C25K Starting 8/8- Open group for encouragement!

Options

Replies

• toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    :happy: HELP, I'm really not computer literate. I need step by step to get the W2W pic please. Just feel really daft.

awee its no prob - it definitely confused me first too when getting used to posting images on forums
    so once you're on any forum page - there is a link at the top of the page that says "Signature" - you'll go there. You'll see the code for your ticker there & underneath that - you'll put [*img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/chillydesigns/signatures/W2W-1.jpg[*/*img] - but you have to delete out the asterisks in order to have it show up.

so it'd be link of picture - no asterisks, and the "img" in lowercase letters.
    hope this helps!! :)
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    As for those of us just beginning, hang in there! I do NOT consider myself a runner and I did well during my first 5K in the spring. I'm doing the training now and hopefully I'll see an improved race time. I never in my life thought I'd be able to walk 3.1 miles, let alone jog or run them, but after just four weeks of training I'm finding it getting easier and easier.

I loveee this post - definitely keeps me inspired and motivated. I've been thinking more and more about running a 5k after completing c25k and getting my pace up - sometime in the spring I hope (There's a few going on throughout november and december but I am a warm-weather kind of gal and there's no way I would ever want to run in the snow/cold of this lovely arctic tundra of central pa. lol
    I did manage to do some jogging this morning.....but the heel's still bothering me so I had to take a few breaks and walk a ways. I managed 30 minutes total. Unfortunately I feel like I've been hit over the head with a "tired stick"......I'm getting a cold and have a sore throat and just extremely tired! Feeling a bit more "wimpy" than "warrior" at the moment! ohwell
    Awe well kudos to you - your determination is great for trying to run anyway even though you're having a heel issue. I am totally feelin' the "tired stick" reference. I'm pushing W4D2 off till tomorrow because I just feel like crap. Hope you feel better!!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    :happy: HELP, I'm really not computer literate. I need step by step to get the W2W pic please. Just feel really daft.

awee its no prob - it definitely confused me first too when getting used to posting images on forums
    so once you're on any forum page - there is a link at the top of the page that says "Signature" - you'll go there. You'll see the code for your ticker there & underneath that - you'll put [*img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/chillydesigns/signatures/W2W-1.jpg[*/*img] - but you have to delete out the asterisks in order to have it show up.

so it'd be link of picture - no asterisks, and the "img" in lowercase letters.
    hope this helps!! :)

Yay, thankyou so much.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    I love the W2W ticker! I'm going to put it up as soon as I am done with this post. You all have inspired me to do a 5K run. I'm looking into different ones in the area. The weather is starting to cool off so I'm not sure about doing a run in November or December??? My friend wants to do one in December but I'm not sure about running in the snow??

Everyone is continuing to make great progress! I'm amazed by the consistency and motivation on this thread. Even if it means repeating a week or pausing to take care of injuries you all just keep sticking with it. Love it!

I'm doing W5D2 tomorrow. I thought W5 was definitely more of a mental challenge than a physical one - I need to remember not to get hung up on thinking about it and just go for it!!
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    I love the W2W ticker! I'm going to put it up as soon as I am done with this post. You all have inspired me to do a 5K run. I'm looking into different ones in the area. The weather is starting to cool off so I'm not sure about doing a run in November or December??? My friend wants to do one in December but I'm not sure about running in the snow??

I am totally torn on this same question! I'll be completing C25K somewhere in November and December but I really don't know how I'd feel about running in the freezing cold. :\
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    ariel- thanks! i got it! i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

has anyone else noticed they aren't hungry the day they run, but the next day they're ravenous???? just wondered if i was the odd one out here....

Totally!

Ariel - thanks for the banner, you rock! I'm with you. There's a race run in March here that I'm thinking of signing up for. There's a 5k, 10k, half and whole marathon. But I'm probably going to do the 5k. Though I plan on trying to do the Bridge to 10k just to see if I can do it. We'll see!

Rachel - That was spectacular! Sorry about the migraine - I find sometimes I get headaches the day after a run if I push harder than usual. But you did it! And I don't blame you for walking throught the water stations. I can't run and drink either!

Mom - Be careful with that heel! Stick with the yoga for awhile. It can help. Anyway - I'm still thinking of redoing week 6, even though it took me so long to get it done in the first place. I just can't seem to get those 25 minutes runs. I ran for fun yesterday, no C25k, because Monday was that day. I only managed to make it to 23 minutes. I think I just need to build up a bit. Not sure what's going on, but I think I'm just going to back up a bit on it. Lol, listen to me...just for fun I ran 23 minutes...Never in a million years...

