DITR Round4 Week4

Options

Replies

• Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have set a longer term mini goal - my walking half marathon in October.
    my shorter term goal is a weight loss target orgionally it was to get to 175 by my birthday
    but that was pushing it, so it has been re-set to a more realistic 185 by begining of september.
    I have a lot to loose so I need a more reachable target to keep me motivated.

I haven't been able to do all the fitness I would like to over the last few weeks but I really want to get back
    to trying the 30DS as that was helping the waist and upper body, although the knees where suffering abit.
    I am hoping now I have lost a little more and am definatly a little bit fitter that it might be better on the knees this time
    around.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Then last night I finally purchased an HRM - I have had one in my amazon shopping cart forever and couldn't make myself jump on it because of the cost but I finally decided I am now pushing my workouts to a level where I don't feel comfortable with just the estimates. My training session on Sat must have been super intense because I was STARVING all weekend - but I have no idea how many calories I really needed to eat so I kind of just let myself pig out (I mean not totally but I might not have eaten a deficit those days).

Hope you love the HRM - I use mine every workout and do find it helpful! Do know there are some workouts (like my runs) that I actually use the MFP estimate over my HRM to keep things on the conservative side!
  • pverbarg
    Options
    Suggestions for the challenge moving forward
    I'm open to any of the ideas put forward - I'm another one who likes longer, but will just sign up for multiple rounds!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Live, from my place of employment (shh!) the 08/08 QOTD is:

What is your next mini goal or what mini-goal system do you have in place for yourself? how do you reward yourself for reaching minigoals? (A feeling of accomplishment counts).

I decided when I started this that all of my rewards would be pampering as I very rarely indulge.

I agree with this statement. I very rarely indulge, usually from lack of funds and feelings of guilt. A couple of month's ago I made a very detailed list of my rewards when I met mini goals of 5lbs. However, I have not met any of those mini goals, because I would lose a couple of pounds then put it right back on. I need to revise my list because most of it is expensive, and I wouldn't be able to afford it. Like a massage or a big shopping trip. But I will work out the details and share it later.

I mentioned before that I think the rounds should be longer. If 8 weeks is too long for some, how about 6 weeks? I just think 4 weeks is too short to get to know everyone and to accomplish bigger goals. I also like the idea of having weekly challenges. I think it would give us an extra push we need. I also agree when someone said that if we need replacements, we can go through are current MFP friends, instead of finding random people to fill in. Another idea, is that we also communicate with the other diamond groups in the league. It doesn't really feel like we have been competing against anyone else. And I think using the percentage system for wins is more accurate. We are all vary in size, so 3 lbs for me is not the same % wise as 3 lbs for someone bigger or smaller.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Oh and Lustris, you are doing a fantastic job!!! And if you ever need any help, just let me know. I would be happy to assist you in any way.
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    WOOHOO! WTG Partner sistermoooon!!!! another 5 pounds lost!

Blue team, you rock! Nice job!

Congratz to all the Diamonds in the Rough!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    It is Tameko's day for QOTD, but I wanted to ask all you Diamonds something!

If you could change or add one thing into the Diamond Challenge, what would it be?:flowerforyou:

hey diamonds,

I would add weekly challenges...whether it be fitness related or nutrition related..examples...set calorie burn goal for the week and check in with stats each day...water goals, drinking 64 oz, or fiber goal or protein goal, etc..I think that helps for daily check in and pushes competition as well.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I'm so sorry for the delay I forgot today is my QOTD.

Tuesday QOTD: Do you have any NSV (non scale victory) since starting your new weightloss journey?

For me, it was putting on a size 18 dress for the first time in 8 years. This was very exciting and a bigger motivator to go to the next level :smile:
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Live, from my place of employment (shh!) the 08/08 QOTD is:

What is your next mini goal or what mini-goal system do you have in place for yourself? how do you reward yourself for reaching minigoals? (A feeling of accomplishment counts).

I've stopped with the weight loss mini goals/reward as I have done in the past..
    now my goals are related to things that I can control at all times such as calorie burn goals, workout days goals. days under calories goals, etc.. rewards are usually spa related or fitness related.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTTD 08/08 : My next mini goal is to lose 30lbs by my birthday. I start doing the Zone Manhattan delivery service next week. I've heard great things about this so I'm praying I can stick with it. I just need the extra help with the food thing.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: Do you have any NSV (non scale victory) since starting your new weightloss journey?

donating a total of three sizes of clothing (one size at a time) that are too big! :heart:
    tying my shoes without having to suck in my tummy
    painting my toenails with ease
    shopping and actually enjoying it!
    running
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi i know that i've been MIA lately but i'm back.

Monday: What is your next mini goal or what mini goal system do you have for yourself? How do you reward yourself for reaching mini goals?

This is a hard question i havent really got any mini goals at the moment i dont really know what to do... i've always been an all or nothing girl. Which is pretty bad.
  • hwilliams519
    Options

This time around, not yet. My clothes are still snug and I haven't lost any inches yet. But I'm really looking forward to it!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I'm so sorry for the delay I forgot today is my QOTD.

I've had quite a few. I'm back in size 18 clothes again. I can feel my collarbones cant see them yet but they are there and my feet are looking freakishly veiny.
  • CaptObvious
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: Do you have any NSV (non scale victory) since starting your new weight loss journey?

A few ... increased fitness and better fitting clothes, especially.
  • pverbarg
    Options

half the clothes I own no longer fit (and the ones that do did not fit when I started!)... Ran 10 miles on Saturday (slow but did it!). Oh - and when I worked out with PT this morning, I was able to do sit ups (after doing them already on the lower rungs) on the top rung of the incline bench and was able to get on and off the bench without help! I could not even get on the bench 12 weeks ago at that height let alone do a sit up while hanging nearly upside down! (not excited about that one!):flowerforyou:
  • hwilliams519
    Options

half the clothes I own no longer fit (and the ones that do did not fit when I started!)... Ran 10 miles on Saturday (slow but did it!). Oh - and when I worked out with PT this morning, I was able to do sit ups (after doing them already on the lower rungs) on the top rung of the incline bench and was able to get on and off the bench without help! I could not even get on the bench 12 weeks ago at that height let alone do a sit up while hanging nearly upside down! (not excited about that one!):flowerforyou:

Way to go! 10 miles is a lot. I'm very proud of you! And way to go on the smaller clothes too! I can't wait until I drop a size.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

not yet...but I'm DESPERATLY looking forward to wearing a size 14 jeans for the first time in years...I'm still quite a few inches off...but that WILL be the next NSV for me :love:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options

It is rewarding to see the numbers on the scale go down, but NSV's are so much more fun-- LOVE them!!!

I could not run around the block 6 months ago but can now run 3 miles without stopping.
    My clothes don't fit and neither do my smaller clothes that I purchased as a reward for losing weight.
    I have A chin.
    I found my collarbone!
    The cute bag boy flirted with me tonight.
    I don't snore anymore (more of a victory for my husband, kids, and anyone in a hotel room next to ours).
    I can bend over and shave my legs without gasping for air.
    I spent 2 days in my swimsuit at waterparks without being self-conscious.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Hmmm.. Lost enough that I can put on size 12 dress pants (i could do the jeans first and now the dress pants - although the dress pants I have to pull them closed but they aren't too uncomfortable). That was pretty good.

Lost the little fat pudges on my lower thighs (the above the knee fat) even though my upper thighs are still fat and my thighs are super muscular - if you do it right walking is seriously the BEST exercise.

Also backfat looks sooo much better. my back in general is really strong relative to before. Also mostly walking! (focusing hard on good posture when I walk)