Things I've learned from MFP Forums

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I am a freaking superhero everymonth for a few days, I don't feel the need to ask about it, I have no idea why other women don't seem to remember how it works month-to-month.

hahaha my thoughts exactly
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    #1- Inspite of being around 200,000 years and living with it for most of their lives, women still are clueless about their own body functions. Evidance: 25 TOM threads per day.
    work.6793876.1.fc,220x200,white.v3.jpg

#2- 1 pound of fat = 1 pound of muscle.
    24427597_0cba60d473_o.jpg

#3- Gaining weight when attempting to lose weight is because of muscle gain. Not this:
    kobayashi.jpg

vent over, thanks.

This is excellent.

But there will still be another TOM thread ...... give it 30 minutes.....*sighs*
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    #5. Grammar is for Loosers.
  • #1- Inspite of being around 200,000 years and living with it for most of their lives, women still are clueless about their own body functions. Evidance: 25 TOM threads per day.

I wanna shoot myself whenever I hear about TOM. Seriously, get over it...fact of life.

I would also like to shoot myself when I see TOM posts. Do we women not b*tch enough about every g-d thing under the sun?

I love how this is a complaint but you ladies never complain about all the meat and nut jokes in your mouth!!!
    I LOVE YOU LADIES!! I wish we all could be married!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I disagree with #3, 100%. When trying to lose weight, you will not gain muscle (or very little) as you need to be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle. 99% of the time you actually lose muscle while losing weight. Lifting heavy and eating protein will limit the amount of muscle loss. But I can assure you, unless you are a genetic anomaly, or just starting weight training, you will not gain muscle while in a caloric deficit.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Hey in our defense.. our bodies are very complicated.... just like our personalities LOL ;-)

Man-Woman-Control-Panel.jpg
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member

And what's worse, they act like we don't get TOM too...

Oh, you poor thing. Why don't you start a thread and btch about it too?
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    What I have learned:

Men who know exactly how many TOM threads women have posted need to step away from their pc more often.

ROFL :laugh:
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Hey in our defense.. our bodies are very complicated.... just like our personalities LOL ;-)

EXACTLY!!! LMAO
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    I disagree with #3, 100%. When trying to lose weight, you will not gain muscle (or very little) as you need to be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle. 99% of the time you actually lose muscle while losing weight. Lifting heavy and eating protein will limit the amount of muscle loss. But I can assure you, unless you are a genetic anomaly, or just starting weight training, you will not gain muscle while in a caloric deficit.

He was being sarcastic.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    #1- Inspite of being around 200,000 years and living with it for most of their lives, women still are clueless about their own body functions. Evidance: 25 TOM threads per day.

:laugh: Best post of the week!!! :drinker:
  • End6ame

EXACTLY!!! LMAO

Self-serving bias, maybe?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    The fact that men on this site even know what the acronym "TOM" means...... says a lot to me.......

Male brain
    tumblr_lbn2eeGT8L1qa8hfwo1_500_thumb.jpg?1292276205
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    I've learned a lot about nut butter.
  • tashjs21
    Seeing TOM post drives me crazy,,we know it's gonna happen why B**** about it and blame our eating on it...Suck it up and deal with it...True some women have harder times dealing than others,if so go see your gyno he/she can possibly help if it is heavy or painful..I personally get tired of knowing when every women on Mfp is having Tom...

^ This!!!
  • End6ame
    #5. Grammar is for Loosers.

So true!

#6. Excessive calorie deficit = Good, Eating = bad.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Things I've learned
    #6 people are genuinely lazy and refuse to a) search through the forums for their answer or b) search the internet so therefore they make another thread that already has pages and pages for their answer :huh:
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Seeing TOM post drives me crazy,,we know it's gonna happen why B**** about it and blame our eating on it...Suck it up and deal with it...True some women have harder times dealing than others,if so go see your gyno he/she can possibly help if it is heavy or painful..I personally get tired of knowing when every women on Mfp is having Tom...

THIS! It drives me crazy too!
  • tashjs21
    Things I've learned
    #6 people are genuinely lazy and refuse to a) search through the forums for their answer or b) search the internet so therefore they make another thread that already has pages and pages for their answer :huh:

Yessss! :drinker:

#7--If you have an opinion that differs from someone else...you are a troll or "trouble maker" (even if said opinion is stated in the most respectful way possible)

ani_banghead3.gif
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I just had to laugh - another TOM post!