Because I did a lot of strength training yesterday I did Jillian's Yoga Meltdown instead of 30DS today and about died. Lol, I'm not great at yoga anyway, but she's a killer! But instead of being upset with myself for not being able to do everything, I kept thinking, "Wait till I can do those moves!" It's amazing how your thinking changes so much! But seriously...wow.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    well, it's 11:20 pm and i'm on my computer for the first time today... weird....

it sounds like we've got some injured and sick among us. i hope everyone's back at it again in no time! in the meantime, take care of yourselves! ((((HUGS))))

i did get my run in today, (week 9, day 2) but i hurt my back the day before yesterday trying to refill the water cooler. i have no idea what i did, but i had the 5 gallon jug in my hands and i was poised carefully on a chair ready to flip the jug onto the cooler... the next thing i knew, the water jug was spilling out on the floor and i had fallen. ouch! i got my 3.1 miles in, but nothing more... usually when i feel like i'm going to die, the pain goes away after the first 10-15 minutes, but it was pretty consistent this morning. it wasn't horrible, just a slight nagging pain in my middle back. the hills were certainly not my friend today.

ariel- can i borrow t-rex and your pillow pets when you're done with them (that was you, wasn't it)??? i'll probably have my heating pad on tonight too!

mags- your time is AWESOME! i'd love to run a 5k that fast! :-) you rock!

hopefully friday will be my final day of c25k! week 9, day 3... bring it on!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Ok guys i got thru W5D3 I AM SO PROUD OF MY SELF but the crazy thing is I felt so good while I was running those 20 min I almost thought I was super women But when I stop at the end and started walking I felt half dead like i could barely walk my right calf tried to cramp on the cool down I was able to keep my pace up most the run I was So confused by this I figured the jogging was going to be the hard part.
  • prettyfitchick
    Options
    J_courter You only have have one more day left of c25k?
    Brenda I hope you get to feeling better
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I just received my number for my 5K this weekend... number 29! I'm so excited!:-D

I've been really light this week with workouts. I don't want muscle soreness or to be too tired out for the race. I'm thinking of doing a 30 minute run tonight and a little bit of yoga at home afterwards to stretch out.

Shannon
  • j_courter
    Options
    lisa- week 5 day 3?!?!?! as in the 20 minute run? that's incredible! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: you should be so proud of yourself. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: did you think you could ever run for 20 minutes in a row 6 weeks ago? keep up the great work. is your heart rate monitor helping you judge your pace as you run? as for the soreness, was it cold at all where you were running? if not, were you well hydrated?

shannon!!! two more days until the big day! i'm sure you'll do great! keep up posted! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    I can't believe the progress that's happening here! To those who are sick/injured - take care! It seems like such a motivated group of warriors sometimes needs to remember to give ourselves permission to let our bodies recover :)

I am hoping to squeeze W5D2 in tomorrow. I'm struggling to come up with a consistent schedule for when I do my runs. I do manage to get them within a week but it's always on different days. I just started school again (I had the summer off) so my schedule is still an adjustment. Hopefully soon I will get into a pattern.

Ariel- I'm thinking of being crazy and signing up for a "jingle bell run" that's in mid-December....there's always the chance that it will be terrible weather and it won't work out but it sounds kind of fun.

Lindbee - I can't believe that you ran 23 minutes "for fun" - that's incredible! I dream of doing that one day :)

J_courtier - I'm so sorry about your water cool accident. Please take good care of yourself. Back injuries are no fun!

Mizzladylisa - amazing job finishing W5. You inspired me that it's possible to run 20 minutes in a row later this week

Shannon - good luck this weekend girl! You can do it!
  • AParker1974
    AParker1974 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ok guys i got thru W5D3 I AM SO PROUD OF MY SELF but the crazy thing is I felt so good while I was running those 20 min I almost thought I was super women But when I stop at the end and started walking I felt half dead like i could barely walk my right calf tried to cramp on the cool down I was able to keep my pace up most the run I was So confused by this I figured the jogging was going to be the hard part.

AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!
  • AParker1974
    AParker1974 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I finished W3D2. I can feel myself getting stronger each time I run, its just so amazing. I never thought I could ever find myself running. From reading everyone's progress I know it is going get harder and harder but I know if I stick with it I can do it. I may not finish it in the 9 wks, may have to go back and redo some of the weeks in order to get to were I need. I am not giving up!! Great job to all of you, you all are my heros!!
  • prettyfitchick
    Options
    Did i miss something whats the details for the banner/ticker?

