HGC Drops, Anyone tried and results GOOD OR BAD ?

Options
124»

Replies

• bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not supporting your ideas.
    The best "cure" for being fat are 2 things:
    - eat healthy (lots of vegs, fruits etc.)
    - exercise

The only thing i did to loose weight were these 2 countermeasures.
    Try to avoid all processed carbs, work out and eat reasonable and you will be fine.

bingo. i get the "oh my gosh! what diet are you on???" question frequently. number one: exercise 6 days a week, and keep it somewhat varied. number two: track every morsel that i eat. every tablespoon, teaspoon, and fistful of good and plentys. and stay within recommended healthful diet guidelines. that's it. u know, diet and exercise actually works. go figure. and sometimes i'm crappy at it all. but i still log it. because on days when i lose a pound, i need the little history to look back and say "ahhh--perfection was not required. that's manageable". probably seemed like it was "fast" to outsiders looking on, but it wasn't. it's one or one and a half pounds a week. and some weeks zero pounds. but next year comes whether i take care of me or not, so might as well take care of me.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Bottom line - there are going to be critics with many weight loss choices so you have to make the decision for yourself but it really does work without any side effects at all. I can tell you that many people scoffed at me for trying it but it's just a short term thing and you wouldn't want to follow it for too long, but it helps sometimes to see a bit of immediate results but for it to last, obvious life style changes including good diet and exercise and the key for the long haul. I hope that helps.....

Where are the critics of a healthy diet of whole foods and exercise?
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've tried it (And now wish I hadn't...)
    I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks (I could not continue on with the diet, I was STARVING after 2 weeks)
    I quickly gained it all back and then some.

I later joined my fitnesspal. It's taken 4 months, but I've lost 16 pounds and am much happier :D
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You must be new here. d'awwwww
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Both my son and I tried HCG and it worked wonderfully. However, you have to be very disciplined about the food protocol and drink lots and lots of water. Before I started them, I was on a 1,200 calorie diet tracking it here and after watching my son lose 30 pounds in a relatively short amount of time, I decided to try it just to get off a good amount and then got off and went back to a low calorie, healthy diet. During HCG, I would lose 1-2 pounds per day and would have some days with nothing at all, which was fine. With any kind of diet, you can and will gain back weight if you don't continue with a healthy life style. With HCG I never counted calories, I just followed a food protocol my son gave me. So for breakfast, I had 1/2 cup of cherrios and 1/2 cup of non-fat milk OR 1 egg and 50 calorie piece of bread. Then for both lunch and dinner it was 5 oz of protein, 1 cup of veggies, and 1 cup of fruit. There is a list of acceptable foods for these categories. We got pretty creative with seasonings and the food was actually great and I would feel full. I just missed things like chips and cookies, etc. etc. I LOVE chips and salsa and cheese and chocolate. I still avoid eating too many empty foods and just allow myself cheats every so often and in smaller quantities.

Bottom line - there are going to be critics with many weight loss choices so you have to make the decision for yourself but it really does work without any side effects at all. I can tell you that many people scoffed at me for trying it but it's just a short term thing and you wouldn't want to follow it for too long, but it helps sometimes to see a bit of immediate results but for it to last, obvious life style changes including good diet and exercise and the key for the long haul. I hope that helps.....

I don't know if you had a different plan or what, but the one my relatives followed for this diet was *MUCH* stricter. I don't know if that matters but it seems worth mentioning. They were allowed 2 apples per day, 1 cup of black coffee, 2 liters of water, 2 (4 oz) servings of approved protein, and 2 (4 oz.) servings of a single veggie (no starch ones like potatoes, green beans, or corn. No mixing more than once veg together) No seasonings or sauces with any calorie or sodium content were allowed. So it seems like they must have done a different version than you.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    So what were your lifts and min/mile for runs like when on HCG? Oh wait....
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OKAY are the women or men that are getting sick or dying from this HGC diet already skinny and need to lose 10-30 lbs or are they large size ppl that need to lose more then 50 lbs. I could see how on a regular/small size person this could be dangerous, but when your very heavy (obese) I'm thinking the weight might be more of a health risk than the drops. I'm just wondering if the being obese overweighs the side effects as far as health wise? Does anyone know of a Heavy person having bad side effects from the drops that did continue the 1200 calorie and exercise after the drops? I've been exercising and dieting on 1200 calories a day and barely losing 1-2 lbs a month :( I mean what else can I do?

