What is attractive?

Options

Replies

• SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that simple. Everyone is attracted to what or who they're attracted to. My boyfriend thinks the women in the magazines are too skinny. And after all the years we've been together, I'm pretty confident he's not just saying that. He's also not the only man I've heard say that.

On the other hand, there are men who really like super skinny.

Some men like large breasts, some small. Some like a nice leg, some a big rear end, some a small rear end.

There is no "most" in this question.

I also find that people fall in love with someone and then the things about the person they love become what is attractive in their eyes, even if they wouldn't have found those things attractive before, if that makes sense.

This!!! -- Attractiveness is sooo random IMO. For the 1st 29 years of my life --- I loved me a man with long hair -- mmm mmm mmm. Then I met my fiance and gotta tellya -- bald is beautiful!!!!

I might say I love blue eyes -- but then I meet someone who has beautiful brown eyes and I think they're attractive. It just happens ya know!!??
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Good humor, lust for life.
    Genuine concern for others: philanthropy (not necessarily riches) is HAWT! :laugh: :love: :smooched:
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Intelligence, confidence but not arrogance, strength, nice pecs, well spoken, sincerity in caring about others, romanticism, able to convey opinions and emotions well, a good sense of humor, clean shaven and good-smelling, good hygiene.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Men who are not afraid of nor ashamed of their masculinity. There are too many girly men in the world today, so when a guy is just unapologetically male, that's very attractive to me.

Same here! Manly men with "fur" are a must for me, they need to act like a man (not like a ***hole either!), need to be taller than me (I'm 5'2 - prefer them over 6 ft.) broad shoulders, etc.

They must treat me well & love me no matter what. I'll be devoted to him as long as he is devoted to me! I love with my whole heart & expect the same in return. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated!!!

(had a few relationships that were the exact opposite of the good qualities listed above... )

Effeminate men have never & will never do it for me. Needless to say, I married a Marine! :-D

Celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this year!
  • Rhea81
    Rhea81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    confidence, but not arrogance. :bigsmile:

So true! Those seem kind of rare though!

EXACTLY!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!

There's a pretty fine line there. Chances are half of the women will think you are confident, the other half arrogant.
  • MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Confidence, humour, romantic, independence

Arrogance, guys who prat around with their hair and clothes and generally taking longer to get ready than me, dependance and desperation -
    are all a big, fat NOOOOOOOO!!!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Military guys......intelligent ones. I like to call them "Militarized Geeks." Very short hair and/or shaved head. Nice smile, good posture. And if I'm lucky enough to see them....muscular legs.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    White teeth, tall, smells good, no bad breath, dark hair, strong. defined muscle under a thin layer of fat, has money.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

why I feel so lucky
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    What I find most attractive is someone who can make me laugh, challenge me and treat me like I deserve. If you can do all that - looks dont really matter all that much. Now... if you have a smile and eyes that can melt. Im set! :)
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    White teeth, tall, smells good, no bad breath, dark hair, strong. defined muscle under a thin layer of fat, has money.

you know i have all of that minus the white part of teeth, the smelling good part.. the strong part and the "thin" part of under fat... and of course the money part...
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    I'm a back girl... I love a nice toned back, but they also have to be nice, and caring, and funny, and a hard worker, and love my kids, put up with my crazy family, put up with my mood swings, treat me like a princess when I treat him like a frog, Love me no matter my size and encourage/kick my butt when needed.

I don't ask for much do I?
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love a man with a beautiful smile and blue eyes. That is what attracted me to my husband. When he looks at me with those intense blue eyes I feel like I am the most beautiful person in the world.
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    personality and humour, and just generally sillyness that only matters to you two... oh and a cute bottom:tongue:
  • kaytedawg05
    Options
    i like cute faces... and honestly i'm attracted to men who are like polar bears LOL! i know it's not healthy to be overweight, but i like big guys... strong guys. good hygiene and good sense of humor...
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Some one that is honest, respectful, knows what they want out of life, healthy, good morals, great sense of humor, some one that will be themselfs, not being a fake or trying to be something that they are not, some one that loves to have fun and live life to the fullest.
  • jillwaller
    Options
    I'm always most attracted to the bad boys with tattoos, lip rings, and "I don't give a f***" attitude. But I always find myself dating the sweet boys that I wouldn't hesitate to bring home to my parents. Generally speaking, I love intelligence and passion. If a guy isn't motivated about SOMETHING, I don't find him worth my time.

I agree with everyone saying that there's no one "type" anyone likes though- my boyfriend is dating me (obviously) and I'm not overweight, but I've got super muscular legs and a "ghetto booty" according to the boys at school. However, all his celebrity crushes are stick skinny girls with no boobs or butts. (Mila Kunis, Hayley Williams, etc.)
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sincerity, integrity and self confidence
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    freakishly tall men, broad shoulders...not afraid to be a man. My fiance told me he's drawn to my dependability (if I say I'm going to do something, I do it)...he's drawn to my intelligence (7 years of university never killed anyone lol), I'm VERY goal orientated, every job I've ever had i've excelled at, I'm a closet hoe (I can't help but listen to pitbull, and I have a crush on the ***** cat dolls lol)...he told me that my determination to give my step son a good female role model is definitely sexy. Not to mention he love loves brunettes with glasses...Tina Fey is his "other" girlfriend. Yep everyone is different, for my man, sanity is sexy, and undramatic, no giggling like an idiot unless you're intoxicated, and no flinching when he's yelling...that's just stupid. And NO checking his emails or cell phone, 100% complete trust and honesty is definitley sexy.