C25K Starting 8/8- Open group for encouragement!

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Yip still doing 5k regular on treadmill as it's cold and wet outside. (I'm a dry weather runner lol.) I do get outside sometimes if it's dry but still find it hard on the road. Hopefully next spring/summer i might find somewhere to do trails. You're doing fab though Jenny. :happy:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Totally excited about my workout last night and thought I'd share.

I usually do intervals on my own on the treadmill when I train, but I happened to choose a LifeFitness treadmill at the gym last night, rather than the one that is in my usual spot. I was pleased that there was a speed interval button on it. I really blasted calories and felt like I got a better workout by using. I finally hit the 15 mile a minute pace by alternating between 4 and 5mph.

Shannon
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    I've decided not to stick to the C25k training schedule anymore, as I can't be as consistant as I would like. I know, 2 more weeks and I would be there! Lol, I'm not giving up on running though, I'm just doing it more at my own pace now. Still honestly, this program helped me so much!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing a fantastic job with their training. Keep up the good work during the holidays!

I'm planning on doing a 2.8 mile adventure race this spring/summer in central PA. I've done two 5Ks prior, but now I'm upping the ante and doing strength training another 5K training program to make sure I'm fit enough for it.

I've decided for the strength portion to use the Spartain Virgin weightlifting training guide. I've been doing it for two weeks already and already feel toned, regardless of the Thanksgiving feast!:-D

Shannon
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    hey guys finally made to w9d2 it was super hard on me due to the cold my legs felt like they were going to cramp I know can do it aince i did day 1 with no probblems the weather was a bit mild then though
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    mizzladylisa- you're almost done! :-) oh yeah! congratulations!

linbee- do what you need to do. the schedule is only a guideline! :-)

mags- thanks so much for the encouragement! you're doing great!

shannon- YEAH! sounds like you're doing great too! strength training is SO important for runners! i neglect it too often, but i know i need it!
  • j_courter
    Options
    by the way, i found a treadmill... just have to get hubby to pick it up! :-) wahooo!!! still, ran in the snow today. only 1.5 miles, but i averaged 9 minute miles, so that's pretty exciting!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just printed off the schedule for C25K, and I think that I can do it. I've been wanting to work up to running again. I used to be able to run in my 20's. Now, I always feel like I'm going to explode. I'm also waiting for the sign up period for a local group in Memphis, and I want to get myself in shape so I can hang in there with the best of them. :flowerforyou:
  • j_courter
    Options
    td- i can't speak for the group, but i'd be happy to encourage you as you begin your running journey. feel free to add me as a friend.

having said that, you may be able to find a c25k group that started more recently and you'll all be close to the same week (at least for awhile...). most of us are already finished so while we can encourage you along the way, the commiseration is not as fun. ;-)
  • j_courter
    Options
    Okay, when I started this post it darn near killed me to run 90 seconds at a time. I would like to share that I am now running an average of 40 minutes a day 4-5 days a week!!! i've gone as long as and hour and 15 minutes! if you've thought about giving c25k a try, go for it!!!! i never thought i'd be able to run, let alone enjoy it, but here i am... lovin' it!