Eeeuuw, FISH!

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Salmon is really good for you!! It is loaded with Omega 3's.

I put the salmon in a dish, cover it in salt, pepper (or lemon pepper, yum!) a bit of water and let sit. When you are almost ready to cook, squeeze lemon in the water and swish around (I didnt follow this and partially cooked by fish with the acid from the lemon!!)

Then I cut it in 1" pieces, skewer them and gril them on the grill or broil them. If you put slices of onion, pepper, tomato(the best!) in between the filets, it keeps them more moist.

I eat this with rice or on a big salad!!

Low cal tartar.
    2 tablespoons LF Miracle Whip (salad dressing-or low fat mayo)
    1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon finely minced onion

Mix together and enjoy!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for sharing your recipes all....

I love fish but have never really known how to do anything more with it but broil it...which is yum....BUT......... :huh:

That 'Salmon Veggie Kabob broiled deal' sounds good Jeannie! Thanks for the idea.... :flowerforyou:
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    mimielle & arewethereyet,
    Thank you for the great recipes!!! I will so try the low cal tartar sauce hmm :bigsmile:
    I had salmon at a restaurant yesterday with rice and a salad. that was soooo nice.

:flowerforyou:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You can also coat the fish in finely chopped nuts and bake it in the oven. Same way as you would coat chicken in bread crumbs. Just an idea. My mom had done it a few times with different fishes and it was pretty dang good. No sauce needed.
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    You can also coat the fish in finely chopped nuts and bake it in the oven. Same way as you would coat chicken in bread crumbs. Just an idea. My mom had done it a few times with different fishes and it was pretty dang good. No sauce needed.

sounds yum! I just hope I manage to get the nuts to stick to that fish! :happy:
    Another one to try for sure.

Thanks!