I did the HCG for that very reason. I was/am heavy and have had two back surgeries, had gall bladder surgery, pre-diabetic, and high cholesterol ( all within the last 5 years, but most last year). I thought I could try the HCG and lose some quick pounds first and then adapt new ways of eating since the food intake while doing HCG is so strict and different from my norm. I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks. The first three days were horrible... headaches and hungry. After that, smooth rolling, until I got seafood poisoning from canned crab meat. Thought I was dying.
    I love to research things and those who support HCG say that it uses up the bodies "mobile fat" along with the 500 calorie intake to fuel the body. I do not claim to know whats truth and BS, but I can say what happened to me. I lost 20 pounds fast, got sick and threw me off whack, gained it all back and then some, and now doing it the healthy way with MFP while 3 bottles of HCG sit in my medicine cabinet. I feel so much better just eating right and exercising, with a sense of accomplishment even though I've only lost 7 pounds. Google the zig zag method of calorie counting and see if you think it might help you. I am just about to give it a try. Good luck on your journey and remember... slow wins the race :-)
  • lilqtwbotkam3
    lilqtwbotkam3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I tried HCG back in Nov-Dec of 2010 and I had amazing results. I did the 25 day protocol and lost 30lbs and have kept it all off except 5lbs! It is very hard, but if your dedicated it works. After the first week or 2 it gets very easy and if you have a good support system to help you stay on it it helps a lot. I would recommend it if you are really dedicated to doing it if not it really is hard. The only side effects I experianced was a few headaches the first couple weeks which I was surprised because I am prone to them. Let me know if you have any questions about it or how I did it! And if you decide to do it good luck : )!!
  • dkannenberg
    Options
    Be proud of the 18lbs you have lost, that is a great accomplishment. As it was said in an earlier post, you didn't gain it overnight. Give yourself time, it will pay it off in the end! Great job.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My sister ended up in the emergency room with a gall bladder attack which she attributes to taking the drops. She didn't want to tell a doctor she took them because she didn't want them to get on her about it. Sound familiar when you know you are doing something wrong? She decided to stop taking them and try healthy eating. Plus she put back on over 10 pounds right away after losing about 30 or so.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OKAY are the women or men that are getting sick or dying from this HGC diet already skinny and need to lose 10-30 lbs or are they large size ppl that need to lose more then 50 lbs. I could see how on a regular/small size person this could be dangerous, but when your very heavy (obese) I'm thinking the weight might be more of a health risk than the drops. I'm just wondering if the being obese overweighs the side effects as far as health wise? Does anyone know of a Heavy person having bad side effects from the drops that did continue the 1200 calorie and exercise after the drops? I've been exercising and dieting on 1200 calories a day and barely losing 1-2 lbs a month :( I mean what else can I do?

My FiL was started on the HCG injections by a weight loss clinic. He was morbidly obese and told that he would die if he didn't get the weight off. He buys the shots at $130 for a 40 day supply. He does the regimen, loses weight. Then as soon as he starts his transition back to regular food he gains everything back immediately, despite following protocol. He's been through 8 rounds and finally the clinic has cut him off (not because they were concerned but because the FDA is investigating them). His doctor says he's in worse shape than ever from the constant yo-yoing. I can't believe that the weight loss clinic didn't work with him on a long term plan. They just cut him loose. His metabolism is now screwed-- he can't eat anything with any kind of refined sugar in it without gaining weight. He's not even losing weight with the shots anymore unless he eats nothing but apples. He's lost a ton of hair, and he's no better off from the diet. His wallet is considerably lighter though.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

With respect,
    wenders123
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.