Power 90...Who's With Me?

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I purchased the P90x and think it's gonna be too much for me. So next friday, I'm getting the Power 90. You guys have motivated me to do these videos, and I'm excited to "play". I might end up cancelling my gym membership = money in my pocket!

You won't be disappointed... I hate paying for gym memberships, too!!! This program is nice because you don't need a bunch of equipment, and all you need is a little space to do the workouts! Best of luck, and your pic with the seal is insane!!! I live in Alaska now, and I want a copy to show my friends!!!:tongue:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    djjustjohn: I wouldnt cancel your membership right away but like MissResa said you won't be disappointed! To tell you the truth you will probally end up cancelling it. I will NEVER own another gym membership again! I get a better workout from Beachbody workouts then the gym. For the money you spend on a membership in 1year you could have pretty much all the beachbody programs! And the best thing about working out at home you don't have to leave and you dont have to match your clothes lol

I am almost done P90 and I still don't think I am ready for P90X. They do have P90 Master Series which is the step up from P90 and a step down from P90X.

I am not too sure if I have enough room in my basement for P90 Master Series but Im going to try and hope I do to continue on!

If I don't have enough room for P90 Master Series I will decide between Beachbody Hip Hop Abs or Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer.

Good luck and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Well tonight I did P90X+ Kenpo Cardio! It was an AWESOME workout! I feel so good now! I wore my weighted gloves and burned alot of calories. Hubby is making some shrimp fried rice for dinner tonight! Yummy it smells soooo good.

dj: Not sure of your real name... I used to have a membership to the YMCA and quit it. I love working out at home cause there is no one watching or gawking at you... Plus the results with the X are amazing. If you are not used to exercising hard, P90X is not the place to start. Jenn is right that you need to start with P90... Since you have it, you can do it and just do your best and not get upset that you cannot do as much as the rest of them. Heck I was used to exercising when I started P90X and still could not keep up with them. You just get better each time you do it. Do you have a coach on beachbody. You can order through my profile, tenaarnett and get your P90 not only quicker, but I can track it for you... Let me know any way I can help you.

Tena
  • MissResa
    Options
    So Tena... Since you're a BB coach, I have a question for you... I was planning on switching from the P90X Lean program to the P90X Classic program once I hit my phase 2. Do you think it's okay just to switch directly to phase 2 of the Classic? I asked someone else, and just wanted to get your 2 cents on it.
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I slept really good last night! I planned on getting up around 6:30 but Mike said I was sleeping so good that he just let me sleep! I woke up at 7:30. So now I will eat my breakfast and put my make-up on and get dressed and head to Wally to get my grocery shopping done... I already made my grocery shopping list last night so I am ready...

Today I am doing JM Shredder 1-2-3 (all 3 segments) at 3pm CT.

Resa: To answer your question, it will not hurt you at all. I started my first Round with Lean Version and started the 2nd Round with Classic Version. I had HUGE changes with the Classic Version and wish I would have done it first. So go for it... It will not hurt you at all...

Well, gotta get going. I hope everyone has a great day and excellent workout!

Tena
  • MissResa
    Options
    Thanks, Tena, for getting back to me. That's what the other person said, too; I just wasn't sure if I was supposed to start over to phase 1 of Classic, or if Phase 2 would be okay. I am so excited about making the switch!!! I know Plyo is hard, but I'm looking forward to doing it. The Lean program doesn't even incorperate it once!!! I play sports that I think would benefit from it. Also, before I got out of shape, I weight trained all the time. I'm looking forward to doing a more intense program-especially after seeing YOUR results!!!:happy:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    B R I N G I T !!!

Yup, started P90X today! At first I had a 30 minute hitch as even though I had bought bands rather than a pull up bar, I STILL had to rig something up in the basement. Grrrrrrr. After humming and hawing, and trying to get through to the phone no. to ***** at someone :grumble: I decided to put my head to the problem..... I had a big ole bike hook somewhere, I got out the power drill, started a hole in a rafter in the basement, put in the bike screw and voila had myself a system pretty much close to what the guy on the dvd has!

Did Back & shoulders followed by Abs.

Something tells me I'll be hurtin' tomorrow!!

