Stay-At-Home Moms 12/1-12/7

Options
Happy Monday, ladies!

The first Monday after the holiday. Time to REALLY get back on the good habits train!

:flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, ladies!

The first Monday after the holiday. Time to REALLY get back on the good habits train!

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Loree - love the new pic! You guys are so cute.

MM - you can do it! Today is a new day! Once you start logging your food again, it'll come back no problem. Now is a good time b/c you still have time before all the Christmas craziness begins.

Lyn - I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Sorry about the one t.v. situation. That's another reason I'm glad we don't have to go far to celebrate with family. I can still manage to squeeze in my workouts before I leave the house. Glad you made it home safely!

I got my Fat Blaster workout done this morning already & I'm hoping that I'll get another one in today at some point. I ate like crap yesterday & Saturday...strangely enough, not on Thanksgiving. It is my fault & now my body is all grumbly. I drank TONS of water last night & worked out after dinner & started to feel better & after my workout this morning & MORE water, I feel even better. When will I learn my lesson about Little Caesar's pizza?! :sick:

Have healthy, good choice days, mommies! :heart:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day and it's a new week! I am glad I have the motivation to start fresh today. I was planning to stay off wheat this week but I ended up getting cereal at the store. Oh well. A little isn't too bad for me. I just don't want to have breads etc. I am going to get back on the push ups program today (I have three and a half weeks to finish) and get some kind of light cardio in. The house is mostly clean so I just need to pick up and do laundry. Oh and I think it's about time to pull out the winter clothes. :tongue: I don't really like winter so I'm not in a hurry. Ha ha.
    I have to say once again: it's good to be back home!!! Have a good Monday all!
    MM
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I got on the scale this morning :grumble: not really happy about what it said and honestly I have a hard time believing that I gained 5 lbs in 4 days. So I'm trying not to take it to heart and just move forward. I had yogurt and cereal for breakfast and now I'm sitting here drinking my green tea. I'm going to get my cardio in and maybe some strength training. I'm hoping it will warm up enough that I can walk to my son's school to pick him up (it's a two mile walk total). I didn't eat very well yesterday but I drank a ton of water (over 100 oz). Maybe yesterday was a PMS day....hard to know since I haven't had TOM for over a year now. Gonna roll with the punches today and hope that by the end of the week the scale is good to me :smile:

Have a great day!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning Moms!!
    Sounds like alot of us are doing the "getting back on track" thing today. I went over my calories every single day from Thanksgiving thru yesterday:grumble: Oh I just want to throw all those leftovers out the window!:laugh: But I cant stand to (or afford to) waste the food:ohwell: Im really hoping that it will ALL be gone after today and I can get back to eating the stuff that is BETTER for me. And what is with that evil thing where food always tastes better the next day?? (Or in our case the next 3 days? LOL)
    Anyway, we got about 5 inches of snow dumped on us last night, and the temperature dropped like crazy!! So not only is there alot of snow outside, but its pretty FROZEN! 90% of my cardio each day comes from my walks OUTSIDE...now I can just see me running out the door this morning like a normal day and BREAKING a much needed bone!:grumble: :noway: I have several dvd's to choose from to do my cardio indoors, the problem is I think they are BORING and find myself dreading doing them. Boy, is this going to be a LONG winter:frown: What kinds of things do you guys do for cardio when you really cant get outside and walk? Im sure this has been discussed on probably lots of threads, I just feel lazy this morning lol....
    Hope you all have a great, healthy day:drinker:
    ~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention....I cant budget the local gym into our finances right now (MAYBE in a few weeks?) and I already had a 3 lb gain last week and REALLY dont want to see another one Thursday when I weigh in for this week!:noway:
    HELP LADIES!!:wink:

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Awwww loreeb-Your baby is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pics with us:heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I came across this on MSN today and thought I should share

Quash cravings
    Indulging yourself once in a while is perfectly okay, but if cravings start becoming daily occurrences, you need to find a way to calm them. Try these craving quenchers:

Pop some pickles. Strong-tasting foods like olives, pickles, and hot peppers are overwhelming to your taste buds, which experts say cuts cravings off at the pass.

Gum up the works. Chew bubble gum—it keeps your jaw going, and it's sweet!

Brush your teeth. Ever notice how nothing tastes very good after you brush?

What happens if these strategies don't work and you find yourself slipping? Shrug it off and get right back on track. There's always tomorrow. Remember, it’s what you do most of the time—not those few occasions you fall off the wagon—that determines your success.

Indulge Wisely

You’re not a bad person for eating potato chips. Ice cream is not "bad." It just has a lot of calories without a whole lot of nutrition. The key is to not get carried away. Here's how to deviate from your healthy eating regimen without falling completely off track:

1. Plan it. Tell yourself you’re going to have one slice of birthday cake.
    2. Pace it. Limit treats to special occasions two or three times a month.
    3. Portion it. Allow yourself one moderately sized serving.
    4. Enjoy it. Pay attention to the food. Don’t read or watch television.
    5. Pitch it. Discard any leftovers to prevent temptation.
    6. Forget it. Go right back to your healthy eating habits
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Roni-I'm sorry you have snow. I love my walks. I too am dreading the evil winter for a lot of reasons!! Workout dvds have to be intriguing otherwise you just wont do them. I have a few that are terrible and they have sat on the shelf since I bought them (why I don't throw them out I don't know). I love my turbo jam stuff. It's fast fun and even when I feel crappy and don't wanna work out just thinking about how it makes me feel when I'm done gets my fat butt out of the chair and movin! Today I am exhausted and I really dont want to move from the computer chair but if I don't work out than I can't eat :smile: Good luck finding some new workouts...you can find samples of dvds online if you wanna see before you buy. And I hear you on the gym membership :frown: I want to get one just so that I can get out of the house and to do something different every once in a while but it's just not in our budget.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning--

Committing to a weekly check in with all of you-- I've been so much more productive since being forced to address the time I spend here.

