Replies

• iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thisislarry
    thisislarry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my favorite, kind of a country pork stew. about 300 cals for 1/12 of this recipe, which is about a cup

3 cans of beans (14oz cans)
    3-4C onions, carrots, and/or potatoes, cubed

3/4 lb italian sausage, no casings
    1-1/2 lb pork butt cubed

3 cloves garlic, pressed
    3C chicken broth
    1/2t oregano, dried
    1/2t basil, dried

1. brown the meats -i brown the sausage first, then use the fat to brown the pork butt. drain off the fat if you must :)

2. put the beans, veggies, herbs in the bottom of the cooker

3. put the meats on top

4. add chicken broth to barely cover

5. cook on low for 7-8 hours. if you can, stir about 1/2way thru.

This make a nice hearty stew, good by itself, or over rice.
  • Maree_
    Maree_ Posts: 65
    Options
    The BBQ pulled chicken sounds delish but all the BBQ sauces i know of come in a bottle and very high in cals. (im from england) what BBQ sauce do you use?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The BBQ pulled chicken sounds delish but all the BBQ sauces i know of come in a bottle and very high in cals. (im from england) what BBQ sauce do you use?

I use Hunts original. You could always look into making your own bbq sauce too. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2355,154181-234206,00.html
  • cdstormer
    cdstormer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!!!!
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    2 pork tenderloin, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 cup red wine, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 packet onion soup mix, 3/4 cup of water = Awesome!!!

I have made that with onions instead of the onion soup mix and it doesn't get as salty, but either way....it is absolutely delicious!
  • twillhoi
    twillhoi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bg508
    bg508 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ok, I tried this recipe tonite but I did substitute beef for the venison. It was very tasty and very easy. I and my 2 kids loved it!