(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• BigReddHair
    Options
    I'm starting late...but I'm in!!! I gotta' look cute in a Halloween costume!

NAME: Bethany
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 169
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 155
    START PANTS SIZE: 10 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: calories, calories, calories
    DIET GOALS: less bingeing on the weekends
    EXERCISE GOALS: to run a 5k in under 35 minutes
    OTHER GOALS: I want my hips to be 38" by then!
    FUN FACT: My hair is NATURALLY red...but once I dyed it black...OOPS!
  • wijac10
    wijac10 Posts: 47
    Options
    NAME: Jantine
    HEIGHT: 5'9''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 134
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 128
    START PANTS SIZE: 6/8 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 4/6 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: CALORIES
    DIET GOALS: Eat at least 3 servings of fruits/veggies a day
    EXERCISE GOALS: to be able to run a mile without stopping
    OTHER GOALS: get my 10000 steps in a day (corporate challenge)
    FUN FACT: mmmmmmmm.... my first challenge on MFP?
  • tmpartington
    Options
    Also late but totally in, thanks for keeping it open!

NAME: Tracey
    HEIGHT: 5'2.5''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 142
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 130
    START PANTS SIZE: 8p/10p (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 6p/8p (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: counting calories, 130g protein/day and lots of fruit and veggies
    DIET GOALS: stay away from the bakery counter for good (except bdays and holidays of course)
    EXERCISE GOALS: run a second 5K this fall, improve my Danskin Tri time by 15 minutes next summer
    OTHER GOALS: get stronger by adding weight training
    FUN FACT: I'm pretty good at almost everything I try but I'm not great at anything
  • JJINQUEENS
    Options
    I love it - and perfect timing for me too, it's the month of my birthday by which I'd hoped to be a size down.
    Name: JJ
    Height: 5'3"
    Start weight for challenge: 142.3
    Goal weight for challenge: 133.3
    Goal weight overall: (I added this) 120
    Start pants size: 10
    Goal pants size: 6
    Follow any special diet: Not yet - need to choose a plan. OK, counting calories!
    Diet goals: Stop. Eating. Crap. Pack a lunch every day.
    Exercise goals: Walk daily
    Other goals: Drink water
    Fun Fact: I pole dance for fun!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members! We have quite a few challengers now, which makes me super-happy!

:happy: :flowerforyou: :happy: :smile: :wink: :love:
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I totally need some sort of group accountability or I am not as motivated. I'm going to play catch-up on the QOTD's after my stats.

NAME: Hilary
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 218
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 199
    START PANTS SIZE: 16/18 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14/16 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: the tasty kind
    DIET GOALS: less processed foods, not eating if i'm not hungry
    EXERCISE GOALS: move past week 4 in C25k
    OTHER GOALS: up the water intake (this is always my goal- still haven't mastered it), do something physical EVERY day (even a walk on "rest" days)
    FUN FACT: I am getting married in December (hey, it's fun for me!)

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?
    I LOVE to go hiking! I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when you get to the top of a trail and have this amazing view.

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?
    I did a Google search, haha. I checked it out, and sparkpeople and liked this one more.

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?
    I am getting married in December and have been SO unhappy in the past but never did anything about it. My new year's resolution was to get healthy, and my work was doing a biggest loser competition beginning in January, so I joined!

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?
    I have started drinking protein shakes after workouts- that's new for me. I've tried more veggies than I have ever eaten, and like most of them (including eggplant!)

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?
    Oh yikes, this summer vacation I have not been keeping myself on track. I do better when my day is structured and I can follow a pattern of work, gym, home.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Since the "Lose 15 lbs. by September" board has GONE DEAD, COUNT ME IN ON THIS CHALLENGE!!

NAME: Laura
    HEIGHT: 5'69'
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 160
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 148
    START PANTS SIZE: 8/10 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: reduce "bad" carbs
    DIET GOALS: curb night-time cravings
    EXERCISE GOALS: I'm a gym rat....so, this is a GOOD THING!
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere
    FUN FACT: I am Canadian!
  • liisav
    liisav Posts: 13
    Options
    QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?

I always pack my running shoes and workout clothes and I try to figure out ahead of time how I'm gonna fit in at least two workouts a week (as a starting point). I research gyms in the area if there are no good running routes (or even if there are). I recently ran from town to town in and back in Maine and that was a fun way to explore the area - you see so much more on foot.

I eat oatmeal for breakfast if there is nothing else I like, even in restaurants. For lunch and dinner I eat salads with some sort of protein if there is nothing else that looks healthy on the menu - this leaves room for a daily vacation treat or two.
  • jsmadison
    jsmadison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, this sounds like fun. Count me in!