J_courtier--I am not sure how to use my hrm to keep track of my pace but i did notice my heart rate was above my max but my body didnt feel as though I was pusing my self to hard while i was jogging So i need some pointers on how to do that

A-parker When you finsh week 3 is when you really see the changes is your ability to run

Sweet13- make sure you share all the details of your 5k

Skinnylizzy- my schedule is not always constant either I work 7 days some days i am so tired that just run the next day
  • Chill_10
    Chill_10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    getting back at it today with w1d2, had a little hiatus there due to ariel being sick, and then I felt like deathly ill yesterday.. Looking forward t getting back at it though..
  • j_courter
    Options
    skinnylizzy- you'll get back into a routine in no time. kudos for getting your required runs in each week!

aparker- you're doing great! keep it up girl! i really don't think it gets "harder" as time goes on. yes, we are running more, but our bodies are working up to it. you can do this! :-)

mizzlady- ariel made us that rockin' w2w banner, isn't it great?! the link is on one of her posts in this forum... probably just a page back, but maybe 2. :-) did your heart rate monitor come with instructions to figure your target heart rate? here's a good website that explains target zones well: http://www.brianmac.co.uk/hrm1.htm

that link also talks about variations for a given intensity:

"A reduction in heart rate for a given intensity is usually due to an improvement in fitness but a number of other factors might explain why heart rates can vary for a given intensity:

•Dehydration can increase the heart rate by up to 7.5%
    •Heat and humidity can increase the heart rate by 10 beats/minute
    •Altitude can increase the heart rate by 10 to 20%, even when acclimatised
    •Biological variation can mean the heart rate varies from day to day by 2 to 4 beats/minute"

i guess that explains why i feel like i'm pushing harder when it's humid! i didn't realize humidity could increase your heart rate by 10 beats/minute! that explains a lot!

chill- hope you're feeling better. it's no fun to be sick! did you eat colorado canteloupe?

as for me, i did week 9-day 3 today!!!! the final day of c25k! yeah! my average heart rate was 164 and i ran for 35 minutes. i have no idea how many miles i did because i didn't keep track, but i know it was over 3. my back feels a lot better today, didn't really even bother me while i was running. whew! bullet dodged.

i don't really know where to go from here. i probably need a goal, but i'm not sure what to do! i feel like a lost puppy. of course i'll keep running and working on my time, but what else? i guess i'm going to have to give jillian's 30 day shred another go. i'm sure the extra strength will help along the way. maybe i can actually shred on my off running days now that i'm in a bit better shape. the only thing i'm concerned about is my knees and shoulders... jillian killed them the first time around. well, mindless rambling is over. have a great weekend everyone!
  • Rachel1913
    Rachel1913 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey Warriors!

skinnylizzy - I'm having problems with consistency as well. i've been doing my runs in the evening, but as it gets dark earlier, I'm having to do them at other times, and I'm not being very consistent.

aparker - I never in a million years thought I would be able to run either. I've also thought I didn't have the body for it or the stamina, but this program has been incredible for me.

Shannon - can't wait to hear all the details about your 5k tomorrow

mizzladylisa - kudos for getting through your 20min run!

Jenny - can you believe you're done!?!? I'm doing my Week 9 Day 3 run tomorrow, and I'm feeling kind of bittersweet about it. I'm thrilled to have made it through the program, but am kind of wondering what's next too. I'm signing up for another 5k in November, so I'll definitely keep doing the 3+ miles and try to get faster, but I'll miss having a program tell me what I'm supposed to do every day. Maybe I'll go ahead and start doing the Bridge to 10K program. Do you have plans to enter a race? Your average HR is awesome. Mine still gets up to about 180 after about 20 minutes of running. Hopefully, as I keep running, it'll come down. And no, I did not get to do my spa day after my 5k last week. That migraine had me in bed with the covers over my head. Maybe I'll wait til my next 5k, and reward myself if I improve my time.
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Heyy everyone!

J - CONGRATS ON FINISHING C25K!! you're amazing!! xD

AParker - Great job on Week 3 // don't worry about pacing or going back, you're doing an awesome job! It definitely is a nice feeling to be like "wow, I can actually do this!" lol. it's such an amazing difference from when I started!!

mizzladylisa - the banner you just put under your ticker in your sig, if you go back a couple of pages in this post - I have the direct link and instructions on how to add it! i figured we needed a cute banner like all the other groups seem to have.

skinnylizzy - haha i think i'm having temporary lapses of judgement as well, considering i planned in my Adidas MiCoach some type of running program starting in November (right after I finish up c25k). REALLY hope it doesn't snow horribly and maybe i'll have some cold weather gear? who knows i might not even want to leave the house LOL!

Today Chill and I went out and actually ran outside for the first time! (We usually stick it to the treadmill lol!) But it was a beautiful day, and we decided, why not? We went to a state park nearby to run and totalllyyyyy underestimated the hills. Managed to rock out W4D2 though even with the hills, even managed to keep around 10-11 min/mi for the majority of my running time. Ended up burning 204 cals according to Adidas MiCoach - hooray!! It's soooo cool, tracks my route, pace, and elevation!! Just wanna do it again and again now though! Loved running outside. Hope it stays nice out so I can do it again sooN!

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • prettyfitchick
    Options
    Hey guys Hope all is Well
    D6W1 Seemed easy for me but not my teenage (17) jogging partner he normally is a few steps in front of me and today he was a few steps behind me W1D1 he was telling me come on LIsa you can do it and Today i was the one saying come on Doug you can do it Felt good for me to be able to be on the giveing end of our support system but I know he will quickly improve