IT'S A GHOST TOWN HERE TODAY!!! Come say hello!!

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm around...just had a play date with one of my best friends & her little girls. Boys are down for a nap & now I'm working on the baby.

Love the new pic, Lauryn! I just did my Christmas cards on vistaprint.com. Pretty reasonable prices! Another one I saw was peartreegreetings.com.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm around...just had a play date with one of my best friends & her little girls. Boys are down for a nap & now I'm working on the baby.

Love the new pic, Lauryn! I just did my Christmas cards on vistaprint.com. Pretty reasonable prices! Another one I saw was peartreegreetings.com.

Thanks for those sites! :flowerforyou: I'll have to check them out. I did the usual Walmart and Walgreens and KodakGallery, and so far, I have been highly UNimpressed with their photo card designs this year.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My husband works for the Walgeens distribution center here & they give us a crazy discount on their cards this time of year, but they're not my style. I'd more of a simple, elegant design chick instead of a Peanuts or Tweety Bird girl. My kids are characters enough, they don't need any help. LOL
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    My husband works for the Walgeens distribution center here & they give us a crazy discount on their cards this time of year, but they're not my style. I'd more of a simple, elegant design chick instead of a Peanuts or Tweety Bird girl. My kids are characters enough, they don't need any help. LOL

:laugh: :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Checking in and out!:flowerforyou:

In and out? That quickly??

(Whew, good thing Max isn't making an appearance on the boards today, or he'd be all over this one!)

He isn`t here??

So the flower was a waste huh?:grumble:

Were you trying to butter him up for something? :huh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Checking in and out!:flowerforyou:

In and out? That quickly??

(Whew, good thing Max isn't making an appearance on the boards today, or he'd be all over this one!)

He isn`t here??

So the flower was a waste huh?:grumble:

Were you trying to butter him up for something? :huh:

No just annoy him,kind of a hobby I have.:bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LOL I like that hobby. Cheaper than scrapbooking. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Not to bring the mood of this thread down, but did anyone else hear about that poor man at Walmart today?! I just read the article on msn & am shocked by the entire thing. :cry:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    LOL I like that hobby. Cheaper than scrapbooking. :bigsmile:

And much more fulfilling.:wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Not to bring the mood of this thread down, but did anyone else hear about that poor man at Walmart today?! I just read the article on msn & am shocked by the entire thing. :cry:

AMAZED at that article.
    People are PIGS.
    To trample an employee.
    Poor guy was only 34, so having a heart attack at that age, I wonder if there weren't other genetic/health dispositions that led to his early demise...
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, I know. It just broke my heart & reminded me of what AreWeThereYet said on another thread about her black Friday experience at her previous place of employment. People are so clueless sometimes & it really makes you wonder how these certain folks really feel about the Christmas season. So sad.

My mom & I went out one year & decided it wasn't worth it. We didn't have too many issues with crowds or anything like that but just the attitude of everyone that was out was poor. People were on a mission & they didn't care who was in their way. Personally, I have more problems returning things after Christmas. By then, all the retail workers are just finished & exhausted & not nearly as pleasant as normal. Good thing I do most my shopping online. LOL
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    There are so few gifts that I give that go on sale ONLY on Black Friday that it's not worth wasting my vacation at work to take the day off.

I prefer online shopping this time of year too.... lots of 'online only' deals today, although I haven't been checking them out... because I'm at work (and too busy playing on MFP :laugh: )
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    HA! Kohls was having a pretty decent sale online today through 1pm EST. I'm done Christmas shopping, but was tempted by a pair of earrings. I lost one of my diamond studs yesterday & my ears feel naked! I resisted the urge, though. Maybe someone else will buy me better ones. :bigsmile:

So, does anyone have anything special on their list to Santa this year?
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sites is a live camera set up in an african animal reserve......it is live 24 hrs a day near a small pond of water.......it is so exciting when you see elephants, monkeys etc......but then there are times when there is nothing..........there are three different live cam sites on this one site...if you go to http://www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php ...........then you will see a catagory for "streaming cam" and under that is three different live cams and one is a daily highlight thing......... i just checked and there is nothing right now but in a minute there could be so i often just keep it going on in the background while i am doing work and then check it out once in a while :).....i remember when i first started going to that site and i always was just missing the action :).....but when i finally did get to see things happen i was hooked :)........anyways have a great day :).....
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    One of my favorite sites is a live camera set up in an african animal reserve......it is live 24 hrs a day near a small pond of water.......it is so exciting when you see elephants, monkeys etc......but then there are times when there is nothing..........there are three different live cam sites on this one site...if you go to http://www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php ...........then you will see a catagory for "streaming cam" and under that is three different live cams and one is a daily highlight thing......... i just checked and there is nothing right now but in a minute there could be so i often just keep it going on in the background while i am doing work and then check it out once in a while :).....i remember when i first started going to that site and i always was just missing the action :).....but when i finally did get to see things happen i was hooked :)........anyways have a great day :).....

What a cool web cam!!

Alright folks, I'm off to the gym, then home to make some pies and casseroles for Thanksgiving at my Nanny's house tomorrow.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just got finished decorating the outside of the house for Christmas! It was really cold, but since we had the time off we took advantage of it.

The rest of the day will be pretty mellow - we're watching Disney movies - currently, The Lady and the Tramp.

Got a favorite Disney movie?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Have fun, Lauryn! 3 Thanksgivings...I wouldn't survive.

I'll have to check out that webcam to show my boys. It sounds like something they would love!

Hmmm...favorite Disney Movie. I love Toy Story & Cars, or maybe it is just that my boys love those movies so much I think I do, too? My favorite from way back would have to be Fox & The Hound. I cry like a baby every single time she leaves that fox in the woods, but I still love it. Lady & the Tramp is a good one, too. Heck, I love just about every Disney movie you could throw at me. :bigsmile:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm here too. Just got back from my walk. Brrrr bit nippy out there.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Favorite Disney movie...hmmm Little Mermaid is one.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    What is uppppp?