NAME: Janet
    HEIGHT: 5'3''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 208
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 199
    START PANTS SIZE: 16/18 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14/16 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: counting calories
    DIET GOALS: Learn moderation
    EXERCISE GOALS: Add strength training 2 days/week
    OTHER GOALS: cook more
    FUN FACT: I watch Phineas and Ferb even if my son isn't home!
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I try to get some exercise in - even if it's just walking. This summer on vacation I tried to swim some laps when in the pool with the kids. Also, I try not to eat too much or go too far off the deep end on desserts. I wasn't on MFP at the time of my vacation, so if I did go on a trip now I think I'd try to track my food so I don't go too far over my alloted calories.
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options

I try to get some type of exercise in no matter what. I will do leg lifts or tricep dips on a stable chair. I like to find a mall to walk around or any place to walk around. I will find anyway to figure out how to work out somewhere. While standing around I will do kicks front back and side.
  • beaner96
    Options
    I'm in!

NAME: Michelle
    HEIGHT: 5'8"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 250
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 235
    START PANTS SIZE: 14/16 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: counting calories
    DIET GOALS: 6 small meals, less takeout/drive-through
    EXERCISE GOALS: keep increasing cycling mileage, get to the gym 4 days/week
    FUN FACT: This is my first challenge!
  • stinehur
    stinehur Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    NAME: Michelle
    HEIGHT: 5'3"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 177
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE: 13 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 9 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: counting calories, NOT eating out.
    DIET GOALS: cooking more, eating fewer processed foods, reducing meat intake
    EXERCISE GOALS: to run a 5k in under 30 minutes
    OTHER GOALS: To be able to live a more active lifestyle
    FUN FACT: I love to dance!
  • pamport
    pamport Posts: 1
    Options
    hi my name is Anne
    Im not new to myfitnesspal i have started last year August @ 233lbs and lost about 33lbs however when people started to notice me i became too proud and felt im thin i started to eat beyond control again...now Im back with 209lbs

I want to join the challenge and have more friends here

NAME: Anne
    HEIGHT: 5'4''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 202lbs
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 185lbs
    START PANTS SIZE: 18/20 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: no rice and counting calories!
    DIET GOALS: less sugar less sodium less fried
    EXERCISE GOALS: to rum 5km
    FUN FACT: love to experiment in cooking
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    I love this!! I was feeling left out too!

NAME: Patricia
    HEIGHT: 5'5''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 202
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 188
    START PANTS SIZE: 16 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: nope, just better than what got me to 202!
    DIET GOALS: Fill up on vegetables, get my sugar fix from fruit, eat more protein
    EXERCISE GOALS: to get in a good habit of exercising, instead of waiting "until tomorrow"
    OTHER GOALS: I want my clothes to fit better. I do NOT want to go up another size. The next time I buy new clothes, they better be smaller!!
    FUN FACT: My childhood nickname was Cow Patty. My parents love me, don't they?
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Anne - I can't count the number of times I've done the same thing! Which is why I first found MFP at 177 pounds and am now at 202! :) Looks like we have just about the same weight goal! We can totally do this right?
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon Fitties!!! :heart:

I hope that you are all having fabulous days! Remember to EXERCISE today if you can, and to eat as healthy as possible. :flowerforyou: We wanna be FIT BY OCTOBER, right?

Anyway, I am going to do another QOTD! Also, I had a fun idea. Private Message me or post on my page a QOTD of your own, and I will ask it ASAP right here. Everyone is coming up with great answers, I'm learning a lot from each of you. Here are the first 5 QOTDs for anyone who is new or needs to catch up:

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?

and a new one-

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

New wardrobe!!!
    Also want to dance dance and dance (and look good doing it...lol). 5-6 session of my shuffling around trying to keep up with instructors already has such an amazing affect on my mind state...I feel happy and rejuvenated throughout the day.
    Not feeling lazy anymore and finding energy and enthusiasm to do tasks at hand :) Right now my first thought is 'ehh...why do I have to do it!!!" but it is changing already to a more positive outlook :)
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Hello everyone! No exercise for me today. Rest day! Ahhhhhh..... :P Did Turbo Fire HIIT 20 last night. OMG!! Loved it! And guess who did burpees and was jumping like a fool... ME! Honestly, I am very proud of myself. I also discovered that exercise after a bad day feels better then having an adult beverage after work. However, I still want that glass of wine that I didn't have Monday night. LOL!

My flabby a**? Is that a good answer? LOL! Really though... I'm at a point where if I want to lose more weight, I need to exercise to get there. There's only so much eating healthy can do. Besides, I don't want to be flabby. I hate it when my husband affectionately jiggles my butt and my tummy. Also, being thin doesn't mean being healthy. I want to be both.
  • JULIEICAC
    JULIEICAC Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in! How perfect...October 7th is my Birthday and my original goal date anyway. :)

NAME: Julie
    HEIGHT: 5'5''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 160
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 139
    START PANTS SIZE: 11/12 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 7/8 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: High protein, low sodium and fat...staying within 1200 calories for the day.
    DIET GOALS: Eating more organic products and to make a life changing plan-not just diet plan
    EXERCISE GOALS: To be able to run a 5k with a decent time and continue with daily exercise
    OTHER GOALS: Firming, Toning and Remaining Active; to wear my bikini confidently again
    FUN FACT: I own an air compressor, nail gun and miter saw and used them to replace all my trim and wood floors myself.