What is your Final Weight Loss Goal at 5'6"

Options

Replies

• NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6" and going for 190 at the least. I have a different build and anything less would make me look sickly lol. Right now Im just focusing on getting to 230 then I will gauge it by how small my tummy gets and m=how my clothes fit so im not really obsessed with a # per se. Because who knows! I may get to 210 and LOVE the way I look and feel and thats when I will be content.

BMI's are BS! If I weighed what my BMI said I should weight I would look SO SICK! lol. SMH... thats all im gunna say about that.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and am looking to be around 120. Though I will admit that I want to be toned more than I want to lose weight.

that's exactly how i feel. i want to jiggle less more than i want to weigh less

Answer.... lift heavy things. Slay the fat with weight plates.
  • kimthrasher
    kimthrasher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'd love to see 140 again. I think you also have to consider your age and have you had children. I have always been way underweight. I had 3 babies plus started gaining more weight 35-40!! At my age, with children, I don't want to be superskinny again. I want to look like a healthy, middle age mommy!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-7 and my goal is 190
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my doctor told me I should be okay with 160. That is what my ultamate goal is. When I was 205 in high school, I was a size 12 in jeans. My dr. said that with my body frame and muscle that I have, I should be healthy at 160.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    5'5" and my goal is 125lbs. I've been in the 120-130lb range most of my adult life and been very happy there. Currently I'm at 139 and with my small frame and tendency to carry all my weight in my butt and thighs I just look pudgy right now--and have cellulite that absolutely keeps me from wearing a bathing suit in public. Even though I fall in the 'healthy" BF% when I test, it looks unsightly all bunched in one area like that. At 120 is where I hit the bottom of the "healthy" range and I can tell it's verging on too skinny, hence the goal of 125.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' (how do all you 5'5'' people end up on a thread meant for me? :P
    :)
    My goal is 121 pounds at 18% body fat... the body fat note is important because I see myself being lean, not skinny...
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and am looking to be around 120. Though I will admit that I want to be toned more than I want to lose weight.

if i went back to the gym right now, i'd be 210 in no time. it would be all muscle but i bulk up fast when i go back to lifting. i need to get a bit off first.
  • BeautyNPower
    BeautyNPower Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal is 135. I think that will look good on me (if I remember correctly LOL).

Best wishes!!
  • JicelynJ
    JicelynJ Posts: 6
    Options
    My goal at 5'6" is 160. This is considered overweight for me, but if I lost any more than that I think I would look skinny. I'm currently at 174 and I wear a size 8. This is the size I want to stay in, I just want to tone it up a bit, so I could NEVER see me dropping below 140. I don't even see me dropping below 150. I would look sick and lose all my sexy curves. I think you have to determine your body type and how you want to look. I personally want to look lean/average, but I hope never to be described as "thin"
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi at 5'6 my goal is 150-155....

Ditto.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options

if i went back to the gym right now, i'd be 210 in no time. it would be all muscle but i bulk up fast when i go back to lifting. i need to get a bit off first.

It is INCREDIBLY difficult for anyone to build muscle on a deficit, and even tougher for women. However, easy bulkers, like you and me, are much less likely to lose lean body mass while losing weight if we lift. I did, in fact gain a couple of pounds of LBM (mostly glycogen) when I started lifting, but my body fat percentage DROPPED... and that's the jiggles.

It's never too early in your weight loss program to start lifting heavy things

OP... I apologize for getting off topic.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm five six and a half and am aiming between 140-150lb. Don't have an exact number as my goal.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I am about 150lbs. Normal for my height is 150-115. But how you look and how you feel depend on you. Most people think I am about 135lbs. And no its not them just trying to be nice ;). When I am down to about 143 people think I am way skinny and should not loss any more weight. My goal is 130-125. I am naturally a curvy frame. I have hips and a butt and boobs no matter what. So I never feel small! lol

Go with what you are comfortable with and what you think you look good in. Also I sometimes will stop going by my weight sometimes and focus on my cloths size or how I look and feel. For example I wear a size small and a 4-6 jean when I am about 145.

Its all about you and what you are happy with. :)

Good luck!
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    5'6 and my goal is 135. I'm 157 right now.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Check out this site. It will give you an objective prospective on what others look like who are your height weight and body type. :) Hope it helps!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal is to be somewhere between 125 and 140, depending on my body composition.
  • Kikers123
    Kikers123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal is 150, its just under the "appropriate" weight, which is 154. I carry my weight pretty well, so I think that would be a good weight for me.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    My body fat percentage says to see my abs I'll be around 125lbs. Thats my goal... abs. Not weight.... I think choosing a weight is dumb, you should go off body fat percentages!!!
  • propelrunrebel
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal will fall somewhere between 145 and 135 depending on muscle definition when I get there. I don't worship the scale, I care more about size, i.e. I want to get back into the 5's and 7's and sm/medium shirts, dress size of about 6 and measure around 35 28 36. I don't care what number gives me that, it's just what I want.