Can you eat salads everyday.

Options
13»

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Instead of salad dressing, I have been putting 10 green olives in my salad, put lid on, shake it up and the olives move around and give the entire salad a little flavor. Win/win for me because I would have used dressing AND olives before.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Nope...The food police will come and arrest your *kitten*!

nocupcakes.jpg
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I eat salads a lot, almost every day. I use the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch dressing; it's delicious!! I also put avocado and other veges on it, along with some sunflower seeds and cheese. It sure beats a trip to McDonalds!!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    just remember lettuce is considered water not a veggie..that's where a lot of people get messed up. If you are talking about a real salad..your main ingredients will be extra veggies (carrots, onion, cabbage etc) and some added green for roughage.

So what your saying is.......

Lettuce counts as water?

Yes.
    Water is used to grow lettuce.
    Lettuce retains said water.
    Lettuce = water.

Wait, so by your logic: A cow drinks water. The water is used to build the muscle that becomes the beef that I just ate for lunch...so I should log that as water?
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I eat a salad EVERY day for lunch..it helps ensure that I get a ton of fruit and veggie servings for the day..in case I'm not so healthy later on. I always add things I like on them (avocado, veggie burgers, salmon) to make sure I like my lunch and I'm not dreading it. My favorite topping is to add grilled peppers & onion and vegan burger on lettuce w/ tomato & avocado. It's like a burger but filled with produce! I usually use red wine vinegar of mustard for dressing, no calories and health benefits. I always add spices too! Pepper, oregano, and chili pepper.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I could eat salads every day! I love them, and there are so many endless veggie/dressing combinations that I never get tired of them. :)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You should eat lots of vegetables daily.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I could. You just need to be creative with them so you don't get bored and have balanced meals. You can always add different meats, beans, nuts, seeds, fruit, cheese along with different vegetables and dressings.

The way some people eat them, without really adding anything and being scared of dressing... it wouldn't work. :tongue:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I couldnt do it. It would get boring.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    I can, and usually do. I love huge salads and don't find them boring at all. If you like them, eat them.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i eat salads everyday. not always with leafy greens, but chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms etc.

i love them. make me feel good
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Yes, be sure to measure your dressing though.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Ask your doctor.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat spinach (with onions, mushrooms, bell peppers) in my eggs everyday.
    For lunch I always have a mixed spinach and lettuce salad (with a mix of evoo and vinegar) along with whatever my leftovers are.
    For dinner I usually have another mixed spinach salad and just vinegar and salt and pepper as a side.

This ensures that I get my veggies and vitamins in easily!
    The plus of greens is it is low in cals and helps fill you up.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    there's no harm in eating salads everyday, however make sure you hit your calorie goal for the day i.e. 1200+ with or without the salads. They're often low in calories so they're really good as an appetizer before or with dinner or even as a snack. I opted to avoid salads as of late, they tend to make me hungrier even with protein thrown in lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    just remember lettuce is considered water not a veggie..that's where a lot of people get messed up. If you are talking about a real salad..your main ingredients will be extra veggies (carrots, onion, cabbage etc) and some added green for roughage.

So what your saying is.......

Lettuce counts as water?

Yes.
    Water is used to grow lettuce.
    Lettuce retains said water.
    Lettuce = water.

Wait, so by your logic: A cow drinks water. The water is used to build the muscle that becomes the beef that I just ate for lunch...so I should log that as water?

Metabolism creates water too. Hello never drinking again!
  • keden7
    keden7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eating salads everyday is not only good--It's great. It will not only help you lose weight, but will also help you keep all kinds of nasty diseases away like cancer or heart disease. Put some walnuts on top of your salad instead of croutons, or a bit of black beans for protein. Use a teaspoon or two of olive oil for dressing as it is super for heart protection (I like Bragg's Organic dressing). Can't beat it! I've lost quite a bit already, and that is through exercise and eating a lot of dark, leafy green vegetables and bright, colorful veggies. They fill you up, too. Just make sure you are keeping to your caloric goals and you will get there. Have patience!