Chips for Salsa?

Options
I found a recipe online for salsa that I want to try but looking for the best kind of salsa chips to eat with it. Any suggestions? Salsa recipe is below :)

3 medium tomatoes, cored and quartered
1 jalapeno, stem removed and roasted
3-4 small cloves garlic
2 tbsp cilantro
3-4 tbsp water
1 tsp olive oil
salt to taste
In a blender, add tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, and water and pulse a few times until completely smooth. Add oil to a deep skilled, then pour in mix. Season with salt and simmer uncovered for about 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally. makes about 1 1/2 cups.

Replies

• futurekilousky
    Options
    I like Garden of Eatin's Blue Chips. Organic and about 140 cal for 15 chips!
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices!! Or celery sticks or sliced bell peppers :D
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I use the Baked Tostito Scoops. :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options

Veggies always go great with homemade salsa. So does mixing it in cottage cheese
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    melba toast!!!
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Veggies always go great with homemade salsa. So does mixing it in cottage cheese

ZOMG yes!!! I *love* mixing cottage cheese with salsa and eating it with cucumber slices. I have that as a snack at least a couple of times every week. Soooo good!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options

I was totally gonna say that!! Or carrots, or just mix it with some corn and pour over fish or chicken!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    El Milagro Homestyle Corn tortilla chips, Yumm, not sure what the calories are on that though??
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I use the Baked Tostito Scoops. :)

ditto :)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Carrots instead of chips!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    We just bought a strawberry salsa at the farmers market. I am thinking of adding it to my salad tomorrow.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mine with Cheddar Cheese Quakes, you can fit a lot of salsa on 1, they have tons of crunch, and I feel satisfied with just a few so I can really control the calories when I eat them.
  • hotcouponmama
    Options
    Thats almost my salsa recipe! Except i dont roast the garlic, just peel and toss it in the blender. I add a little lemon juicr(the bottled stuff is fine). About the chips... we like Snyders of Hanover (you know the pretzel makers) restaurant style tortilla chips. Very tasty and low in fat.perfect for dipping. Not sure where u live but Publix carries them.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Organic Blue Corn tortilla chips. The brand I get is actually our supermarket store brand (Meijer) but they're really good.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Why do you need olive oil in salsa?
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I buy corn tortillas, cut and bake them myself, yummo!
  • hotcouponmama
    Options
    Why do you need olive oil in salsa?
    That step gives it a roasted flavor. Only a teaspooon of olive oil for the whole recipe. I sometimes skip that part and just serve it after the blender.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    tostitos baked scoops

Or take low-carb, low-calorie flour tortillas, cut into eighths, and bake until crispy
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You really don't need oil for a good salsa. And REAL salsa is raw, never cooked. ;)
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some above me commented about bell peppers - My favorite. !!