Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Hmm I've noticed people a bit more touchy...but no lapdances lol
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I have found when someone is being too touchy feeythat if you do the same thing to them they tend to stop immediately.
    Once when pregnant a stranger came up and put both hands on my belly and asked when I was due. So I prompgly grabbed his beer belly and said when are you due? Gotta love those pregnancy hormones!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

Or when someone gives you a friendly pat on the arm then decides for some reason decides to start squeezing, seemingly to check just how much muscle you are packing.

What is an acceptable response to these personal space invaders? I wouldn't mind so much if they asked first. Will I get in trouble if I slap them upside the head?

That's happened to me many times. I just disregard it. Someone touched my back once too haha. I figure they're not touching my butt, so it's all good. Not that I would mind it if they were hot... hahahahhahahah :)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I have found when someone is being too touchy feeythat if you do the same thing to them they tend to stop immediately.
    Once when pregnant a stranger came up and put both hands on my belly and asked when I was due. So I prompgly grabbed his beer belly and said when are you due? Gotta love those pregnancy hormones!

I was walking through the grocery store one time while I was pregnant (I was 16) and this random man comes up and just puts his hands on my stomach.... people would do that to me every day, like being pregnant meant that anyone could touch my stomach at any given time. At the end of my pregnancy I remember I was a bit...angry.... and someone would come at me and I'd be like "Don't touch my ****in' stomach."
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say about 90% of the time, I don't mind it... and the more I lose the more frequently it happens. It's all good, before i started losing no one would touch me with a 10 ft pole. :)
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Free lap dance? Maybe it was your cologne.

Eau du Stink? I doubt it mate...

It's not that I dislike being touched so much. I am fairly tactile. It's the assumption that someone can enter your personal space and inspect the goods without at least seeking the ok either on a verbal or non verbal level. It strikes me as simple good manners to be aware of another person's feelings.

I am really surprised that women don't seem to experience this more commonly. I presumed it would be much worse for them.

I commute to work by bus and this happens to me frequently....thankfully now with handsome men. Before, it was always the 60-something woman who takes up 1.5 seats that crushed me into the bus window. Now, I get the tall, broad shoulder dudes.

While nothing has transpired that comes close to a lap dance, I have at least enjoyed a little body heat for bit, held hands, and scored a couple of dates. But NO ONE (me or them) has persisted if the other acts even slightly uncomfortable.

Given that the bus usually has the A/C cranked up, I much prefer to be smashed up against a fine example of the opposite sex for an hour and a half than the frigid metal bus window casing. I got over the whole kootie thing long ago.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Free lap dance? Maybe it was your cologne.

Eau du Stink? I doubt it mate...

It's not that I dislike being touched so much. I am fairly tactile. It's the assumption that someone can enter your personal space and inspect the goods without at least seeking the ok either on a verbal or non verbal level. It strikes me as simple good manners to be aware of another person's feelings.

I am really surprised that women don't seem to experience this more commonly. I presumed it would be much worse for them.

women (especially here in the South) would react quite a bit more often than our male counterparts. if someone gropes me on the train, they'll be leaving on a stretcher (ok not really, but you get the point), but if i were to grope some guy 9/10 times he'd just look at me weird at the most.

i think i'm gonna test this theory on the train ride home... if i'm shot and killed i'll let you know tomorrow.

Just exactly which train??
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My boss does this. He will grab my arm or pat me on the back. Definitely throws me off sometimes because I don't expect it and I am really strict about strangers touching me but I know he means no disrespect. Been working with the firm for 6 years and he is a gentlemen/kind person.
    Now if some dude were to just grope me on the street, yeah you better bet he will be kicked where the sun doesn't shine and I will probably be arrested after I am done with him but hey, what makes you think it's ok to grope all women? Just because some women are ok with being groped doesn't mean all women are going to hand out free popsicles! :grumble: :mad:

stickfight2.gif
    Yup, that is what would happen.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I don`t have it happen either. pouty.gif

Now Carl, just invite me for a ride on your big green tractor and I'll snuggle up to you.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    For me it's that people think it's totally fine to grab my boobs...I don't know if this happens to other people, or if it's cause they're kinda big, but it happens to me enough.

So that is not fine?

I do not get accosted on the train nearly enough.... and if someone is too close to me it is normally a guy.

I do have a co-worker and she is always patting me on the back or grabbing my arms now... Hopefully it will result in a raise for me eventually.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    For me it's that people think it's totally fine to grab my boobs...I don't know if this happens to other people, or if it's cause they're kinda big, but it happens to me enough.

So that is not fine?

Only if you say "honk, honk"
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

So that is not fine?

What about if they motorboat them? Thats not okay.......damn i thought it was normal
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

So that is not fine?

Hmmm... I have been making the Aoooggaa horn noise... no wonder she disapproves...

I will have to try that out on the train ride home today.... thanks for the etiquette lesson!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    never happened........... and feeling a little mad thats its not now !
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Just yell "NO TOUCH-IE!!!!" while crossing your arms and shaking. Works like a charm.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    for some reason teenage girls feel the need to try to rip my clothes off. it's cool to get the attention, but replacing my wardrobe every few weeks is getting really old.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    never happened........... and feeling a little mad thats its not now !

You can always try randomly touching yourself in public.... maybe someone will join in!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on how well I know the person. If we're on cordial terms, I don't mind a guy randomly touching me while we're talking or sitting next to each other (provided it's not overtly sexual, which is going to result in my stiletto and his junk becoming acquainted). If I don't know you, back the hell off. It seriously makes my skin crawl for a guy I don't know to take liberties like that. As a woman (a quite small woman at that), I'm a little more on edge about my personal space being invaded, and I will ruin your life if I feel physically threatened and you refuse to get the hint.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Just yell "NO TOUCH-IE!!!!" while crossing your arms and shaking. Works like a charm.

Also, "STRANGER DANGER!"