OREOS

Options

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. You mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.
    but can I do this and still lose weight? *wink*

of course, bc she'll end up poo'ing and throwing up for days
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly its simple..a serving size is 3 oreos.. so you take 3 out of the bag, shut the lid and walk away.

Works for me and I'm losing weight.. so to all the people who say don't eat them cause you'll get fat or w/e, that advice is crap. The more you deprive, the more you'll binge.. and thats worse then eating the three oreos in the first place!
  • timl2k11
    timl2k11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please stop being so rude. She has to have the oreos, but doesn't want to eat them. Why do you all have to beat up. PLEASE!
    Some real advice. you need to get a boyfriend and move in with him. Then you will only have cookies when you go visit.
    You win the Ironic Post prize, condemn everyone for being rude and then give more crappy advice!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    0004400002222_500X500.jpg

OR

0004400002021_500X500.jpg

OR

Kraft-Foods-6171-100-Calories-Oreo-Cookie-Snack-Pack.jpg
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please stop being so rude.
    nope, sorry, can't
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. Your mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.

So do you think this would work with alcohol too??
    Oh wait - I feel sick to my stomach everytime I get drunk, but shockingly, it hasn't stopped me.

Seriously the only way to stop doing something is to make yourself stop. There is no magic advise or cure that will make you quit something you don't want to.
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    Options
    Haha this is amusing. And I do have a boyfriend.

Thank you everyone for the sincere, good advice.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Think of how incredibly bad they are for you....trans fat and loads of sugar....

They were actually 'better' for you when they made them with lard.

Sigh.

Save Oreos for after goal weight, when you can allow yourself an occasional cheat day.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    I am addicted to oreo's I have to have them once a week
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sooooo go ahead and eat as many as you want...just be honest and enter them on your MFP food diary page....are you willing to use a whole days worth of calories/fats/carbs for a few cookies? maybe doing this once or twice will get it out of your system. You are worth more than that...take care of yourself :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

OR

OR

So not the same.
  • timl2k11
    timl2k11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. Your mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.

Oh wait - I feel sick to my stomach everytime I get drunk, but shockingly, it hasn't stopped me.

Seriously the only way to stop doing something is to make yourself stop. There is no magic advise or cure that will make you quit something you don't want to.
    Everyone is different but yes it has. Nothing like puking your brains out to get me to swear off alcohol.
    Your second point proves mine. If you get sick of oreos, you *won't want to eat them*.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    [I am dead serious about this, I am usually snarky] but I know a guy who is dealing with an alcohol problem and he is on medication that makes him naseaus if he drinks alcohol. To be snarky about it though, I am working on a spray based on ipecac for people to use on their foods. Just spray on before you eat, and each day you will feel more and more grossed out by food. If those Feed the Children commercial have taught us anything, it's that we just lack the will power to be skinny.
    OMG YOU ARE GOING TO HE11... That could be why I friended you... Also, Do you like the movie white chicks?
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options

OR

OR

So not the same.

I know. I was just giving her "healthier" alternatives to help satisfy her craving. :wink:
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    Honestly its simple..a serving size is 3 oreos.. so you take 3 out of the bag, shut the lid and walk away.

Works for me and I'm losing weight.. so to all the people who say don't eat them cause you'll get fat or w/e, that advice is crap. The more you deprive, the more you'll binge.. and thats worse then eating the three oreos in the first place!

Completely agree. It's better to eat 3 than the whole container. Moderation= success. Then work your way down to cutting them out of your diet after you feel the need to not "need" them anymore. Small steps are the key.:wink: Good luck and we all have our own demons to battle so don't feel bad about slipping, just DO something about it.
  • NonsensicalSteph
    NonsensicalSteph Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This may come as a shock but Oreos will still exist AFTER you've met your goal weight.

Stop eating them or find better alternatives. Easy Peasy.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    What no one else has suggest was to eat all you went then let Mr. Pukey make it all better!

bump
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    DP fail
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

[I am dead serious about this, I am usually snarky] but I know a guy who is dealing with an alcohol problem and he is on medication that makes him naseaus if he drinks alcohol. To be snarky about it though, I am working on a spray based on ipecac for people to use on their foods. Just spray on before you eat, and each day you will feel more and more grossed out by food. If those Feed the Children commercial have taught us anything, it's that we just lack the will power to be skinny.

As if I didn't already have reason to love you...making fun of the Feed the Children commercials. <3
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    What no one else has suggest was to eat all you went then let Mr. Pukey make it all better!
    I think that is covered with your ipecac comments.