girls: yasmin pill help

Options
13»

Replies

• THINtense
    Options
    I'm on Yaz! My first cycle was pretty horrible (spotting, super moody/emotional near the end of the pack, some increased hunger, headaches) but it's gotten wayyy better my second month. Losing weight, clear skin, feeling healthy. Not bloated, except when I'm on the pill-free week, and then that's obviously no fun. Taking the pill at night instead of at 11am has definitely helped with nausea, too. OH, also I think I read somewhere that Yaz actually has a diuretic in it to combat bloat/water weight gain?? I could be making that up though! I don't remember where I saw that!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    it's important to remember Yaz and Yasmin are two different pills

Yaz = Yasmin . Same drug, just a different dose. They're both part of the class-action lawsuits.

More specifically, both have 'DRSP' in it as their progestin hormone. It's a newer type of progestin that is under fire recently. Ocella is a generic form so Yaz = Yasmin = Ocella.
    Yaz = Yasmin = Ocella = Gianvi = Loryna

Or so they say. I was on Yaz and the pharmacy switched to Gianvi. I didn't have any problems with either. Light periods, skin pretty clear and little bloating. Then CVS switched to Loryna and I suddenly had worse acne than I can remember in decades. I went off it after 6 weeks and a few days later started retaining water horribly. 10 pounds and 3 days later I was in the doctor's office and on a diuretic. That's been going on for a few weeks and I still haven't figured out what's going on. Blood tests are normal.
    OH, also I think I read somewhere that Yaz actually has a diuretic in it to combat bloat/water weight gain?? I could be making that up though! I don't remember where I saw that!
    It doesn't have a diuretic but it ups your potassium which will cause less bloating because it balances out more sodium in your system. Or something like that. Some women have problems with too much potassium in their system as a result.
  • kar74
    kar74 Posts: 49
    Options
    I took the generic Yaz, Ocella, for a couple months back in the Fall 2008. Not only did it turn me into a raging witch, but I also ended up in the ER for extreme anemia from blood loss. My second cycle on it was completely out of control with clots. I decided to ride out my rough cycles instead of bleeding to death and took myself off of it.