Yeah! Am now sucking down 8oz of light cranberry with 2 scoops of soy protein powder.
  • MissResa
    Options
    I've been using a bike hook, too, but I'm scared I'll pull the thing out of the stud and make my debut on America's Funniest Videos... I found that you can also put the bands around the top of a door , shut it, and it will make a more sturdy place to attach it to. Great job sticking with the workout, even though you hit some rough spots setting it up!!! A lot of people would have just gotten frustrated enough to just quit!!!:drinker:
  • starzz904
    starzz904 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello what is power 90?
  • MissResa
    Options
    Power 90 is pretty much the beginner's series of programs made by Tony Horton... P90X is the popular, 2nd step up. There's new ones that just came out that are supposed to supplement the programs. They are basically like in-home boot camps. Totally kicks your butt every time!!!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Just finished my workout! I changed things around and did 1 on 1 Cardio and it was AWESOME! I had a great calorie burn and feel AWESOME!!! I am so glad I did that one!! I just finished and Mike just got home from work..

Paula: You really made me laugh! I have the attachment Resa is talking about. You can get it at any sporting goods store and it is an attachment you put in the top of the door and shut the door and then loop the bands through it. It works great but yours works fine too! I am so proud of you!

Resa: Plyo will kick your booty BIG TIME! Be prepared to pause a few times the first few times you do it! But it is an AWESOME workout! I love it! It is one of Tony's better Cardio workouts.. You will do fine on Classic. Just do your best and do not get upset if you can't do it all. It is NOT a crime to pause the dvd once in awhile... Remember that...

Star: It looks like Resa answered your questions! THANKS RESA!! She said it really good! Tony Horton is the best instructor for exercise. I have never had such good workouts like I have with him! He has a series that starts for beginners called P90. Then you go into P90 Master Series, P90X, P90X+ and now I also get his monthly 1 on 1 series which is what I did today. He also has what is called 10 minute Trainers that are really good! You can buy them through beachbody. If you are interested, let me know at tenaarnett@yahoo.com and I can help you order them an easy way. I am a coach on beachbody. I can help you succeed in reaching your goals for lifetime health and fitness.

Well, I am going to finish my Recovery Drink and hit the shower and just spend a nice quiet evening at home (WITH NO CHOCOLATES OR CANDY) with hubby!!

Tena
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Mornin' all, :smile:

Not as sore as I thought I would be this morning so I know I'll need to up my reps for backs and shoulders. (But I DO feel like I exercises.) I also shouldn't have bothered with the "girls" bands and should have gone straight for the "boys" ones. I knew it too when I was ordering them. Don't you hate when you don't listen to that voice inside yourself. I did ab ripper as well. It'll take getting used to as I didn't feel like I was using my abs. For the first few exercises it was my quads that were sore.

So, I'm off to do plyometrics (or whatever it's called). Will come back later and tell you how it went. (I have to do it upstairs in the living room as our basement ceiling is low and as it's a lot of jumping around I don't want my SO to come home and hear muffled screaming and see my two legs dangling from the basement ceiling!!!)

Later
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Well, I slept SUPER good last night! I did not get up til 8:15! Today is my weekly Rest Day and I am going to do just that,...REST. No exercises. I am a firm believer that you body needs one day a week for rest, so that the body can just rebuild the muscle without more stress on it!

Paula: Way to go on your workout and plan to raise weight and reps. If you do not feel it, then that is what you do. Good luck with Plyo as that is a killer/great workout! Funny about not doing it in the basement!!! About ab ripper, just concentrate more on form and do it slower. Lay on the floor before each move and take a deep breath. When you exhale and your tummy is tight, continue breathing but hold that tightness during the workout and you will definitely feel it in the abs and end up with a great workout!

Well, not much planned for today. I hope everyone has a great day. Tomorrow I start the new workout program Chalean Extreme. I am excited to do it!!!

Tena
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Oh my god, now THAT is a workout!!!

That's KILLER on the legs. I'll be hurtin' tomorrow, no doubt!

Thanks for the guidance on the ab routine Tena.

