Do You Have A Tattoo?

Options

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have 7, hugely regret 2 of them. Fortunately the ones I dislike now are fairly easily hidden. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably have 2 maybe 3 small secret ones. I do ADORE my hello kitty angel on the outside of my left thigh.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i have one tatoo on my lower back right now but have a ton more planned for when i hit my goal weight i want to get song lyrics down one side and the other side i want my kids foot prints from their birth certificates staggering with their names. also i want a frog tatoo on my stomache, a portrait of my mom on my shoulder blade and more. lol
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    I have four.
    3 of them I absolutely love, one I am 'bleh' about (but only because I never finished it... found out I was pregnant and had to stop)
    One on each foot, they cover the whole top of my foot.
    And two on my back...
    All but one are trees.
    With that being said, I have a cherry blossom on my back (it is large, covers the whole top area of my back above my bra line) and then above that it says "vouloir c'est pouvoir" (to want is to be able to)
    Then my feet, right: tree branches formed into a heart with a sunset in the background and it says 'serenity'
    Left: (the unfinished one) a tree with leaves blown all around it to form a heart (I need to get the colors touched up and darkened and I want it to say "life is short but sweet for certain"... DMB lyrics. :])
  • Debbiecatherine53
    Debbiecatherine53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No tatoos on me. I have no desire to have one. It is a personal decision. I carry all my tattoos in my heart... But if you want one, or have one, that is ok also.
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    i have one tatoo on my lower back right now but have a ton more planned for when i hit my goal weight i want to get song lyrics down one side and the other side i want my kids foot prints from their birth certificates staggering with their names. also i want a frog tatoo on my stomache, a portrait of my mom on my shoulder blade and more. lol

I have wanted to do my sons foot prints with his name... but I am still iffy about it. :/
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I just got my first one at 45 years old. Pretty flower on top of my left foot. One of my dearest friends got the same tatt with some changes (didn't want to be too matchy-matchy). We got them to celebrate our friendship so it means the world to me.

Love it, love it, love it!!!

I may do one more at some point. Know where I want it, but not sure exactly what I want yet. Something to creatively honor my son.....still have some pondering to do on that.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I have 2 - The first one I got cant be seen unless im in a very skimpy bathing suit. Since that hasnt happened in years, very few ppl have seen it. I got addicted after the frist one, even though it hurt and had to have a second - its just above my ankle. I love them both and wouldnt mind getting another even after all these years.

They really dont cost to much, depending on size and if the artist is good - it is art.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos. I'm just not in to them.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I thought I would post this link about tattoo etiquette. http://www.wicked-whimsy.com/index.php/2009/09/02/tattoo-etiquette/
  • memieof3
    memieof3 Posts: 33
    Options
    Yes I have one It is a breast Cancer awareness bracelet on my left ankle. In honor of my Mom. I only wish that I had gotten sooner She died before I had the guts to get it. I love and wear it's proudly. I was always against tatoo's but now I want another one. I just have to figure out what to get. :)
  • kay_g
    kay_g Posts: 3
    Options
    I have one; on the outer side of my left leg above my ankle. Its medium size. It is a "tribal" cross with a red heart in the center.that part stands for the blood of Jesus and that he is the center of my life. There is a purple ribbon wrapping around the cross that stands for Jesus' royalty. Above the cross I have written "LOVE" and below is written "KWAGALA" and that means love in Ugandan, and that is a reminder of my mission trip in Uganda.
    I do want another; a sparrow (His eye is on the sparrow, so I know he watches over me). But I don't know where I want it.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have the American flag with an eagle on my upper right arm that I got when I was 39. I figured I was old enough and that I can cover it with short sleeves. My only regret is that the flag is flying the wrong direction but I am the only one that notices it. I also regret not putting sun screen on it because now it could stand to be touched up.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    yes, i have one on my right shoulder blade of a colorful butterfly....it is not huge, you can not see it unless i wear a tube top or a bathing suit....it's the only one i have and would like another one but i would have to cry again through the pain..hehe
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have one; on the outer side of my left leg above my ankle. Its medium size. It is a "tribal" cross with a red heart in the center.that part stands for the blood of Jesus and that he is the center of my life. There is a purple ribbon wrapping around the cross that stands for Jesus' royalty. Above the cross I have written "LOVE" and below is written "KWAGALA" and that means love in Ugandan, and that is a reminder of my mission trip in Uganda.
    I do want another; a sparrow (His eye is on the sparrow, so I know he watches over me). But I don't know where I want it.

i LOVE that.....why dont you get the sparrow on your foot?
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I want to answer this question in a week! I think I'm getting one for my birthday! Ifinally have the tattoo picked out, I just need to figure out where it is going to go. It's going to be a fire/water tattoo because I am a Leo and love the beach. The top half is a red orange and yellow sun and the bottom a blue/green wave.

I don't want it on my back because I want to be able to look at it. I was thinking my hip. Will post pics when it's done!
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos, my husband has a few. I was interested in getting a remembrance tattoo when I lost my first baby. I'm just not quite sure what I would get. My biggest worry would be dissappointment if I didnt like the artwork for whatever reason.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I've wanted a tattoo since i was 7. I waited it out until i was consistent with what I wanted and got it about 2 years ago. My family doesn't know about it and it's in a place that is not highly visible unless I want it to be. It's the first choice I made solely for me and reminds me that I am my own person with my own choices.

It's only been 2 years, but when I look at it it reminds me that I am the ultimate controller of my life. I don't think i'll ever regret it.

I want another one but am waiting to once again having something meaningful but it too will be placed in a private place that is only displayed when I want to show it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I dont have any, I still havnt found anything that i like enough to scar it on my body forever. I would get one though. I like the way those side tattoos look, the kind with vines and flowers creep up.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have 3 tattoos! Ive had them all since feb 2011 lol! - there addictive! :smile:

None of them have meanings. I just liked them and decidedto get them :)

Here are piccies of my tattoos =)

1st TATTOO - February 2011:

wrist.jpg

2nd TATTOO - April 2011:

butterfly.jpg

3rd TATTOO - July 2011:

hand.jpg
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Please tell me why or why not?
    Are you happy with it?
    Do you have more than one?
    Is it large or small?
    Privately located or loudly, proudly displayed?
    Do you regret it? Would you do it again? Why or Why not?
    Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Yes, I have one
    I love it :love:
    Kind of medium Sized
    On my shoulder - most things cover it, but if I wear a strappy top or dress sometimes it shows
    Don't regret it in the slightest, I spent alot of time thinking about it and got it because at the time it meant something to me. I want another one on my wrist, but I don't know if seeing it everyday will make me eventually hate it....as I don't see the one on my shoulder unless I am looking in the mirror, I kind of forget it's there and I don't get sick of it.