classes as I'll probably bulge everywhere lol!

I agree - you don't want chub rub - that stinks! But if you're 'pear shaped' like me and have no boobs, you want to keep a little bottom curves just to feel womanly. I guess there's a balance in there somewhere.... lol...
  • carmillablk
    carmillablk Posts: 10 Member
    Unfortunately fat on us ladies is last to go on our thighs. From what I read on that topic only hard work and a healthy diet works on that area.
    You might want to add some squats and lunges (and similar) to the routine you plan to condition those muscles. They will look much better when you burn that fat off.
    I'm in the same boat with my naturally big thighs.

Be sure to measure each thigh on the widest point (right over that bulk of fat) every 3-4 weeks and take pictures to see if your workout routine is working. If you don't record any changes on that area try more intense cardio workouts and add strength training if you didn't for legs.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Bump! I had the gap between my thighs for a whole 6 months about 8 years ago when I fell in love for the first time ever!!... That was a long long time ago and I will get back there! I want to be able to wear dresses without chub rub and being uncomfortable!!
  • Llante
    Thanks everyone!!!
    I did have a nice gap before children, and was a ballet dancer for many many years. But I've really let myself go (well not exactly by choice) so I am hoping that I can get it back.

So there is really no exercises or specific routines to slim down the inner thigh??