Power 90...Who's With Me?

Options

Replies

• tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Got home alittle later than normal because of the ice storm in Tulsa but I pushed play and did ARX and ab sling along ab workout on ball. Also did Back & Biceps. I had an excellent workout and it sure helped with the tense muscles from driving in the ice. I am worried about Mike (hubby) since he does not get off til after 10pm! They are calling for a mixture of sleet and snow starting tonight and ending about 9am tomorrow morning! Anyway, tomorrow is 1 on 1 Plyo Legs! YEAH!!!

Don't worry about gaining the 2lbs. You will lose it fast! Way to go on your workout today! Sounds like you have a good plan of eating right for the rest of the year. It is great to set goals like that! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!!!

Have a great nights sleep and excellent workout tomorrow!

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Well tonight I was not late getting home. There is still patchy ice on the roads but it was not too bad. Tonight I did 1 on 1 Plyo Legs! I just love that workout! It is an AWESOME leg workout! My legs were tingling when I got done and now they are alittle sore, but it is a good sore!

Tomorrow I have Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and my ab workout... C/S/T is not one of my favorites cause it involves ALOT of push ups.. Don't get wrong as it is a great workout and it definitely burns, just not a favorite.

Well, I hope everyone has a great evening and excellent workout tomorrow.

Tena
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you had agreat workout tonight!

I forgot to post this morning I did Cardio 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100. I am getting better and able to do more of the video!
    Tomorrow is Sculpt 1-2 and I am not a big of that one for the same reason you have...the push ups!!! I really wish we could do something else besides those things!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well another day done and only 73 more to go!

I think that I will do 1-2 for 45 days, 3-4 for 45 days and 5-6 for 45 days.

I have now lost my weekend weight that I had gained and back on track. This weekend is a low key one so no weekend gain.

Next challenge isnt till christmas but will still be working out 6 days a week with sundays as my rest day.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You can do it :)

That's about what I did on P90... 45 days of 1/2 and then moved to 3/4. Really, though, you can gage it by how you feel. If you are feeling stronger sooner then 45 days into the program, then move up to 3/4 then.

PS - I'm with ya on push-ups... I still don't like them... hah!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Psyknife: I think Im doing them wrong...is there a wrong way to do them?

The Sculpt video is pretty good for me and do it all but the Sweat Im about 85% there and Ab Ripper 100 Im about 90-95% there.

I know when I can do the whole video for about a week staright I will go onto 3-4.

How is Chalean Extreme?
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!!!

6 Miles!!!!!! I ran 6 miles!!!!! After about 3.5, I felt so good like I could keep going forever...and I kept going! I guess heartbreak becomes me.

My legs are all ready sore though!!!:ohwell: So tomorrow's going to have to be a lighter day. We'll see how my legs feel, but I should probably give them a bit of a break. Maybe just a brisk walk on an incline or something.

Sorry!!! Wrong thread!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry it took me so long to post after my workout. Tonight I did C/S/T and ARX with ab work on slings and ball. I had an awesome workout! I definitely felt the burn and do not have much strength to even type! It was great! I raised reps on most moves and raised weights on almost all the weighted ones! I felt so pumped!!! I decided it was time to get strong and quit being wimpy about raising the weights!

Tomorrow I am doing Tony's new 1 on 1 Yoga. I have not done that one yet. I also plan on doing sessions 2 and 3 of Biggest Loser Cardio Max.

Tena
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Tena: How do you like the biggest loser workouts? Also are you going to get chalean extreme?
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Jenn: I have the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout. It has 20 minute workout with Bob, 10 min with Jillian and 10 min with another lady. It is a great workout! Tonight I am doing Tony's 1 on 1 Yoga, new workout and Biggest Loser with Jillian and the other lady.

I am not getting the Chalene Extreme yet... P90X just looks alittle more intense and I need it and I am happy with it and my continuous results I am still getting. Why change when what you are doing it working. I have a couple buddies that have ordered it and will wait to see what P90X'ers think of it before I purchase it.

Well, I hope you have a great day and excellent workout.

Tena
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Tena: Yes I just finished my Cardio 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100 and feel awesome!

I am in a 10lb challenge on here and I only need to lose 2 more pounds by dec 31 to hit it! And also I write down everyday in my daily planner what my weight is and when I hit my 2lbs this month I will not have been this weight since jan 21/08, that is almost a yr!!!!!

Seeing the scale going down everyday, seeing my body getting smaller and coming on this site everyday (a million times a day, its addicting) keeps me so motivated!!!

I have a goal of 180 by Feb 6(my bday) so as of today I have 51 days to lose 17.2lbs, I CAN and WILL do it!
  • psyknife
    Options
    Psyknife: I think Im doing them wrong...is there a wrong way to do them?

The Sculpt video is pretty good for me and do it all but the Sweat Im about 85% there and Ab Ripper 100 Im about 90-95% there.

I know when I can do the whole video for about a week staright I will go onto 3-4.

How is Chalean Extreme?

A wrong way to do what?

I haven't started ChaLEAN yet... my plan has been to start on the 29th. Good thing, too, since I've been sick for some weeks! I have a feeling I should be back to my ol' self by the 29th, and ready to knock that program outta the water! :D
  • Sweettart
    Options
    A wrong way to do push ups?

Also, Tena where are you? You didn't post tonight after your workout!!!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Jenn! My workout tonight was AWESOME!!!! I did Tony's new 1 on 1 Yoga! It was great and went super fast! It really felt great! I plan to do that one weekly for the now on! Not as long as the P90X Yoga but very, very good! The I did Biggest Loser Cardio Max session 2 and 3. That was a great cardio workout to top it off! Tomorrow is Legs & Back!

Jenn: About your question on a right and wrong way to do pushups. I started doing them on my knees until I could build up strength. Also start on your knees and going halfway down. You will notice each time you do it, your strength building until you can go all the way to the floor. Then start doing full body ones on your toes and again go halfway down until your strength builds and then you go all the way. Just modify sweetie.... You are doing awesome so keep up the good work. Great job on your workout today!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow and excellent workout!

Tena
  • psyknife
    Options
    Like Tena said... there are many ways to do push-ups.

The one thing you really want to pay attention to while doing push-ups (whether on your toes or your knees) is to avoid belly-flopping as you come down to the floor, and then peeling yourself up. That can compromise the spine. At the start of a push-up (plank or modified plank) you want to make sure you are fully engaging your abs... tighten that tummy, tuck the pelvis, and squeeze the glutes. As you lower to the floor don't let that spine move... keep it straight and tight. If you get to a point where you can't go deeper w/o losing that form, then just push back up from there. Over time you'll work up to going deeper.
    Also, be sure that your hands remain directly under your elbows, evenly distribute the weight in your hands, and keep those fingers spread wide on the floor. :)
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well I just finished Sculpt 1-2 and getting a little better with my form for the push ups. They are harder but I know Im getting better.

I do have a body fat scale and when I used it this morning I have already lost 8.2lbs and1% body fat since Dec 1 when I start P90!!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Jenn! Just finished Legs & Back workout and I ROCKED IT! It was AMAZING! I was driving home, thinking I am tired and don't feel like working out and don't feel like pushing myself with unassisted pull-ups. When I got home, Mike (hubby) said go change and get that workout done NOW!! He said "If you skip it you will regret it and become grouchy and angry!" So, I changed my clothes and pressed play and my mentality completely changed. I knew Mike was secretly watching me on my pull-ups from the bedroom and I pushed it really hard. I did my 96 total of unassisted pull-ups and my arms feel like toast now! But it is such a great feeling and I am glad Mike pushed me when I got home. (I was kinda mad at him at the time and took it out on the workout).

Jenn: Great job on your workout this morning! I am so glad you are noticing how better you are getting with the workout. I told you, it WILL get better each time you do it. That is TOTALLY AWESOME that you lost 8.2 lbs in less than 1 month! I am so proud of you!!! Your hard work and determination is showing and definitely paying off! Keep it up girl!! :flowerforyou:

Tena
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Jenn: Congratulations on your hard work and the results you are seeing :flowerforyou:

Teena: Thanks for sharing that today you didn't feel like working out! You always sound so upbeat-which is awesome-but it isgood to know even someone so dedicated has days when beginning that workout is a chore. My DH does the same type of thing. He will often give me peptalks during my WO, if it's during the evening. Even if he's driving me nuts, it encourages me to bring it even HARDER!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well just finished Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100.

I cant believe how I keep improving and impressing myself! I can do pretty much all the power yoga and need a little more work on the cardio itself.

Have a great workout everyone!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Just finished my workout and it was AWESOME!!! I did 8 pack ab (14 min) and Quick Ab ball workout (10 min). It was amazing and I really felt the burn! Then I did my favorite Kenpo+! It was AWESOME! I swear it was the best one I have ever done! I was kicking super high and punching super hard with my 2 lbs (each hand) weighted gloves on.

Now, I am not taking tomorrow as a Rest Day like I usually do and will do Monday's workout, Back & Biceps. I cannot do abs tomorrow with it as I did Abs today. So I will do Abs on Mon and Wed. I will just do my workouts a day ahead of time and will take my Rest Day on Christmas Day.

Well, I need to hit the shower.

Tena