Stay-At-Home Moms 11/24-11/30

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam just came in-- woo hoooooooooo--

Where do I start? Which one? Huh? Which one? Huh? Huh? Tell me tell me tell me!!

can't wait to be done with work tonight--

YAY! Start with the Learn & Burn. Learn will get you the basic moves down. Burn I did for a good 2 months. 20 minutes & lots of cals. If you try to start with Cardio Party right away, you may fall over. I think it is something that you really have to work into. Don't get discouraged. It really does take some practice! I'm so excited to see how you like it! I'm a dork like that. LOL
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam just came in-- woo hoooooooooo--

Where do I start? Which one? Huh? Which one? Huh? Huh? Tell me tell me tell me!!

can't wait to be done with work tonight--

YAY! Start with the Learn & Burn. Learn will get you the basic moves down. Burn I did for a good 2 months. 20 minutes & lots of cals. If you try to start with Cardio Party right away, you may fall over. I think it is something that you really have to work into. Don't get discouraged. It really does take some practice! I'm so excited to see how you like it! I'm a dork like that. LOL

I'm a dork like that, too-- "Did you like it? Huh? No? Wah."

So, the Learn and Burn 20 minute, NOT the 20 minute workout-- got it.

Lord willing, tonight--
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I goofed. Do Learn & then do Burn. I did Burn for about a week & then moved to the 20 min. workout for about 2 months. There. My brain isn't communicating today. :noway:
  • Marla64
    Options
    So how long is the learn?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I think like 10 min. or so. It isn't anything heavy. Just teaches you the TJ moves.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Yea Marla is gonna be a Jammer! I hope your hubby is okay with the music. It's not really rock, more like hip hop, dancy, bouncy music. I agree with 3BB, start with the Learn and then do the Burn when you have the moves figured out. You can try the 20 minute or the cardio party but be prepared :wink:

3bb good luck with the therapy stuff. Hopefully it will be a good thing.
  • Marla64
    Options
    But, wait-- only 10 minutes? That's all I do for a week? Huh? Luuucy? You got some more splainin to do--

And just music but no lyrics? Or are we hearing "songs" . (biting fingernails-- ) Yipes-- we'll see-- again, I can turn it down and/or do it downstairs if I think it'll be a problem.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    No no no. The "learn" part is only about 10 min. The "burn" part is longer, but gets you into the grove of doing the moves. You'll figure it out once you pop it in the player.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    There are some lyrics but nothing harsh...except the "momma said knock you out" hahaha. It's like she's looped the song so that its the same beat throughout that section and the songs change as the workout changes, warm up cool down etc. Only do the Learn until you understand the moves...so if it takes you once, move on. The Burn is where the fun starts.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Iiiiiii see. Okay-- I'll learn for at least 10 minutes, maybe longer and then burn for-- uhhh-- what, maybe 10 minutes-- lol-- just kidding-- all will become clear.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I NEED HELP!!:mad:

Has anyone had a baby that was so picky about baby food that they literally take the spoon & throw it at you?! I'm getting so frustrated & I never had this problem with the boys. Any tricks? I've tried pears, bananas, apples, broccoli, sweet potatoes & butternut squash (I make my own) & she's hated them all but the broccoli & only the florets. She's making me nutty.
  • Marla64
    Options

Has anyone had a baby that was so picky about baby food that they literally take the spoon & throw it at you?! I'm getting so frustrated & I never had this problem with the boys. Any tricks? I've tried pears, bananas, apples, broccoli, sweet potatoes & butternut squash (I make my own) & she's hated them all but the broccoli & only the florets. She's making me nutty.

Then try nuts-- hee.

Maybe she doesn't like your cooking. ??
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Then try nuts-- hee.

Maybe she doesn't like your cooking. ??

:sad: There really should be a face for "OH THE HORROR!!" For now, this will have to do...I know it is huge...

faceshock4.jpg
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Huge is an understatement :laugh: I'm sorry your babe is so picky. I'll trade you...you can have my picky 6 yr old and I'll take your picky baby :happy:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    What? You don't like my "shocked" wall paper. LOL At least when my boys get picky now I can just tell them not to eat. If they don't want to eat it, I don't make them. They'll eat when they're hungry & they'll eat what I give them. If they don't, they starve. With Tabitha, I'm just tying to get her to open her mouth & she jerks around & grabs & screams & it is just ugly. Oh, well. She'll eat someday, right?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Huge is an understatement :laugh: I'm sorry your babe is so picky. I'll trade you...you can have my picky 6 yr old and I'll take your picky baby :happy:

Okay-- I'll take the picky baby and the picky six year old and you can take my 18 and 13 year old sons--
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Okay-- I'll take the picky baby and the picky six year old and you can take my 18 and 13 year old sons--

NOOOO! I'm dreading those years. Zeke already eats constantly. I'm dreading what he's going to do to me in 10 years. *shudder* That deserves an "oh the horror!" face also...but I'll spare you. :happy:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Be afraid..........be very, very afraid.
  • jawaria
    Options
    Micah will be starting speech therapy very soon. The evaluation was a nightmare but they assured me that therapy wouldn't be like that. Therapy is play based & the eval was a little, for lack of a better word, pushy. They were showing him pics & trying to get him to point things out & Micah just simply isn't a big fan of strangers so he was less than willing to cooperate. We'll see how therapy goes. If I think its a joke, I'm just not going to take him. I hope it works, though. He obviously has some delays.

Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing great! i have been working out for 4 days in a row and hope to continue it! My stress levels are soaring...inlaws here..enuf said:)
    3BB i did not realize ur son will start speech therapy...my son just turned 2 and has been in speech therapy for a year now! I obviously don't know much but what u just described above sounds too much like my Sayf. Now we r still in therapy but i think it'll end in Dec coz he's talking tooo much now! I hope it goes well for u. It was tough in the beginning but it easier with time and results! Good Luck!
  • Marla64
    Options
    He's two and in speech therapy for a year? :noway:

Okay-- I'm curious-- I'll bite. How did anyone ever determine that your one year old wasn't speaking properly? Mine is still blathering and babbling like a normal one year old. :huh:

Yes, I'm a crotchety "old" mother who's been around the block a couple times-- I'm not gettin' this new fangled speech therapy for toddlers and/or any doctor who thinks it's necessary at this age.

(or the braces for 7 year olds-- another pet peeve of mine-- but that's for another day.)