Suckin' down a complex carb and protein drink. Yum.
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I have not done too much today but preview the Burn Phase workouts for Chalean Extreme that I start tomorrow... I stayed in my PJ's all day today! I changed out of them when I jumped in the shower at 5pm and then put another clean pair on...:laugh: It is Rest Day...:happy:

Paula: Way to go on Plyo! I told you that is a rough workout! One of the hardest! I used to think it was super hard until I did Intervals+ on P90X+ and it makes that one look easy...:noway: I am so proud of you for getting through it. It will get easier each time. When I first started, I had to pause the dvd 4 or 5 times. Now I get through it without pausing...

Well, pretty quiet around here today.. I hope everyone is having a great day and great evening.

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I slept super good last night and did not want to get up this morning... It is sunny this morning and supposed to reach 53 today.. It is only in the 20's right now though. Mike (hubby) had a new class coming in this morning and had to leave the same time as me. I felt so bad for Molly, Tasha and Tory (German Shepherds & Border Collie) putting them out in the yard so early and all day... But they seemed happy to be outside...

Well, I hope everyone has a great day and excellent workout!

Tena
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Morning all,

At home today thanks to Presidents Day. Got my arms and shoulders and ab ripper done on P90X. BRING IT!!!

Enjoying it and figuring out between bands and weights. I'm pretty much able to stick with 15lbs dumbells and sometimes I'll switch over to the red band. At least I think it's red! It's the middle one. Does that make the toughest one magenta?

Anyways, off to make myself a good veggie omelet. Yum.

Have a great day all.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Well I am happy to announce I got my Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor last night and just used it while doing AB Ripper 200 and Sweat 3-4.

I burned 356 calories today! When I add my exercise on here before my HRM it says I burn 400 calories so not off by much but I now know how many I actually burn!

Paula: Way to go on the P90X!! Keep up the awesome work, soon I will be there joining you!

Have an awesome workout everyone!
    Jenn
  • huskeymom
    Options
    Paula - I am so proud of you!!! You are doing great. the first week I felt like a train wreck since those muscle that I didnt know exsisted, actually made it known they were there and they hurt like hell!!

Tena - How are things going for your duaghter? I hope Mike was good to you for V day

Ok so I was bad this weekend and didnt work out at all. I am just so exhausted, I guess not sleeping good at night is really taking a toll on me. And to top it off some awesome chefs (Jenn and her bf) came over saturday night to make me dinner and a bday cake... wow I think I gained 5lbs from that night alone. hehe The cake was amazing just the whip cream really didnt like me much. My compliments to the chefs though, I had a great nigth kicking the guys butts in "Sorry" I think we should play that one more often since that is the only game we beat them at. hehe Then Jenn took me to see Dierks Bentley, that was a great night, but man am I beat now. really catches up on me. Yes I am old Jenn!!!!

Tonight is the start of the second section on P90X so I am sure I will find some more muscles that are sleeping and need to be woken up. I also posted pics of my progress as well... ignore that awful hair on today's pics forgot i just got out of the shower and didnt do my hair.
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Yeah Jenn can't wait 'til you come on over to the P90X side!!!

You've inspired me to order my Polar F6. Green of course ( the fact that I'm born and bred Irish has nothing to do with this choice :glasses: )

I see that tomorrow morning I do yoga for the first time. I know it's something ridiculous like 90 minutes long or something! Well I figure I'll get about an hour in the morning and then do a run at lunch time. What I'd like to do is the days I do ab ripper, Monday thorugh Friday, that I do it during my lunch break and stick to the other workout in the morning, first thing. And also maybe get a run in at lunch times the other days I'd be not doing ab ripper. Or, of course, I'll be so frickin exhausted I'll be spending my lunch breaks taking a nap in a free office!!! :noway:

OK, OK, someone has to say it!!!! Has Tony had work done on his face? Hair plugs? I can see his face is definately thinner than P90. Sometimes the eyebrows are a little too "plucked" for me. It's ok people, we can talk about this stuff!!!

Seriously though, he's in fantastic shape and right there with you doing the work outs. It's also really cool that the other people are 'ordinary folks' that were involved in the pilot runs.

It's obvious I'm off work today as I have plenty of time to come on here and blather on.

:flowerforyou: