My love is gone...

Options
if the Washington Redskins don't have a good season this year, i think I'll be done with watching NFL games, forever. I have spent so many years cheering for my home team, that my love for them is fading.. and fading fast. I cant watch any other team except the burgundy and gold, so I will have to break up with them for good, like an annoying girlfriend.. this is their last chance to make me stay. :happy:
Good thing the English Premier League starts up this weekend, soccer is always a good distraction

Have a good Thursday!

Replies

• BigCountry00
    Options
    LOL.

Now you know how I feel, being a Bengals fan since 1988, mind you. I say every year, "Wait until next year". LOL
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    LOL.

Now you know how I feel, being a Bengals fan since 1988, mind you. I say every year, "Wait until next year". LOL

Haha, this is me too...WHO DEY!!! :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    LOL...such tragedy.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    LOL.

Try being a Cubs fan.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Try being from Chicago. ugh. Love the sleeve though :)
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's unfortunate. I'm a Titans fan, great season or terrible season. I've been through plenty of both.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You can always watch baseball ;) hehe
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I can't give up on the Redskins...I have pajama bottoms, coffee mugs, and jerseys so there would be too much investment with no return. EVENTUALLY they have to get better...right? RIGHT? *sobbing into my keyboard*
  • jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    How do you think I feel? My hometown team is the Bengals. o_o
  • marie566
    Options
    I know how you feel....49er fan here!!! I remain optimistic for this season!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You poor thing!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I am from MN. I have no love for any of my teams - I just use them as an excuse to drink beer and buy the cute NFL tops from Victoria's Secret!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Try being from Toronto. Every single team we have is ****ty. Good thing I don't care.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Got ya all beat.... try being a Lions fan :(
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lol, I can feel your pain. Hope you'll be able to make it through this
  • julzmamabear
    Options
    I'm a Buffalo Bills fan so I know your pain!!..lol
  • bargoddess2
    Options
    I felt the same way about FSU Seminoles. They were on such a bad losing streak for the longest time that I just stopped caring. But now that Bowden has retired and they beat the Gators for the first time in a loooooooong time, I may find it in my heart to forgive them. LOL
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    First off... soccer? Really? I know Redskins football is tough to follow but I would rather watch my METS pretend to play baseball then turn on a second of soccer.

The beauty of the NFL is that any team can win any week... any team can put together and improbably run like My Giants did a couple years back now. I know I never miss a minute of Giants football starting in the pre-season.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I love being from Wisconsin. Badgers, Brewers, Packers!!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    if the Washington Redskins don't have a good season this year, i think I'll be done with watching NFL games, forever. I have spent so many years cheering for my home team, that my love for them is fading.. and fading fast. I cant watch any other team except the burgundy and gold, so I will have to break up with them for good, like an annoying girlfriend.. this is their last chance to make me stay. :happy:
    Good thing the English Premier League starts up this weekend, soccer is always a good distraction

Have a good Thursday!

Good luck, they're going to stink this year. Sorry about that.