High protein meal recommendations?

2»

Replies

• Try "Syntrax Nectar" protien, it comes in endless flavors 100 calories, fat free, 0 carbs, 24 grams per serving. Im a post bariatric patient consuming 100+ grams of protien, 1200 calories, with a low carb diet. It's doable. When focusing on high protien eat protien 1st then veggies. You will be surprised by tim you get to the carb, you dont even want or crave it.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    cottage cheese
  • Cottage cheese topped with either chunky salsa or some nice fresh tabbouleh. I use that as a component of my post workout meal quite frequently.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Feel free to check out my food diary. I can't seem to NOT get too much protein. I try to watch it and keep it at the goal MFP set for me (yes, yes, I know many think it's low, but I'm sure they used some formula). Anywho, some days if I added a protein drink or shake I'm sure I'd hit 100 g.
  • chawngod
    chawngod Posts: 2 Member
    Add a packet of splenda and a few tablespoons of fruit...delish!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Is THAT why you all eat that greek yogurt? I got one to try, that stuff is NASTY. I'd rather eat protein powder.

I'm gonna look for those bagels sonchie, that sounds good.

Thanks for the reminder about tuna guys, I forgot about it entirely.

Does anyone have a recommended way for cooking beans besides the standard cumin-salt-pepper-garlic-onion? Something I can make on the weekend and keep in the fridge?

If you're not a fan of Greek Yoghurt, try it with a teaspoon of honey stirred in, only adds a few extra cals but makes it sweeter and just generally scrummy (in my opinion!) on its own it's just boring, a bit like cottage cheese!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Does anyone have a recommended way for cooking beans besides the standard cumin-salt-pepper-garlic-onion? Something I can make on the weekend and keep in the fridge?

Spice it up. Most any dark beans are great cooked with jalapeno and/or cayenne. Spicy black bean soup is my favorite. Also, split pea soup is good with carrots, onions and celery and cooks up very quick. White beans or black-eyed peas also make really good salads. Just cook, cool, then mix with diced veggies and a homemade vinegrette.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Is THAT why you all eat that greek yogurt? I got one to try, that stuff is NASTY. I'd rather eat protein powder.

I'm gonna look for those bagels sonchie, that sounds good.

Thanks for the reminder about tuna guys, I forgot about it entirely.

If you're not a fan of Greek Yoghurt, try it with a teaspoon of honey stirred in, only adds a few extra cals but makes it sweeter and just generally scrummy (in my opinion!) on its own it's just boring, a bit like cottage cheese!

Its not the flavor, its the nasty chalky texture. I actually like plain cottage cheese a lot!
  • heartlessangel7
    heartlessangel7 Posts: 3 Member
    I like scrambled egg whites or an eggwhite omelet with spinach, tomato, peppers, onion.. tasty and high protein. You can add low-fat cheese and chicken or turkey.

Chicken with black beans.

Greek yogurt. (no added sugar)

What she said, but sautee spinach & mushrooms, tomato, peppers, & onion in pan w/ healthy-ish butter (will add more flavor than olive oil) THEN add the eggwhites. I've had expensive disasters doing otherwise. Thank gawd 4 the internet!!!
  • heartlessangel7
    heartlessangel7 Posts: 3 Member
    1 cup dry un-cooked oatmeal, 8 oz. Low-fat vanilla yogurt, & 1/4 cup of raisins/dates/(insert dried fruit here). Stir it all together in a cup. Eat as is. Very tasty, Very quick, very cheap, & very high protein. I buy the 32 oz tubs of yogurt in bulk. Oatmeal you can buy in bulk. Raisins you can get a $1 store cheap.