Power 90...Who's With Me?

Well everyone I am starting Power 90 tomorrow (Monday). I have had the set for a couple years and was going to wait till Jan 1 but why wait!!!!!!!
Who would like to join me and get through these 90 days together?

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Well everyone I am starting Power 90 tomorrow (Monday). I have had the set for a couple years and was going to wait till Jan 1 but why wait!!!!!!!
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Sweettart: I found you! You know I am doing P90X with alittle other stuff but I would be glad to post workouts with you daily. Together we can keep each other motivated and succeed in our journey!!

Tomorrow I am scheduled for P90X Chest & Back and Ab Ripper with extra ab work using the slings on the pull-up bar and my ab tower.

As we have talked recently, I have full faith that you will do good. You just need to schedule your workouts and push play every day. Make sure nothing comes between you and your workouts and before you know it, you will look AWESOME! Also watch what you eat and eat clean and healthy.

I am with you as long as you want me there!

Tena
  • Good luck! I just finished day 90 yesterday. 32lbs. I'm going to keep going with the program for another 90 days.
  • tenaarnett
    Hey Jenn! Just finished my workout! I did ARX, ab slings, ab tower, ab work on ball and then Chest & Back! I had an AWESOME workout! And left it ALL on the floor!!! I did pretty awesome and was able to add 2 more unassisted closed grip pull-ups and wide front pull-ups! That makes 8 unassisted per Round on those two and I am still whipping out the 16 unassisted chin-ups per round! (there are 2 Rounds) My arms are complete toast now! Funny cause I was flexing in front of the mirror and muscles were popping bigger than last week!!! That makes me feel good.

Tomorrow I am doing Tony's 1 on 1 Plyo Legs! That is a really tough leg workout!

Hope you all had a great workout today!

Tena
  • Sweettart
    Hey Tena,

Well Im not finished day 2!!! Today was my first day of Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100. I like to watch my videos before I do them and I have to admit Sweat 1-2 is a lot harder then it looks, I was sweating!!!
    I am so excited to keep going!!
    I am down 3.8lbs since yesterday even with the 3 fudge covered oreos I had last night!!!!!
    Im glad we are both here to keep on each other!! I can't wait till Im done P90 and move on to P90X!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Go Sweettart - Go Sweettart!!
    You can do it, You can do it, You can, You can

I am cheering you on....
  • tenaarnett
    Sweettart: I am so proud of you for pressing play yesterday and getting a good workout done! That is awesome the weight loss you had already. NO MORE OREOS!!!

I hope you have a great workout today!

Tena
  • Sweettart
    LOL thank you Tena, I know oreos are the death of me! I do have some good news I went shopping today for a new shirt for my bf's bday this weekend and Im a size smaller or two can't remember has been awhile since I"ve been shopping for dress clothes! And the shirt actually has the middle of my back showing, Im not 100% comfortable to wear it but im going to, its not that bad but I hate my back fat!!! If I could change 1 body part that would be it!!!
    My workout was great this morning, thanks for asking.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hey Tena,

Well Im not finished day 2!!! Today was my first day of Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100. I like to watch my videos before I do them and I have to admit Sweat 1-2 is a lot harder then it looks, I was sweating!!!
    I am so excited to keep going!!
    I am down 3.8lbs since yesterday even with the 3 fudge covered oreos I had last night!!!!!
    Im glad we are both here to keep on each other!! I can't wait till Im done P90 and move on to P90X!!!

Great job! I do P90X, but love the P90 and P90 Masters series also!! Just say no to Oreos! :laugh:

Jess
  • trf1011
    trf1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Is Power 90 the same as P90X?
  • tenaarnett
    Hey Everyone! Tonight I did Tony's 1 on 1 Plyo Legs! WOW ! It was an AWESOME workout! My legs were tingling when I was done! That is such a great workout!

Jenn: Way to go on your workout this morning! You are doing great! Keep up the good work! Remember it takes time for change. Which workout did you do this morning?

trf: Power 90 is the first workout program recommended for people who haven't worked out. P90X is more intense and very hard. Then you can add P90X+ and 1 on 1 workouts.

Tena
  • jessmomof3
    Is Power 90 the same as P90X?

Nope, Power 90 is more of a starter program. It's still a good program, but P90X takes it to the next level w/ pullups and more of a variety! HTH and ask if you have any questions!

Jess
  • Sweettart
    Thanks for the comments, that is what keeps me motivated!!

Tena: Great job on the workout today,I love the tingling feeling after a good workout you know you did the job!
    Today I did Sweat 1-2 and honestly it looks easier then it is...I was sweating!!!
    Tonight I also did the treadmill and my bf's for 35mins at a 3.5 pace while watching the biggest loser.
    I feel great!
  • tenaarnett
    Jenn: Wow! You did excellent on your workout yesterday! What is on the agenda for today???

Tonight I have Ab Ripper with alot of extra abs and Shoulders & Arms. I cannot wait! I really love Shoulders & Arms and the burn you get! When I am done, I can barely lift my arms or type to post! But is a great feeling!

Well, gotta get back to work. Just got back from lunch!

Tena
  • Sweettart
    Tena: I was curious instead of adding my workouts on WOWY should I just log in before I do my workout?
  • jessmomof3
    Tena: I was curious instead of adding my workouts on WOWY should I just log in before I do my workout?

Yep, just log in your workouts before you get started! Add me to your buddies, I'm Jessmomof3 at BB also! :wink:
  • tenaarnett
    Jenn: Sundays is always my Rest day. On Sundays I go into WOWY and schedule my works for every day the next week. Now that is because I have a set schedule and workout at 6pm every night. If you vary your workout times, you can decide each day when to set it or just log in and workout without setting it. It is up to you. Almost time to go home and push play! YEAH!!!

Tena
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Edie, my best friend and neighbor, has a nice bowflex we want to start. Is that anything like a Power 90? I could look it up but more fun to chat here:) denise:laugh: :bigsmile:

• FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Jenn: Sundays is always my Rest day. On Sundays I go into WOWY and schedule my works for every day the next week. Now that is because I have a set schedule and workout at 6pm every night. If you vary your workout times, you can decide each day when to set it or just log in and workout without setting it. It is up to you. Almost time to go home and push play! YEAH!!!

Tena

I've been doing P90X for about 5 weeks... haven't really lost any weight but am beginning to tone up. Do you use a HRM? I just started with a new one with the chest strap and it says my calorie burn is alot less than the old one. What's your typical calorie burn for approx. 1 hr session?
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,312 Member
    Mrs. Alex: welcome. I usually post on the Starting P90X thread. HR really vary with each person and exercise and day. I looked back through my exercise log, though, and I tend to burn 250-300 per strength DVD and between 350-400 on the cardio dvds.

I'm 38 (39 next week!), 5 '4" and around 132, to put things in perspective.