"I love you too"

Options
124»

Replies

• foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    All I can tell you is how I am...which doesn't mean, necessarily that the way your boyfriend is...is wrong.

First...when I love someone, I say it...or at least express it...every time I think it...which is every time she smiles at me, laughs at something I say, raises her eyebrow at some minor transgression I pulled off JUST to get her to raise her eyebrows like that...and the list goes on. As a matter of fact...saying it so much can be sort of lame...so, a kiss on the neck when she's cooking dinner, pulling her into my lap as she walks by to do something around the house...bringing her a drink when she's watching a movie, and making her kiss me in trade...these all become replacements for the words.

That being said...it takes a pretty incredible woman to make me fall in love.

Aww....that is really sweet! Why aren't there more guys like you?
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he loved me every phone conversation. He said it before bed and when he left the house. In fact the day he left me he said, "I love you. I'm just not in love with you" The words are not always what's important.

Cris, why is everything you post so sweet? You know how easily I cry!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I have always had a problem saying those three little words. Though i mean it....its just hard getting them out. Some people show love different ways. By giving gifts, spending time, saying things.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Flat out ask him, "why don't you say it unless I say it first?"
    Flat out tell him, "I want to you say it to me too".
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he loved me every phone conversation. He said it before bed and when he left the house. In fact the day he left me he said, "I love you. I'm just not in love with you" The words are not always what's important.

Cris, why is everything you post so sweet? You know how easily I cry!

Aww Karen! I don't mean to make you cry hun! I also wouldn't say I'm necessarily sweet. More...honest. I guess in todays world that's rarer than sweetness...and is often confused with it.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    LOVE IS IN THE AIR ....AAAAHHHHHHHH
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    LOVE IS IN THE AIR ....AAAAHHHHHHHH

Aw shucks. :blushing:
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I tell my wife I love her probably 10 times a day at least. She almost died from a brain tumor 3 years ago and I vowed not to take her for granted ever again. When you think about the possibility of losing the one you love and the possibility of them not knowing how much you actually love them, it makes you want to make sure they know often! So I tell her and show her in my actions everyday. Just my opinion and I know men are different like other people have said. But my thoughts are don't take your loved one's for granted because they might not be there tomorrow.

It's really confusing to see your profile pick (must be your wife) when you're a dude. FYI.

No that is me. I am female.

LOL She even said, "I know men are different" ...
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    well my husband used to say it all the time and i was the one that didnt rlly say it and now he kinda says it and its me saying it more often but i dont wear it out i say it not to get anything but because i truely mean it. and even when he is upset or jokingly says " no you dont" i rlly do and now because i didnt rlly say it in the begining i sometimes feel like he believes i say it just to make him happy which isnt true ..but i guess thats my fault
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been married 20 years and we have said "I love you" every day, even if sometimes it is followed by "I just dont like you very much right now".

My husband is a Law Officer and we never miss an opportunity to express our commitment and love to one another.When he walks out the door to work, we understand he could be hurt or injured every day. Our children know that we love each other and they express it often as well. We too have the made up sign language and our 9 year daughter has even discreetly "signed" us from stage during school programs.

My only suggestion would be to NOT set him up and test him the way you have been. He is going to get mad when he realizes you have been doing that and could accuse you of playing games. If he says I LOVE YOU first sometimes, just not every time, then I would chaulk it up to a personality trait. If he fails to say it EVER unless you say it, then you really need to talk to him. Sooner instead of Later.

Ps. On a positive note.. at least YOU are the person he is in bed with every night. ;-)