Whats the best non gym exercise for calorie burn/weight loss

Options
I'm already doing the30 day shred and eating a calorie controlled diet and drinking plenty of water but I need to up my game as I have a big occasion coming up in 5 weeks and want to look my very best.

What is the best I can do in your opinion for burning calories and fat? Zumba, running, aerobics? Or something altogether different? I'm open to all suggestions.

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Everything so far I have seen is jogging, I saw a chart and jogging had the highest calorie...
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Circuit trainning, interval, and tabata trainning all burn calories and fat faster than running or just weight lifting. Those are the best ways to get a lean toned look. If you want to throw in yoga, it'll make you have a slender look. Don't just do one thing you have to mix things up so your body doesn't adapt to your routine and it keeps changing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    running for cardio and circuit training for strength training.
  • Chenson2010
    Chenson2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do zumba during the week for a quick calorie burn and i burn like 600-700 calories in that hour. if you really want to see results do the zumba like 3 times a week.
  • stacibell1
    stacibell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and LOVE it. I got the DVDs though since I like it so much at class and its not as fun, if you do try it I think they key is finding an instructor that you like. My insturctor does super high intensity workouts and throws some slow down songs in so we can still breathe. I went to another class where the instructor was really dancy and HATED it!
    Although with Zumba you can burn like 600 calories in an hour if you keep the intensity up and its way more fun then running!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels-Yoga meltdown. I do it in my living room, and yes this DVD will kick your *kitten*! good luck and have fun!=D
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Zumba wii!!
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Interval/circuit training. Its quick, makes the time go by fast because you are switching things up, and burns those calories quick and easy!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Running! & HiiT workouts (youtube it).
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Turbo Fire is great as well as the other programs folks have suggested. The thing is to find something that will challenge you, and keep you motivated. What works for me may or may not work for you.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was assuming that 30 day shred wascircuit training? By interval training do you mean a mixture of walking and running? I'm going to head back to Zumba as well, I've not been for ages and I do like it but I don't really get sweaty at it the way I do with 30ds. Keep the ideas coming I'll try anything to find something that works for me!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love zumba, I have discovered jump rope burns major calories
    I can burn almost 300 in 15 minutes of nonstop quick jumping
  • julieannebyrom
    Options
    Just checked out Jillian Michaels yoga and it looks like it's US only :(
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The Horizontal Hussel..... lol
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I am a huge ZUMBA fan. I have a friend who teaches it, and I also have the Wii game. It is a great work out and so much fun!!!
  • julieannebyrom
    Options
    The Horizontal Hussel..... lol

ha ha that'a already in the plan ;) Anything to burn some calories!
  • Determined1980
    Options
    P90X Plyometrics!!! LOVE IT!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Running! & HiiT workouts (youtube it).

Yes!!! Where have you been all this time? People keep posting complete nonsense on here, I was losing hope
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Are you UK too Jingly?

I've got a metcon workout I can send you (msg)

30DS is a circuit workout

I've an interval plan already written out too I can send, works for any exercise
  • julieannebyrom
    Options
    Are you UK too Jingly?

I've got a metcon workout I can send you (msg)

30DS is a circuit workout

I've an interval plan already written out too I can send, works for any exercise

Yes I'm in the UK, thanks any help would be great.