DITR Round4 Week4

Options

Replies

• Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: Do you have any NSV (non scale victory) since starting your new weightloss journey?

It's a little silly but I went to the restroom at work and pulled down my britches without unfastening them. They're work/dress trousers so they have the hook and a button at the waist. I thought 'Wow!' and when I looked in the mirror I saw my unflattering saggy britches butt. I've since given the trousers away to Goodwill but I strutted around the rest of the afternoon.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I'm so sorry for the delay I forgot today is my QOTD.

Tuesday QOTD: Do you have any NSV (non scale victory) since starting your new weightloss journey?

For me, it was putting on a size 18 dress for the first time in 8 years. This was very exciting and a bigger motivator to go to the next level :smile:
    I would have to say the confidence I have found in myself. I love the fact that I can run! Sounds a little silly but for years I made up excuses not to get out there but now I almost feel yucky when I don't get to take my morning jog.
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    half the clothes I own no longer fit (and the ones that do did not fit when I started!)... Ran 10 miles on Saturday (slow but did it!). Oh - and when I worked out with PT this morning, I was able to do sit ups

Impressive progress!! Keep it up!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options

It's a little silly but I went to the restroom at work and pulled down my britches without unfastening them. They're work/dress trousers so they have the hook and a button at the waist. I thought 'Wow!' and when I looked in the mirror I saw my unflattering saggy britches butt. I've since given the trousers away to Goodwill but I strutted around the rest of the afternoon.

Haha! I love this! Way to go partner :flowerforyou:

As for me, I will have to say it would be how my clothing fits as well. I've gone from a size 20 pant to a size 16 and today I found out I have gone from a 3x to a 1x in tops. I'm super surprised by this because I do have a lot to lose, and have only lost 30lbs of it so far. I guess I should of started taking my measurements when I started!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions so far ladies! There are definitely a couple we will be implementing in Round 5!! :flowerforyou:
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I managed to do 5 pushups in a row. I have never been able to do this as I did not have the upper body strength to keep my mass off the ground! Doing my 30ds video in front of my sister the other day I decided I couldn't let her see me just give up right off the bat so I pushed myself to do as many as possible and... voila... 5 lady style pushups.
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD :

My NSV happened yesterday! I was out with some friends and one of them went "I hate you because your skinny"

Oviously she doesnt hate me - figure of speech, and i dont even care if she was just saying it to be nice, because it put me in a good mood for the rest of the day

AND the same day i went swimming and some lad went "WOAH, you've got a great little six pack there"

Felt good :D
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    QOTD Wed 8/10: We are often inspired or motivated by words. Will you please share your favorite quote, bible verse, prayer, song, joke, poem, or words of wisdom?

I have lots of favorites, so it's hard to narrow it down. But here is one that I remind myself of when I'm feeling down or weak:

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    Whoa! I can't believe I won for the Blue Team!!! Oh my gosh, I never win ANYTHING! Like not even a game of cards! :) Monday's QOTD: Mini goals? I did set one for myself that when I lost 20lbs I would buy myself an ipod shuffle so I have something to listen to when I go to the track everyday, instead of the traffic going by. And I made it last Friday!!!! Finally I have tunes!!!! And the only other mini goal is to be able to lose as MUCH as possible before I take the kids to Six Flags in Chicago on 8/22. I have very unhealthy anxiety over not being able to fit in the seats on the roller coasters. A HUGE fear of mine. Then after that, I guess I just want to reach that 100lb mark more than anything!!! And Tuesday's QOTD ties in nicely......NSV you ask??? Well.....My family and I went to a park in Green Bay, WI on Monday and they had a smaller roller coaster there and the "test seat" out in front before you got in line was too small for me. UGH. I had to smoosh my hips into it and sit sorta tilted. I was devastated. My sister said, no you can fit!! So I got in line, head my breath, had the normal butterflies from thinking I'm going on a roller coaster AND the knots in my stomach that I would have to turn around and get off the ride because I wasn't going to fit in the seat. But I FIT!!! And could buckle the belt and went on 4 times!!! I could never have done that 4 weeks ago. I also put on a pair of jeans and zipped and buttoned them up and whoa! I didn't have to lay on the bed to do it??!! I had to ask my son to look at the tag in back and tell me what brand and size I was wearing because I for sure thought I must have on some other pair. Nope, they were the size 16! I will pretty soon have to start buying new underwear since they are starting to get big and baggy. HAHA!!! So awesome!! I also have noticed that since the exercise I've been doing my periods are much lighter! (TMI? Maybe) And I don't cough as much. My lungs must be getting healthier. I've never smoked, but due to my high blood pressure and sleep apnea I used to cough all day long. Not any more!!!

Congrats to us all! So So glad I started this and found all you guys!!!
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    Wed QOTD : "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight"

Thinkng of getting that tatooed on me, just a bit too nervous!
  • CaptObvious
    Options
    QOTD Wed 8/10: We are often inspired or motivated by words. Will you please share your favorite quote, bible verse, prayer, song, joke, poem, or words of wisdom?

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Someone said to me yesterday that they didn't want to join my gym beacuse it is in a shopping complex and when you are on the treadmill people can see you throught the window and they stand and watch. To this I replied "who cares, let them watch. They are standing about doing nothing and I am working my *kitten* off!"

No one is going to make me feel inferior or bad about myself without my consent, and honestly I'm probably not going to allow it!
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Love Eleanor Roosevelt - she had so many great sayings and I'd actually already picked one of hers too which is in my office where I can see it all the time!

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain

Loved it Partner ;)
  • journey2size10
    Options

favorite motivational quote: tears will get you sympathy, sweat will get you results
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    My two favorites:

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -- Robert Collier

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -- Dr. Seuss
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Ummmmm...... Ain't no party like a west coast party?
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

and of COURSE my favorite horse quote :-)

A horse can lend its rider the speed and strength he or she lacks, but the rider who is wise remembers it is no more than a loan.
    ~ Pam Brown
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options

"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else,
    will affect It's successful outcome." ~ William James

"In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail." ~ Anonymous