I am OPEN to this challenge...
    NAME: Camey
    HEIGHT: 5'5"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: Not ready to reveal
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: Lose 15lbs
    START PANTS SIZE: 16/18 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Calorie Counting
    DIET GOALS: Increase activity level, reduce food consumption, extract my damn sweet-tooth
    EXERCISE GOALS: Starting 30day shred on 8/29
    OTHER GOALS: Gotta fit into my Carnival costume by October 9th.
  • prettyone822
    Options
    This week just has not been the best week for me =/ no gym.... havent been eating 100% as i want to.... SLACKING!! But not being TERRIBLE TERRIBLE either.... cant wait to go food shopping this weekend to be 100% back on board!!!

I'm very proud of all you ladies!! Keep up the good work...

I weigh in tomorrow...let's seen if i've done terrible damage...hopefully not!!
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

Still trying to figure this one out. Actually, it's been a rough week and this is the first day I've logged on at all since Monday. Coming out of my funk now though!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am really behind on QOTD so we will answer these to catch up:

QOTD#1: I like Zumba for Wii because it doesn't matter what the weather is outside you can still do it.

QOTD#2: I found MFP through my physician. I like it because you can track everthing.

QOTD#3: My true a-ha moment was seeing pictures of myself.. I'm usually the one taking pictures..I don't have mine taken very often.

QOTD#4: No

QOTD#5: Moderation

QOTD#6: My motivation is my daughter.

QOTD#7: Nothing

QOYD#8: Try to do 30 minutes of exercise a day.

QOTD#9: When I'm in a really stressful situation I tend not to eat.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    NAME: Cindy
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 198
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 190
    START PANTS SIZE: 18
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 16
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: eat everything in moderation
    DIET GOALS: more whole foods, less junk foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: continue working with my trainer and progressing in weights, jog 2 miles
    OTHER GOALS: just feel fit, more flexible
  • emi_esp
    emi_esp Posts: 24
    Options
    NAME: Leah
    It's time I joined a group and I'm glad one is open!

HEIGHT: 5'7''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 163
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE: 10/12 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8/10 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: just vegetarian and trying to cut down on sweets
    DIET GOALS: to stop binging and start enjoying some foods in moderation
    EXERCISE GOALS: more muscle tone
    OTHER GOALS: fitter look!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    NAME: TOP
    HEIGHT: 6"0
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 183
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 176
    START PANTS SIZE: 34
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 32
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: No
    DIET GOALS: more whole foods, less desire for junk foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: Get fit enough to run a half marathon on October 15
    OTHER GOALS: Get a 1 pack. Too old for a 6 pack
    FUN FACT: I love the outdoors
  • jennlaurin80
    Options
    Yaay, an open group !!

NAME: Jennifer
    HEIGHT: 5"6
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 196
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 175
    START PANTS SIZE: 16 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Counting calories on MFP
    DIET GOALS: To count everything i eat. EXERCISE !
    FUN FACT : I use my twins as weights when i exercise. Lifting them over my head. One set with one twin, next set with the other twin. They seem to love it ;) it really is good exercise
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    This week just has not been the best week for me =/ no gym.... havent been eating 100% as i want to.... SLACKING!! But not being TERRIBLE TERRIBLE either.... cant wait to go food shopping this weekend to be 100% back on board!!!

Not my best week either, but nowhere near the worst. Hang in there! Just pick yourself up, and make your next decision better than the last.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new challengers! Glad to have you here. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Time for another QOTD. I will always post the most recent 10 QOTD's for anyone wanting to play catch up! I'm loving reading all of your answers.

Good luck to all the weekend weigh-ers! My weigh-in is tomorrow, and I think that I did pretty darn well this week, but I never know what the scale will tell me. I just know that this was a great week (food and exercise-wise) and I don't need the scale to confirm that, but... it would be nice. :bigsmile:

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem?

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it!

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.
  • prettyone822
    Options

Not my best week either, but nowhere near the worst. Hang in there! Just pick yourself up, and make your next decision better than the last.

actually down 2lbs!!! whooohoo!!! :bigsmile:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

I usually have the same thing for breakfast and lunch for a week. So I enter as I eat. Then I decide what I want to eat for dinner before hand so I can see how many calories it will be. I try to track everything. The other day I actually entered a piece of gum!! For the most part I eat maybe half of my exercise calories. It just depends on how I feel that day and what I ate.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Drinking tons of water helped me this week. And tons of water-like substances such as Diet Sprite and water mixed with Mio. And giving myself a little bit (but not too much) slack when it came to nutrition. In general, this is something that I struggle with, so I was happy to get all of the ideas from you guys this week!

Right now, I'm tracking as I go. And I'm following my own plan, which allows me to eat many foods to satisfaction without having to count for them, but I am still tracking what I eat every day in the "notes" section of my dairy here. I am pretty sure that I do eat my execise calories, but right now I'm not really tracking calories. I'm learning to listen to my hunger signals, which is tough!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Alright, this will probably be the last time I check in for a couple weeks. I'm going on a 9 day Euro trip and will have limited time and limited access to the internet. I'm leaving Monday and won't be back until the 9th. Woot! I have alot of stuff to do before then... Laundry... Playing "Tetris" trying to fit everything in my suitcase just right. I have to fit everything in a small suitcase. GASP! But first I have to get through the hurricane. I'm in PA... 30-40 miles west of Philly. So, I'm hoping just alot of rain and that my basement gets through the storm unflooded.

This week has been pretty bad tracking... Normally, it's as I go unless I know exactly what I'm going to eat that day. I track everything when I track. I always eat most of my exercise calories. I'm more hungry on the days that I workout... well... except this week. Between the earthquake, the hurricane and vacation, I've been very excited and a little frazzled and have seemed to have lost my appetite.
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things over and over, so my numbers are predictable, but I track as I go or at the end of the day. At first I only entered protein, fat, sweeteners, but now I enter fruits and veggies. My initial thought was that no one gets fat from eating produce, but then it became reinforcing to see how many veg you can eat for so few calories. I'm not feeling deprived AT ALL--so nice.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not?

I track as I eat throughout the day. And, sometimes I track in advance, particularly if I want to see what I SHOULD eat for supper (based on how many calories I have left!). I DO track my exercise calories and I DO eat them back!
  • homeslice614
    Options
    NAME: Homeslice614
    HEIGHT: 5'4''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE: 14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: COMFORTABLY 12 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: 6 small means (~338 calories) per day with specific goals for simple carbs/comp. carbs/ proteins/fats
    DIET GOALS: I eat very healthy now, it's adjusting to eating 6 times a day that is challenging me.
    EXERCISE GOALS: To get up to a full 60-minutes 6 days a week. I do 3 days with a trainer now, and am working on the other days on my own.
    OTHER GOALS: Healthy and strong. And to see myself as beautiful and sexy no matter what my weight says.
    FUN FACT: I'm a backup singer in a blues/southern rock band
  • homeslice614
    Options
    Love the "1 pack" goal! You have a great attitude, you will do it