Had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday with my family-- some of us were traveling, and returned home safe and sound. Everything was yummy!!!!!! Ate too much, didn't go nuts-- but my tummy doesn't like it. Not sure whether I'll taebo or turbo today-- hmmmmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Have a great week, everyone-- !!!!!!!!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies-
    How was everyones thanksgiving?? Mine was ok I cried over the greenbeans this year..First one without my dad and we didnt put bacon in them to cook like he always liked..So there I was cryin like a baby over the greenbeans :sad: ..crazy I know..but all in all I had an ok thanksgiving..I miss my dad soooo much:brokenheart: ..I'm seriously thinking bout goin and gettin on a nerve pill or something I cant take being this depressed all the time..Well I have my highs n lows..
    As for the weight I'm still stuck at 193 but thats ok rather be stuck then goin up..lol I'm doin alright in the food department I guess..Just need to get off my big butt and tone up this body of mine..I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is doing well with thier goals..Have a great day ladies..
    Dana:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Roni - I love my Turbo Jam stuff! I feel great afterwards & it is just a great workout. I haven't been able to walk for over a month b/c of the cold & not wanting to take the kids out in it. Irritating.

Marla - Good to see your face again, lady! How do you like Turbo Jam?!

Dana - I'm sorry that Thanksgiving was so rough & that the green beans sent you over the edge. *hugs* If you do feel like you're just in a funk & can't get out of it, don't hesitate to call your dr.! Even if they decide that medication isn't the best route, it is still someone you can talk to that can help you iron out what would be best for you.

Lyn - that was an interesting article. Hope you got your workout in!

Micah starts speech therapy tomorrow so we'll see how this goes. Talk to you all in the morning!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Just got done working out & now I'm onto my pushups. Zeke's been up since 5, but he's actually been kind of pleasant. Let's hope it stays that way for the sitter!

Have wonderful Tuesdays, mommies!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Not a lot for me today. I need to rest since I wasn't feeling good yesterday. I may try to get my push ups in if I feel like it's okay to do. My in laws are coming up to spend the night. I'm out of a car this week so they are coming to take us to Alex's horse thing tomorrow, which they've been wanting to see anyway. So today is put away laundry, do dishes, pick up a little, maybe push ups, and then laying around...if Alex will let me. He wakes up in a good mood then quickly he goes downhill. :grumble: So he's whining upstairs. He did not like me laying around yesterday. If I had some good Christmas movies here to watch I wouldn't mind laying around for a couple of days. :tongue:
    I'd better go smack him around a little. I'm kidding. Have a good day everyone! I'll check in later.
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Take it easy, MM! I hope everything goes well with your IL's & Alex's therapy. *hugs*
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Morning Ladies. I slept in this morning and now I'm running behind and I'm pretty sure Adi's schedule will be all off today too...like right now she should be napping and she's happily bouncing in her jumper. Oh well guess I'll just have to make the best of the day. I made Chex Muddy Buddies last night....I don't know why cuz now they are sitting on the counter tempting me. 1/2 cup is 210 calories!!! but they taste SO GOOD!!! I don't really have much to do today. I need to dust and run to the local fitness store and look at HRMs but other than that I'll just be staying inside cuz of the terrible weather today. My dh cleaned house and did laundry Sunday when we got home and then last night he put up Christmas lights, he's so wonderful :love: but he's left me with little to do. Okay I'm off to feed my baby and hopefully get my workout in. Have a great day!

MM sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope Alex will let you lounge around at least part of the day.

3bb hope therapy goes well
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    It actually went really well! We'll be going once a week for 3 months & I really enjoyed his therapist & the method that she uses. I think we're going to keep going b/c he had so much fun, he didn't want to leave! LOL

So much of your post I'm jealous of, Lyn! Sleeping in, a husband that dusts, being able to just run up to a store to check out a HRM (if I did that, you'd need to see if I was on drugs. Just running anywhere with all the kids is a catastrophe waiting to happen!). Good luck with those HRMs! Let me know if you find an awesome one! I'm hoping Santa brings me THAT for Christmas, too!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    DH said he's going to get me one for Christmas! We weren't supposed go be doing gifts because we bought a new camera. But I mentioned something about looking for a HRM online. He said, "I was going to get you one for Christmas." I said I thought we bought the camera as a Christmas gift. He said, "I can't not get you a present." So yea! I'll be getting one in 3 weeks. (Wow, Christmas is getting close.)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    That's awesome, Lori! I can't wait to hear how you like it!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Roni - I love my Turbo Jam stuff! I feel great afterwards & it is just a great workout. I haven't been able to walk for over a month b/c of the cold & not wanting to take the kids out in it. Irritating.

Marla - Good to see your face again, lady! How do you like Turbo Jam?!

Dana - I'm sorry that Thanksgiving was so rough & that the green beans sent you over the edge. *hugs* If you do feel like you're just in a funk & can't get out of it, don't hesitate to call your dr.! Even if they decide that medication isn't the best route, it is still someone you can talk to that can help you iron out what would be best for you.

Lyn - that was an interesting article. Hope you got your workout in!

Micah starts speech therapy tomorrow so we'll see how this goes. Talk to you all in the morning!

Chalene kinda bugs me, Sara-- but, the workout is good. I'm really liking the Taebo Cardio. Did that last night with my eldest daughter. Tonight maybe the 40 minute cardio jam-- or whatever it's called. I did the turbo sculpt last week and liked that a lot, too.

Need to log my lunch and skedaddle-- later ladies!