Any londonders our here??

Options
13»

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    theye were looting behind my house i saw them climb through windows, they need to get the army in!

Well I hope you stay safe :)
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i cant beleive whats happening i live near brixton and i remember the riots a number of years ago but this is so much more out of control and its so scary ,im watching the news and feel so sorry for all the people whos houses and businesses have been destroyed.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    theye were looting behind my house i saw them climb through windows, they need to get the army in!

OMG - stay safe

Theres simply too much for the police to cope with at one time, the news are saying there was no police presence in areas but what can they do if they are already dealing with trouble in another area. Its complete mayhem
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    My best friend just had to evacuate her house in purley. They live above a shop that's been looted. This is awful.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My best friend just had to evacuate her house in purley. They live above a shop that's been looted. This is awful.

I live like 10mins from Croydon and 5mins from Purley. This is too scary now! I heard they evacuated the area at about 8 o'clock and closed all the shops / pubs / restaurants and sent everyone home from work early to avoid the riots. But I heard they closed the roads too :cry: its no good - they cant be stopped! I live above a gastro pub too!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just had my Tesco food shopping delivered this morning - that come from Tesco in Purley! Its a good thing i didnt book it a day later because I heard Tesco has been trashed and ASDA in Sutton is on fire so I could have starved (I literally had nothing left but butter lol). I was just txting my mate aswell, we meet up every 3 months because we was besties in college - we was supposed to go shopping in Croydon tomorrow! I said thank god that didnt happen while we were there! Apparently Pizza hut and debenhams employers in Croydon are locked inside the staff offices, too scared to come out onto the streets to get home!

Edit: how lovely! The police in Croydon looted booze from a local off license and are all sitting around getting pissed - nice!
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm from north london and at the moment its just sirens going off, activity seems to be around the waltham cross area from what i can gather
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm in West London, not too far from Ealing :(
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in West London, not too far from Ealing :(

Stay safe hun
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    An American keeping you folks in her thoughts! Stay safe guys.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Just cycled into the office, through Clapham. It's quiet on the streets this morning... almost too quiet!
    Be careful out there this evening folks.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Just cycled into the office, through Clapham. It's quiet on the streets this morning... almost too quiet!
    Be careful out there this evening folks.

Make sure you stay safe on your way home
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Make sure you stay safe on your way home

Aye Cheers - Planning on doing a little detour home Today :)