So you've lost weight - who cares?

Options
Seriously though - who cares?

Who is taking notice of your new body, new lifestyle and the new you? What nice things are they saying about you? What do you like about the new you?

Please share for some motivation...

Replies

• jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just about an hour ago, a colleague at work yells across the room, "Hey, have you lost weight? You look thinner." He's been on vacation for 3 weeks, and noticed when he got back. Kinda nice, but I'm doing this for Me!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Me, myself and I!!!!!!!! :)

My family is starting to notice. I saw my aunt yesterday whom I haven't seen in a few weeks and she was like "oh, you're losing weight, keep going you are looking great"! Also it makes me feel sexier, happier, and a goal to reach!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    No one cares or notices. I have usually been smaller then them as it is, so they probably think i am just showing off. I used to be 130lb 4 years ago went up to 159lb this year and now i am about 141lb so i guess it really isnt hat big of a deal. Especially since 7 years ago i was 215lb pregnant.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I care - I only have one body & one life
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went to the beach...for the first time in 4 years, I wore a two piece. I felt amazing, and my friends told me I looked amazing. My mom and her co-worker this morning told me that I looked pretty and lost a lot of weight. And then, my friends who I haven't seen in months told me I looked awesome. It feels amazing! <3

:)
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I was walking my dog at lunch and my neighbor said "girl look at you, you're losing weight aren't you". I said yes and thank you for noticing. I'm doing this for me. That's the only person we all should be doing this for......ourselves.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I've had work colleagues notice but my favourite is when I saw my college roommate from a year ago and her eyes opened wide and her mouth dropped and she was like you look absolutely fantastic! And because Ive only lost about half of whta I want that made me feel motivated to keep going cuz I can only imagine how I'll look in the end :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I care! I want to feel better aabout myself.
  • megandurden
    megandurden Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My 11 yr old daughter has notified and is modeling her eating habits after mine. MAJOR KUDOS to me! :)
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My whole family notices and now my friends are too!! I saw a friend/neighbor at her job a few weeks ago.. and her fiance was there too.. even he said "wow, you look great!".. Its nice to hear. :)
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend sent me an email in work today, just to say how proud of me he is as we both started doing 30 day shred and I have been doing it for the past 8 days and he quit :) This made me smile on the inside :)
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My husband and daughter have both noticed and commented. One of the trainers at the gym this morning even commented that it looks as if I'm starting to lose.
    I am doing this for me, but it's nice to have other people notice.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I care.... my parents are no longer afraid that I'm going to die before them. My Dad hugs me so hard now and calls me "skinny minnie" and he smiles... it makes it all worthwhile. They are the reason I decided to change my life -- and SAVE my life!

In the last 4 years --- quit smoking cold turkey (after 25+ years), lost 120 pound (regained 15 and back on a losing trend), reversed my diabetes, off all medication, joined a gym, addicted to zumba, walked in the Susan G Komen 3-Day (60 miles) last year and again in 2 weeks... dating again, can out walk my dogs and feel better than I did it high school and I'm almost 50!

Wish I had this revelation 20 years ago.... I'm sure my life would be very different.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My 11 yr old daughter has notified and is modeling her eating habits after mine. MAJOR KUDOS to me! :)

This is one of the most important reasons!!! Childhood obesity is epidemic and it all starts at home..
    Kudos to you for being such a great role model! Your daughter will be sooooo thankful someday!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    most people don't care.

However my significant other said I'm "getting abs" and a few friends call me "the most fit person they know"

But, I do it for myself. So if others don't notice or care, it doesn't bother me.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    My whole family notices this stuff. I was raised in a family full of women that were always worried about their weight. My sister told be yesterday (after not seeing me for 2 months) how flat my stomach is getting since I've started working out. Of course, I've noticed this too.

I've made a conscious effort to stop hating on my body. I'm more comfortable with my body now than I was in my skinnier dancing days. So, YAY for new confidence!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for myself. I set myself a goal to be a certain size and shape by the time I hit 40. I have one year to go. I didn't want to rush myself and be unhealthy with it. I have changed just about everything concerning my work outs and eating habits. I want to grow younger as I get older :) I see my parents who are constantly saying how old they are and feel and I don't want to be like that at their age. They are both overweight and do not ever exercise. I want to be able to do anything I want to do and not have limits on life.
  • crazyears
    Options
    No one cares or notices. I have usually been smaller then them as it is, so they probably think i am just showing off. I used to be 130lb 4 years ago went up to 159lb this year and now i am about 141lb so i guess it really isnt hat big of a deal. Especially since 7 years ago i was 215lb pregnant.

I totally agree! I have a lot of people that seemed to enjoy my weight gain and would frequently comment on it. I have lost almost 20lbs total and gone down 2 pant sizes and not one of these people has had anything to say about it.
    I am doing this for myself and that is the reason that I will succeed.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My kids who say they are glad they can hug me now. My wife who says the sex is better, and last longer. My friends who ask me for weight loss advice. My gym, who is getting monthly dues from me. My grocer who gets more money from me for healthy foods. My clothes which are glad they do not have to stretch to the max when I put them on. And me...for caring enough about myself to make healthy choices daily.

Who is upset? Merck and Phizer because I no longer have to purchase their blood pressure and cholesterol medications regularly.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    My husband notices but has only said something once. He's also lost weight but wasn't exercising or anything so it's bull****! My mother and grandmother are the only other people that have noticed, and they both think I'm skinny. ha!! I love the way they think.